James P Hoffa needs to go.

Discussion in 'ABF Freight System' started by ABFer, Aug 4, 2016.

1. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Hoffa is a piece of trash who is cluttering up our union and I hope that the members give him the boot this October, he needs to go.

Here's one example, one story of how he and his stooges treat our members and how they feel like this is their union. If they acted like this in public politics they'd be run off already.

http://www.tdu.org/hoffa_hall_vp_thugs_found_guilty_of_violent_threats

This guy is not only an embarrassment when it comes to negotiating our contracts I'm ashamed of his behavior at the Convention as well.

bigtruk_us, Gargamel, GO40 and 6 others like this.
  2. Abfrocks

Abfrocks Active Member

He has to go for sure. I know everyone says they won't be voting for him but you know there will still be a bunch that will vote for him. I want a better contract and a union that is on my side. My vote is for Zuckerman

3. iam4us

iam4us Active Member

Real tough guys..in pretty vests..hoffa thinks these cliwns should kiss his ring..where is the FBI

4. iam4us

iam4us Active Member

And charges through ibt?

canaryinthemine likes this.
  5. GO40

GO40 Banned

I talked to a friend that works for ups parcel & he could not believe how bad Hoffa screwed the freight division. I also told him to tell his fellow workers to please vote against Jimmy, he said he would spread the word. Keep your fingers crossed....

6. ABFer

That whole process is a joke and not worth your time...unless you just want to see for yourself what a joke it is.
    Many of the UPS workers are TDU members or TDU oriented, they are not hard to convince and they are the only hope we'd have in taking the trash out at 25 Louisiana Ave. NE, 20001, we freight guys are in a major minority.

7. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

You should go to browncafe alot of those guys over there love Hoffa.

GO40 and ABFer like this.
  8. tutone710

tutone710 Your Retirement Canceled

No one cares about the freight division. They want it to just go away.

9. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Would you say he's really making his father proud? When Hoffa Jr. Got into office, there still was a good 30 or so Union LTL carriers,..........

So now there are .....three,......if you count the super merger as one carrier,........and there are three different versions of what remains of the NMFA,..........the largest pension fund is crippled,.......because of "deals" to allow carriers to walk away, or not pay their full share..........and management can hardly help from breaking into outright laughter when you mention fairness and the grievance procedure..........

The convention in Las Vegas was a horrendous joke on the rank-and-file.....To openly attack and harass any dissenter would've made Adolf Hitler proud........yet you see how much news coverage there was about the "world's largest" Union? Zip,. Zippo.... nothing,.....no national coverage.

Yep,.........James R. Hoffa would be real......."proud".....of his son's work........

bigtruk_us, tired iron, GO40 and 4 others like this.
  10. UPSer

UPSer Active Member

Im a UPSer and a former freight teamster. Jr is nothing more than a joke who needs to be voted out. At my barn its a 50/50 call right now. Im not voting for Hoffa/Hall and his concession crew. They need to be shown the door of the Marble Palace (the Exit sign). Good luck brothers and sisters.

11. iam4us

iam4us Active Member

YRC guys love him, saved their jobs, desperate. Then came to ABF and will pass another crap contract as a save. old timers stick together. Time for youth and guts in our Union. out with the old, in with the new. Like Judy, young, smart.

Abfrocks likes this.
  12. norcal10

norcal10 Active Member

I think the only reason people vote for him, and the only thing he has going for him is his name. They see Hoffa and think of his great father. They do not do their research to see. I know when I first hired on as a part timer at UPS parcel when I was 19 I voted for him. I knew about his dad and figured he would be the same way. Now I am in the freight division at a YRC owned company. I would never vote for Hoffa in a million years. I think his father would be absolutely horrified at what he has done. Who would have ever thought that the Teamsters, one of the strongest unions in the country at one time would be making concessions and losing their pensions...

Grumpy, Skinnytrucker, ABFer and 2 others like this.
  13. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Remember,.......only 39% of Teamsters even took the time to bother to vote in the last General Election.............. Astounding........if you could get the mailman to stand there for five minutes, you could steal one of your child's crayons,......open your ballot,.....make your mark,.....seal it,.....and give it back to the mail man..........and out your ballot goes! Don't forget to slip the crayon back...

How easy can it be?

Would it be any easier if Mr. Hoffa said : "Let's leave those stinky rank-and-filers out of this, and I'll just have the cronies I appointed re-elect me..."?

You know he's actually proposed that.....he didn't think we needed the "expense" of an election........

Yeah,.....right. And Paul Revere didn't need a horse, either.......

This may be your last democratically run election in the Teamsters. Vote for Hoffa-Hall, and you'll never have to vote in an election , or on a contract, ever again.......

14. pops11359

pops11359 Banned

I'm not a teamster, yet, (will have to see what is to come), but I was wondering when is the general election for y'all?

15. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

I might be wrong but the figure I have is 26% voted, 74% did not. And if I am right that is even worse. Either way those 2 figures aren't a majority of the total members who could vote. Apathy @ it's best.

16. ABFer

The votes are tallied sometime in October, keep an eye open around here and I'm sure it'll be announced.

17. ABFer

Freight and construction vote 90%+, UPS votes 50%+- and school districts vote 25%+-

18. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

Got our sheet for our terminal from the IBT today. They count them November 14th. Doesn't say in the letter when they send the ballots to us though.

19. pops11359

pops11359 Banned

November 15th?

20. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

By the time they get them counted either then or a couple days later.

Songremainsthesame likes this.