Yellow | Jamie Pierson comments on the -15%

Early success at "amusing'.....lol ....
smiley-laughing015.gif
smiley-laughing014.gif
smiley-with-glasses32.gif

If they would'nt have paid out all them BONUSES , after we agree to the -15% forever , maybe there would be less HATE?? and when will they ever make attempt to pay down the $1.3 billion debt ??? or they going just keep it there till 2019 to keep us under control ?? and yes all them givebacks are gone forever , so it is what it is !! thanks for your 2 cents -15% would be 1 3/4 cents !!!

Actually it would be 1 7/10 cents. But what's a few hundredths of a cent among friends.

Sugarfoot, I'm glad you opined on this subject. And I tend to agree that Jamie Pierson is less than tactful. Maybe we should pool our money and purchase a copy of Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" for him! It appears he is in dire need.
The sad fact is there are a few here who epitomize the adage, "misery loves company". I choose to try and accept those things which I cannot change. I learned long ago that I, and I alone, am responsible for my happiness.
I've tried to entertain, amuse, and inform. Not always to great success.
While I do not dwell on the givebacks and do not let them rain on my zen, I am all for giving the company breathing room to get their legs back under them, I do however
expect to be compensated better than the nons. I am not going to willfully let them turn our jobs into second rate jobs. I hope the company is on good financial standing by 19 and I hope that everybody is ready for a helluva fight. I know I will be!!

I'm going to throw in my 2cents. The CFO said something to an analyst/reporter. Maybe he wishes he didn't phrase it the way he did, then again maybe not. It doesn't matter, we had a vote, it came back in the affirmative, the MOU stands as is until 2019. As Brother Triplex and other deep thinkers constantly point out, shutting down the Company and loosing Seniority, Health Care, Vacation Weeks etc, would be cutting your nose because you're mad at you're face.The "snap back" language is there just in case Somebody buys Us, there isn't any way we are going to get vacation weeks, 15% pay or full Pension Contributions back while servicing a 1.3 Billion $$ debt.

Stop letting outside agitators get you all worked up. Some posters on this forum only come here to stir the "pot", to them I would say... what goes around sometimes comes around.

Didn't our debt drop to 1.1 Billion per the 4th quarter earnings release 2 weeks ago?

Last edited:
While I do not dwell on the givebacks and do not let them rain on my zen, I am all for giving the company breathing room to get their legs back under them, I do however
expect to be compensated better than the nons. I am not going to willfully let them turn our jobs into second rate jobs. I hope the company is on good financial standing by 19 and I hope that everybody is ready for a helluva fight. I know I will be!!
And that's fine. But, these are the cards we're playing now.

What's the 20 on the pot stirrers?

It wasn't directed towards you. Some of them work for us and take pleasure making other co-workers upset. They seldom consider that we may have other issues in our lives such as sick Loved ones, Family members that need financial support due to no fault of their own, etc. We're all Adults and know the score, 26,000 Employees across all the YRCW Companies. Thank goodness the majority are going to work night and day and doing the right thing for themselves and their Families. For that, I tip my hat and applaud them.

Last edited:
Triplexis post: 907415 said:
Just think how much you might have lost if the MOU was rejected and they defaulted on the notes and were forced into Ch 11. Two sides to every story, right?
Your statement is speculative.What we are told and what is true.Two different things.It didn't happen.So we will never know.Only definitive thing we do know.Is that a whole lot of us voted NO in the first volley in the MOU 2014.It wasn't even close.The union let us control our destiny.So we voted no.

Your statement is speculative..

I'm not speaking for Triplex, but I don't see his statement as "speculative" There was nothing to Speculate about regarding the Condition of the company.....It's well known financial woes...the economy.... It does not take a economics degree to understand the logical outcome of a "No" vote on the MOU... You, and others, chose to disregard the dire reality of the situation at that time and I'm sure the Former employees of Hostess thought the something as they Stood "tough" and voted themselves out of a job...

So we will never know.

You will, apparently, never know.... The rest of us do know.....

Only definitive thing we do know

Here..let me finish that statement for you..... "Only definitive thing we do know" .....is that YRC is still operating and providing good paying jobs and fully paid for insurance for tens of thousands of Teamster Families......and hiring more Teamsters.... ...

There, that sounds better than your version.... Why can't you bitter "NO" voters just give it up and accept the fact that you still have a good Job....many of you with good Seniority and vacations...

a whole lot of us voted NO in the first volley in the MOU 2014.It wasn't even close.The union let us control our destiny.So we voted no.

Yes a whole lot of people voted "no".....and thankfully a whole lot more people voted "Yes"..... And there is nothing "speculative" about that either... (of course I'm sure you don't believe the vote tally either..no surprise)

All this man has done is told the Uncut Truth. I know its hard to accept the reality of it but the company has already DIVORCED itself from the 15% thought and the Pension Saving Initiatives so with that being said. I suggest the rank and file take heed to that message or do whatever you feel you must do to in your mind improve your situation. There will be NO MIRACLE SNAPBACK. Unions are on the decline in America and the trend seems to be that large corporations are making sure it stays that way with side deals with YOUR CONGRESSMEN. Sad part is the hope in which was sold to the rank and file that this was just a temporary situation that could be corrected through hard work and sacrifice,,,,,,,
What a Lube & Tube Job.....!
You can't really believe that. I don't think unions are on their way out. As long as there are workers with a select set of skills that NOT EVERYONE possess, you'll have unions. Unions are like every other elected body, they're only as good as the people you give the power to. My opinion. Not trying to incite a riot or political debate.