Yellow | Jamie Pierson comments on the -15%

My 2 cents! Return a few years in reverse, back to 2008-09. Read the TB comments/controversy, back then.
Read through the "concessions," each and every year, since 2008-09.
Follow the bill counts! Follow the increases/decreases in tonnage AND net income for YRCF & Regionals.
Notice how Reddaway has ventured into Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma. How convenient!
I see a return to the bargaining table soon, even after the zip code realignment next month.
Maybe, I'm paranoid/schizophrenic, let us visualize the environment in 2019.

I'm not speaking for Triplex, but I don't see his statement as "speculative" There was nothing to Speculate about regarding the Condition of the company.....It's well known financial woes...the economy.... It does not take a economics degree to understand the logical outcome of a "No" vote on the MOU... You, and others, chose to disregard the dire reality of the situation at that time and I'm sure the Former employees of Hostess thought the something as they Stood "tough" and voted themselves out of a job...
<snip>

Thank you pilot, I wasn't sure where to begin with a response to his post but you did it beautifully and saved me the trouble! :1036316054:

You can't really believe that. I don't think unions are on their way out. As long as there are workers with a select set of skills that NOT EVERYONE possess, you'll have unions. Unions are like every other elected body, they're only as good as the people you give the power to. My opinion. Not trying to incite a riot or political debate.

Ok I will give you that much. But the days of strong unions dictating to large companies are over. Slice it however you so choose but the reality is crystal clear. Unions like coorporations are influenced by back room deals between the rich and those who run our government. I'm a realist and I am totally aware of whats happening to unions in America. Its not just the Teamsters.

Here's the link to part 1 of 6 parts.

http://ww2.cfo.com/credit/2015/02/anatomy-turnaround-yrc-worldwide/

Here's the paragraph in question:
“If we operate in a largely non-unionized industry, we need to be able to pay in a mainly non-unionized fashion,” says Pierson. “If we’re above the market by 15% we’re not going to be competitive. We are now paying what the market will bear, and we all need to divorce ourselves from the mindset that that 15% is going to come back.”
Most non union ltl carriers now pay more than YRC. What's not going to be coming back is morale and dedication

You never will see that 15% at this place! Never! I'm thinking that come early next year they will be back for more.

You are so right! How else will YRC pay for Freight Dimensions, Fingerprints Scanners, and endless COO's other than with givebacks. 101 Freight Hauling is old school and doesn't fit into their cost matrix.

In the C.F.O. mag. interview , Jamie Pierson said "WE ALL NEED TO DIVORCE OURSELVES FROM THE MINDSET THAT THE -15% IS GOING TO COME BACK " !!! what a nice guy to say that to the public and kinda thinking he should get a extra bonus to, for saving the company all them wages ???

We all need to give YRC 100% of your 85% everyday. That equals a 15% work reduction, and we will never forget to include the 75% in pension reductions in our work day.

I go to work in my house slippers everyday, Jamie. Work for peanuts and you get monkies.

Most non union ltl carriers now pay more than YRC. What's not going to be coming back is morale and dedication
Yes , that is the point that non-union carriers PAY MORE PER HOUR than yrcw does !!! so WHERE does JAMIE come up with that BS pay idea of what the market will bear for pay ??? plus JAMIE you are overpaid for a CFO guy too !!! bottom line is union jobs should pay more than non-union jobs period ........... that why we joined a union & pay dues right ???

You cannot compare unless you consider the ENTIRE package! Wages, insurance, work rules, retirement, etc.I joined the Teamsters during an organizing campaign in 1974. And I did so for many reasons. Dignity in the workplace (work rules and seniority rights) was one of them as well. We received no raise. What so many here fail to recognize is, this is a political power issue through out all businesses in America. Until ALL Americans begin to coalesce around candidates that support labor, this WILL continue!

You cannot compare unless you consider the ENTIRE package! Wages, insurance, work rules, retirement, etc.I joined the Teamsters during an organizing campaign in 1974. And I did so for many reasons. Dignity in the workplace (work rules and seniority rights) was one of them as well. We received no raise. What so many here fail to recognize is, this is a political power issue through out all businesses in America. Until ALL Americans begin to coalesce around candidates that support labor, this WILL continue!

the pay of the nons comes down a bit once you factor in their mediocre health insurance, that they pay a big chunk for, along with the dental, vision, work rules, etc.

I have a friend who works under national contract at Cassens, hauling cars. He got into some trouble, and his job is waiting for him when he gets his license back. you think work rules like that are favored by ANY company? our rules are similar. his life is NOT ruined, because he chose union employment. if he was at a non union carrier, no matter what type of trucking, he would be done. the bottom line is, at a union carrier, YOU choose how long you want to work there, instead of your boss.

Holland CH TM was talking to another road driver and I about his former company, Conway Freight. he said 20 guys every month in PA get walked off the job because of the 3 strikes policy. he said many drivers got all 3 strikes in one night, since if you are loaded heavy, and go over 3 hills overweight, technically that's 3 different over speeds. How many union drivers does this happen to? none? if you guys want to go walk a tightrope for the rest of your life, be my guest.

Yes , that is the point that non-union carriers PAY MORE PER HOUR than yrcw does !!! so WHERE does JAMIE come up with that BS pay idea of what the market will bear for pay ??? plus JAMIE you are overpaid for a CFO guy too !!! bottom line is union jobs should pay more than non-union jobs period ........... that why we joined a union & pay dues right ???

My take home may be less, but, I do not fear losing my job when I confront management.

I have a contract.

My copay for medical visits is $15. Think about that, I mean REALLY think about that.

I have seniority, that allows me choices.

c5IfTH9.jpg

My take home may be less, but, I do not fear losing my job when I confront management.

I have a contract.

My copay for medical visits is $15. Think about that, I mean REALLY think about that.

I have seniority, that allows me choices.
Throwing your weight around again, EL ?????

Yes you can consider the pay & ins.benefits & etc stuff , but the bottom line is union jobs should be the job of choice over non-union jobs ,but yrcw really has a problem getting people to apply for a union job over a non-union job ?? so WHY is this ??? so "Jamie" tell me WHY this is ???

uTmDUc3.jpg

Yes you can consider the pay & ins.benefits & etc stuff , but the bottom line is union jobs should be the job of choice over non-union jobs ,but yrcw really has a problem getting people to apply for a union job over a non-union job ?? so WHY is this ??? so "Jamie" tell me WHY this is ???
Because you work for me, not YRCW !!!!!!

yrcw really has a problem getting people to apply for a union job over a non-union job ?? so WHY is this ??? so "Jamie" tell me WHY this is ???

Every Co. today is having difficulty attracting qualified workers. UPS in Allentown, PA. is trying to hire 2 full time, put you on the list Feeders asap, and can't find them. One of our p&d Drivers from # 157 Rockaway, NJ. started there last month.
I'm going to be 61 in May, 40 yrs. in the Teamster's and I have been contacted twice on Linkedin by a Wilson Trkg. Recruiter.

$14.00 @ hr, no pension hopes, and working with grumps like you..you:lmao::tr10driving03:

You never will see that 15% at this place! Never! I'm thinking that come early next year they will be back for more.
probably right, the bone us is due in april, so late this year early next year you'll start seeing the "welch proposes changes to contract", welch wants straight time" etc......