Yellow | Jan 1 2009 Proposed National Change of Operations

exyrcrd

TB Regular
Credits
Okay, This is totally heresay, However I heard it from a very knowledgeable source. After we vote to pass the consessions. YRC INC will announce a National Change of Operations. That by March after the entire system is combined they are cutting 50% of all seniority boards. (From what they were before mergers.) Have a friend that sat in on a meeting out east with a corparate guy holding a meeting at a undisclosed satellite terminal. He supposedly said that by March this company will be half its workforce!

If this is true a "Yes vote to concessions" could be eliminating your job anyway! If anyone has heard this be diligent, and honest. Proof would be great! Then, report it now! Before we vote half our Brothers and Sisters out the door! i'd rather go down togather! In Teamster Unity! The speculation is USF Glenn Moore will be the sleeper operation. Re-do all lanes. Meet and turns, etc!

Oh I overheard a Operations Mgr at a newly combined terminal, two days ago telling a customer we have your freight!, However where short on drivers due to the excessive layoffs! We will try to deliver your freight in a few days! WTF? No wonder we are losing customers! I still say vote NO! Call they're bluff. Its inevitible. If i'm right on this post how are your going to feel being the bottom half voting yes to concessions, Firing yourself by March! Might as well do it now!

I ask you is saving this company worth half the hard working, dues paying Teamsters? If this is true I say its not. We need to stick togather,

One more point, Zollars trying to get the Obama adminstration to pass legislation, To make YRC INC exempt from subsidising trucking companies that have went out of buisness. Isn't this a attack on our pension plan? This came out in the KC Buisness Journel. There was a link a couple days ago already on TruckingBoards. Right before we vote on concessions! Makes me believe its one more piece of evidence they want this to go under, at the same time, I believe its just a matter of time due to the economy!

vote no go out with dignity.....

The deal is the vote "Yes Men" are winning in the TruckingBoards Poll... I just believe that a Yes vote means all you care about is milking the company, Or caving in. The Teamsters of my Dad's generation stood togather, The Hoffa Sr guys! They never took the first offer! My Dad told me he would vote no! He stands to lose his pension!

They can liquidate the other companies if they truly want to save YRC (Yellow/Roadway). I know it stinks to suggest that! No matter how we look at it to survive we are losing membership. Bottom line, My personal opinion, for what its worth, which isn't much! Is YRC is using this economy to break the union! I believe we are screwed now no matter what we do! Yes that sucks, However id rather be forced to find a new job now and begin funding a 401K now then waste a year of contributions to a pension fund that is bankrupt already!

Isn't it funny CS hasn't relaesed the 3rd quarter report, when the 4th quarter report is due? Why? I believe its because they don't want us to vote no! No on concessions! it will come out after the Yes Men vote! Then they will be pissed!

The Teamsters of my Dad's generation stood togather,

Most ARE standing together. We're voting Yes, to save the company, save our jobs, save the pension, save the retirees! The guys you are talking about were before deregulation; they couldn't close if they wanted to....

P+D at RDWY 120 Stroudsburg, that is standard procediure to be out of Drivers to pick up freight.
When J. Broneck was VP WE NEVER missed pickups!
NEVER!

YELLOW STILL OWES A HUGE DEBT TO CSPF AND HAVE OVER DEBTS DUE BEFORE THE 2nd QUARTER. THE BEST THING WE CAN DO AS TEAMSTERS IS VOTE "NO" AND MAKE THEM GO BACK TO THE TABLES AND RESEND THE 10% THEY WANT. THEY CAN FILE BANKRUPSY REORGANIZATION THAT WAY THEY GET SOMEONE OF A FRESH START AND POSSIBLY BOUGHT OUT. IF WE VOTE YES THEN ITS HALLS, ETMF, JONES, PIE, PRESTON AND CF ALL OVER AGAIN AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM. STOCK BUYBACKS NEVER HAVE WORKED.

Most ARE standing together. We're voting Yes, to save the company, save our jobs, save the pension, save the retirees! The guys you are talking about were before deregulation; they couldn't close if they wanted to....

I hope im wrong but the Yes Votes in my opinion are the new Teamsters, The Yes Men voted a crappy contract, That was supposed to save Yellow, Roadway, etc. Look where it has brought us? To giving more! I try not to questions one loyality! I don't know you! Nor do I know your heart. We have a difference of opinion! I believe we have to stop listening to our leadership, and our company men. be men in ourselves! Look to Hoffa SR and ask what would he had done. I believe he would say VOTE NO THEY ARE BLUFFING! IF THEY ARENT GO OUT STANDING! HE WAS A FIGHTER! NEVER GAVE THE ---- IN! IT WAS HIS WAY OR THE HIGHWAY! I want to experience the teamsters I was envisioned. I worked for Overnite! Yes I helped that campainge in 94! I was taught we fight, We stand togather, and We will win. No compromise. When you have a grievence, there is no question. If the contract says its this way, thats the way it is! NOT! What ive found is it depends on what your interpatation is. WTF? Honestly all ive done is exchange one set of headaches for another! Brother against brother. This isn't what my Dad taught me the Teamsters was. I'm disgusted!

YELLOW STILL OWES A HUGE DEBT TO CSPF AND HAVE OVER DEBTS DUE BEFORE THE 2nd QUARTER. THE BEST THING WE CAN DO AS TEAMSTERS IS VOTE "NO" AND MAKE THEM GO BACK TO THE TABLES AND RESEND THE 10% THEY WANT. THEY CAN FILE BANKRUPSY REORGANIZATION THAT WAY THEY GET SOMEONE OF A FRESH START AND POSSIBLY BOUGHT OUT. IF WE VOTE YES THEN ITS HALLS, ETMF, JONES, PIE, PRESTON AND CF ALL OVER AGAIN AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM. STOCK BUYBACKS NEVER HAVE WORKED.
By the way at our meeting YRC is Not I repeat NOt a candadate for Chapter 11 Its 7, period! As a note. From Gorden Sweatons mouth! Total liquidation. I still say why prolong the inevitible?

Anyway, back to my original question people, If anyone hears with proof the alledged COO let us know. Mr Gaines is at KCM holding meetings today and this week. I was told it was pertaining to a COO. I couldn't attend. its mostly MGMT going cause us road drivers are working. That havent been layed off.

Lots of drivers and tractors sitting at CVE. Been sitting all week. Lots of freight sitting also. Today we hear they're still trying to move loads from yesterday. Great way to run a trucking company. Doesn't this instill your confidence in management? :nutkick:

Where's Johnny Paycheck when ya need him?:redneck:

Oh by the way guys, This board is the coolest thing! We can post what we believe, be critisized, be embraced. Tell what we have heard, compile evidence, Then come to our own conclusions. No matter what I like this forum! Yes im drunk! lol Its the only thing i do since my life is messed up after my divorce a year ago! She said she hated my Teamsterism, lol:butt kiss: She hated the fact we as a family put everything on the line when i was with the former non-union company! Fought for a Teamster win and Hoffa JR backed out over and over again! I left went to Yellow, was offered a job at CF lol glad that didnt happen! Yellow put me to work first! I never believe Yellow would be on the chopping block! or Roadway! However we still have to stand! i still think the NO!s are the unselfish one's. Sorry that's my opinion. I hope the Yes's win and YRC survives. The facts show where screwed!

I hope im wrong but the Yes Votes in my opinion are the new Teamsters, The Yes Men voted a crappy contract, That was supposed to save Yellow, Roadway, etc. Look where it has brought us? To giving more! I try not to questions one loyality! I don't know you! Nor do I know your heart. We have a difference of opinion! I believe we have to stop listening to our leadership, and our company men. be men in ourselves! Look to Hoffa SR and ask what would he had done. I believe he would say VOTE NO THEY ARE BLUFFING! IF THEY ARENT GO OUT STANDING! HE WAS A FIGHTER! NEVER GAVE THE F$#K IN! IT WAS HIS WAY OR THE HIGHWAY! I want to experience the teamsters I was envisioned. I worked for Overnite! Yes I helped that campainge in 94! I was taught we fight, We stand togather, and We will win. No compromise. When you have a grievence, there is no question. If the contract says its this way, thats the way it is! NOT! What ive found is it depends on what your interpatation is. WTF? Honestly all ive done is exchange one set of headaches for another! Brother against brother. This isn't what my Dad taught me the Teamsters was. I'm disgusted!
Sorry to have to tell you this, but those days are long gone. This ain't your Daddy's Teamsters. Believe me, no disrespect intended, but it's the truth. Totally different day and age and different rules to play by.

OK Back to your post. It would seem a lot of terminals are running real lean on drivers. Maybe management is on a trial run to see just how much freight they can move with a skeleton crew. This way they will have a good idea of how many drivers they can DISPOSE of when the time comes.
We have good work rules at CVE but with the merge lots of things can and will change. If we are combined with big R at Copley we will be working under their work rules. Can you say wheel board. With that in place Cve would easily cut the road board in half.

Cue the the music Johnny Take this job and shove it.......

You seem to give in too easily...How do you know for sure that YRC worldwide does not have a plan B or C of their own if the vote goes against them....I'll bet their trying to call your bluff and this is the BEST time to get all the concessions they want...I to believe that after Jan 1st,2009,this Corp is going to be cut in half...Just remember,their assets have value to be sold off (liquify) to their creditors...Your givebacks coud be the Gravy they are hoping for...Remember this IS the GIVING CHRISTMAS SEASON!!!...

whys it in the proposal

By the way at our meeting YRC is Not I repeat NOt a candadate for Chapter 11 Its 7, period! As a note. From Gorden Sweatons mouth! Total liquidation. I still say why prolong the inevitible?

if they can't file bankrupsy protection then tell me why they have it in the 10% proposal they want to jam down out throats. it states that if THEY FILE BANKRUPSY the contaract reverts back to everything we still have. READ IT!