Yellow | Jan 1 2009 Proposed National Change of Operations

this is the truest post on the boards to date. found out yesterday our p&d territory is being drastically reduced and city board is being cut by at least 46% come march. yes, no it doesnt matter, the future is here.
you were all warned... vote yes and still lose your job, how nice

You are correct on the "we need to stick together thought". But, there is a limit to how far people will go to "stick together". You will never get 40,000+ people to fall on a sword, just to save 1,000 people. It just won't ever happen. Sorry.

this is the truest post on the boards to date. found out yesterday our p&d territory is being drastically reduced and city board is being cut by at least 46% come march. yes, no it doesnt matter, the future is here.

Only response I have to this would be that YRC would not need a COO to cut the board by 50%.....all they have to do is layoff more in the areas that freight is down very bad..they are trying to not pay H&W and pension on workers. My hope would be when freight picks back up our members could be recalled due to freight falling off the docks and everything looking up!..KK

Only response I have to this would be that YRC would not need a COO to cut the board by 50%.....all they have to do is layoff more in the areas that freight is down very bad..they are trying to not pay H&W and pension on workers. My hope would be when freight picks back up our members could be recalled due to freight falling off the docks and everything looking up!..KK
you are way off the mark here
freight is not down by nearly that much, reducing territory is the culprit....letting the stronger local in the city expand out to our area to keep more of their drivers working. small local , small power....expendable!

nothing left to do but pray

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change
to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

It's something I've been saying to myself a lot lately.
Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

All I can say is I posted this blog, In reference too, My steward telling me he overheard a meeting in the chicago area, Where YRC excutives said by the time this merger was complete, the combined company would be half the manpower. Ive been called a jerk, etc. I just reported a hersay report, that seems to becoming a reality. At this point i think its a 50/50 chance YRC survives. If the economy continues to tank, (which i think it will under Obama another bailout coming. Placing the payroll tax burder for my kids and grandchildren at 70% plus per week) It will end. I ended up voting Yes per my Dad, but who knows! Until then make as much as u can! Try to keep it afloat! As for layed off guys go find work elsewhere you wont be called back. Get out of debt, and sell everything! Liquidate... Its all for one and one for all at this point!

All I can say is I posted this blog, In reference too, My steward telling me he overheard a meeting in the chicago area, Where YRC excutives said by the time this merger was complete, the combined company would be half the manpower. Ive been called a jerk, etc. I just reported a hersay report, that seems to becoming a reality. At this point i think its a 50/50 chance YRC survives. If the economy continues to tank, (which i think it will under Obama another bailout coming. Placing the payroll tax burder for my kids and grandchildren at 70% plus per week) It will end. I ended up voting Yes per my Dad, but who knows! Until then make as much as u can! Try to keep it afloat! As for layed off guys go find work elsewhere you wont be called back. Get out of debt, and sell everything! Liquidate... Its all for one and one for all at this point!

This sounds so true at this point. Save yourself, I have to much time in to Bail. It seems to be to each their own.:popcorn::popcorn::flame:

This sounds so true at this point. Save yourself, I have to much time in to Bail. It seems to be to each their own.:popcorn::popcorn::flame:

I don't want to bail I have 11 years in myself. Its jacked up. We have a mess but id much rather have this mess than a non union job.. I just want us to stand togather in unity. if we can ever find what that is again.:bowdown:

I don't want to bail I have 11 years in myself. Its jacked up. We have a mess but id much rather have this mess than a non union job.. I just want us to stand togather in unity. if we can ever find what that is again.:bowdown:

Just seems that these Days, most of us, are just in it for ourselves.

Just seems that these Days, most of us, are just in it for ourselves.

If you really think about it, deep thoughts. .....What else is there one can control, other than "for oneself?" Even thru sacrifice, it's still only about the result that action has on oneself......What I find is the rest is simply rhetoric. Normally, over petty jealousy-- class envy-- wanting punishment for others that has zero effect on one's self-- normally for the sake of elections. No one really knows what the other is doing with his time, nor his money, nor his charity.......This is not a slam against the past , those that organized, sacrificed, lost their houses, families, lives. But it's simply pointing out that 99% of the time, those that use these lines today have no idea what it is they are actually saying except repeating the "In" lines.

If you really think about it, deep thoughts. .....What else is there one can control, other than "for oneself?" Even thru sacrifice, it's still only about the result that action has on oneself......What I find is the rest is simply rhetoric. Normally, over petty jealousy-- class envy-- wanting punishment for others that has zero effect on one's self-- normally for the sake of elections. No one really knows what the other is doing with his time, nor his money, nor his charity.......This is not a slam against the past , those that organized, sacrificed, lost their houses, families, lives. But it's simply pointing out that 99% of the time, those that use these lines today have no idea what it is they are actually saying except repeating the "In" lines.
LOL I actually agree, with Jimmy G! No matter what my experience has been with YRC the last 11 years 90% has been all for themselves in KC. in one capaicty or another. we all are in debt, due to the wives, ex wives, etc. In my opinion the only way we can have the ability to care for others is not be in debt to anyone. 90% of us are a slave to one bank or another so we can't fight. Where enslaved due to our own personal greed! Ive been there. Im paying it off! At least trying too. So here we are. White, Black, Red and whatever all slaves to a banker. No ground to stand on our beliefs. Teamsters enslaved what a pathetic bunch we are! I'm saying this because of my own greed! I built a $260,000.00 home in 2005, Saw the economy, sold the bastard! Now im divorced, Living in a one bedroom apartment. Lost all my material possessions to my ex. Couldn't afford a attorney when divorced, trying to afford one now. Hoping YRC lasts, long enough to get my finances civalized. lol yet on other posts people call me a idiot! Due to seeking to set the obligations straight due to a pay cut. All I have to say walk in my shoes before you pass judgement on me. A man with a ex that has a college degree working for McDonalds wages, just to suck my Teamster wages for herself!

Closing svt

Jimmy G and yrcrdkcm, you are not alone, us Brothers are a reflection of the nation.
I hope my transmission doesn't blow on the way to work (I got my bike in the back of the truck just in case).

Word is that SVT never existed (except as a city operation).
We have been told that there is no freight to follow from SVT. That any brother that went to SVT in July '08 (at the begging from Local and YRC to support and implement that COO) did so at their own peril.

For six months we've worked midnights, moved 1200+ bills a night, and we are told there is no freight to follow. This from YRC and Local 568.

We are told that COO negotiations should iron out the methods of the COO.

I would expect the International to require that:
1) CASUAL LABOR SHALL NOT BE UTILIZED FOR A PERIOD OF 36 MONTHS
2) ALL AVAILABLE POSITIONS SHALL BE AWARDED/OFFERED BY SENIORITY
3) REFUSAL TO ACCEPT A POSITION DOES NOT SURRENDER SENIORITY RIGHTS NOR POSITION OFFERINGS IF THE REFUSED POSITION EXCEEDS A 50 MILE RADIUS OF THE OFFERED'S HOME TERMINAL
4) NO NEW HIRES SHALL BE ACCEPTED FOR A PERIOD OF 36 MONTHS OR ALL CURRENT AND LAYOFF EMPLOYEES HAVE BEEN OFFERED POSITIONS
5) ACCEPTING AND/OR REFUSING A POSITION OUTSIDE AND/OR WITHIN CURRENT CLASSIFICATION SHALL NOT CHANGE EMPLOYMENT/BIDDING SENIORITY

I want unity and service from the entire Brotherhood. These are fair and equitable demands. They should have no negative effect upon YRCW's ability to move freight. Seniority shall always prevail.

I'd hate to see 16 years at SVT get layoff in order to allow JMI to double it's casual labor force.

RFO has 100+ on layoff yet some are working 60+ hours a week...

WHERE IS THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD?

I transfered because of layoff, I am now at the bottom of the bid list. I have "nothing left to loose". But we as a Brotherhood have everything to loose. It's time to round up the Teamster officers and force them to preserve seniority and Brotherhood jobs.

W.i.f.m.

I'm sorry to let everybody down but I must confess that I'm only here for myself (including my family). For this I am truly sorry to all those that are here for much nobler reasons than I.:biglaugh: