ABF | January 2, 2017

On Monday? Inbound starting after 6:00 PM on Sunday night?

Who the heck do they think will be open on Monday to accept deliveries? 99 per cent of our customers are closed ....,......

In our Supplement, they would be paying time-and-a-half plus eight for us to ride the freight around and bring it back because of customer closings.....

In our Supplement, they would be paying time-and-a-half plus eight for us to ride the freight around and bring it back because of customer closings.....
Only time and a half? This is one of the things that varies from locale to locale and I think it should be the same across the board (well...so does ABF but they would like to have it to their advantage). We get double time for working holidays and after 8 it becomes gen u wine triple time cha ching $$$.

On Monday? Inbound starting after 6:00 PM on Sunday night?

Who the heck do they think will be open on Monday to accept deliveries? 99 per cent of our customers are closed ....,......

If it starts Sunday @ 1800 would the first 6 be basically triple time, the 2 from midnight to 0200 straight time, & all after that time & a half? von.

Only time and a half? This is one of the things that varies from locale to locale and I think it should be the same across the board (well...so does ABF but they would like to have it to their advantage). We get double time for working holidays and after 8 it becomes gen u wine triple time cha ching $$$.

Nope,........Our Supplement is time-and-a-half for all hours worked on a holiday plus eight hours holiday pay. We recently lost a grievance about whether Holidays, other than Veteran's Day and Good Friday,......are voluntary...

According to the Grievance panel, ABF can force from the bottom on ALL Holidays. .......All the way up to the top, if they wish....

How's that for a real jam up the rectal orifice? Not only can they force you ,.......you'll lose your seniority in the process.........Thank You So-called Union Leadership at JC #40 for siding with the company.........

Yessir..........Here at ABF , it's no longer "Merry Christmas!"......... It's just "Merely Christmas".......

Can't let the birth of the Founder of the Christian religion interfere with Profits!.......

Or,.......To paraphrase the Bible: "No Profit is without honor, at least in this part of the Country....."

ABF was just a grinding, 365 day a year operation. I'm making less money for now at the new gig, but at least I have time off.

In Indy ANY time worked during a paid holiday you get double time for everything you work + 8 hour holiday pay which equals triple time. You show up to work on holiday pay & you are qaranteed 8 hours @ double, even if you go home early because management wants to go home early themselves. Indy offered CC for the day after Xmas. All but 2 took the CC. the 2 people tried to make 3 deliveries but the customers were closed. Forgot, one customer was open butt driver diidn't have a drop # & dispatch couldn't find it. Next day they found the drop #. Amazon has always required a drop #. We have had Amazon as a customer for @ least 8 years. Bring it back. Total waste of resources. The rest of the 8 hours they shagged trailers. And there is your reason companies fail. No Captain @ the helm. Or if so, the Captain needs to be relieved of command. Von.

On their hands and knees hunting for nickels and dimes on the ground.......Whereas if they'd stand up and take the long view concerning their employees and families' well-being, better morale may translate into a more profitable operation.....

Oh,.....Wait.....I forgot......there is no dollar quantifier for "Morale",.......along with such quaint terms as "family".….or "patriotism" ...or "honor"......or "dignity"......

Those things don't exist in the business world,........Unless there's a way to make a buck off them.......

According to the Grievance panel, ABF can force from the bottom on ALL Holidays. .......All the way up to the top, if they wish....

How's that for a real jam up the rectal orifice? Not only can they force you ,.......you'll lose your seniority in the process.........Thank You So-called Union Leadership at JC #40 for siding with the company.........
I knew how that was going to go before it got heard, back when you first told us about it. See, our 'union', is more worried about the company making money than the company is. :shrug: