FedEx Freight | January Bonus?

I heard more along the lines of 1.875% of your last 6 months salary...guess we'll find out soon.
I'll take all the free money they wanna give me!!

Free? It is part of our compensation package. Reward for "working" to improve the efficiency of the operation. If you notice it is not a constant figure but a progressive one, with the percentage of return going up as efficiency increases. Earning that maximum payout of 4.5% will take some serious effort, so it won't be free. Someone will have worked for (and earned) it... So, if it wasn't you, remember to thank those responsible..

RoUkXAt.jpg

Free? It is part of our compensation package. Reward for "working" to improve the efficiency of the operation. If you notice it is not a constant figure but a progressive one, with the percentage of return going up as efficiency increases. Earning that maximum payout of 4.5% will take some serious effort, so it won't be free. Someone will have worked for (and earned) it... So, if it wasn't you, remember to thank those responsible..

RoUkXAt.jpg
I see it as FREE money because it's an opportunity they GIVE us for something we already do...how many other trucking companies in the LTL sector GIVE their employees the opportunity to receive a bonus for something they already do?? I mean honestly, how many of us leave the yard in the morning with thoughts of the bonus dancing in our heads?? I'm guessing nobody!!

I see it as FREE money because it's an opportunity they GIVE us for something we already do...how many other trucking companies in the LTL sector GIVE their employees the opportunity to receive a bonus for something they already do?? I mean honestly, how many of us leave the yard in the morning with thoughts of the bonus dancing in our heads?? I'm guessing nobody!!

It's only a couple hundred dollars you act like it's thousands of dollars. I do agree it's better than nothing but it still doesn't bridge the gap between the other ltl's rate of pay in my area.

But Red... There are many companies who offer their drivers significantly safety bonuses, some on a quarterly basis. Yes, those drivers think about it on a daily basis.

In fact Red, if you (and others like you) took this bonus thing seriously, we might just get a higher return. You could, in fact, do your part, if you don't already. Rather than just put your foot flat on the floor all day/night, maybe you could consider keeping it in the green zone for highest efficiency. Might cost you a few minutes per day, but at least you would be contributing. That too is something you are supposed to be doing already, bonus or no bonus.

The bonus is there to provide an incentive. Executives have incentives (bonuses), that they take seriously. I don't think they look at it as free money. Why do you? They certainly don't want you to look at it as free.

But Red... There are many companies who offer their drivers significantly safety bonuses, some on a quarterly basis. Yes, those drivers think about it on a daily basis.

In fact Red, if you (and others like you) took this bonus thing seriously, we might just get a higher return. You could, in fact, do your part, if you don't already. Rather than just put your foot flat on the floor all day/night, maybe you could consider keeping it in the green zone for highest efficiency. Might cost you a few minutes per day, but at least you would be contributing. That too is something you are supposed to be doing already, bonus or no bonus.

The bonus is there to provide an incentive. Executives have incentives (bonuses), that they take seriously. I don't think they look at it as free money. Why do you? They certainly don't want you to look at it as free.
There are many companies in the LTL sector that offer bonuses, even some quarterly??

But Swamp, don't we all take the incentive seriously already? No, we don't consciously think about it but we do in fact take it seriously by already doing our best on a daily basis. Is there room for improvement, obviously, but I look at it as free money because I feel I do the best I can do already!!
Executive bonuses are based on my performance in a sense, if I do well, they do well...free money....they're in good hands!!

There are many companies in the LTL sector that offer bonuses, even some quarterly??

But Swamp, don't we all take the incentive seriously already? No, we don't consciously think about it but we do in fact take it seriously by already doing our best on a daily basis. Is there room for improvement, obviously, but I look at it as free money because I feel I do the best I can do already!!
Executive bonuses are based on my performance in a sense, if I do well, they do well...free money....they're in good hands!!

Never said LTL companies... Companies, in general. The purpose of the exercise is to show that incentives work, and are meant to reward for accomplishing the desired results, and keeping the goal top of mind.

Never said LTL companies... Companies, in general. The purpose of the exercise is to show that incentives work, and are meant to reward for accomplishing the desired results, and keeping the goal top of mind.
No, I did, you came back with companies in general...apples and oranges. You're right to an extent, in the years where the incentive was done away with did our production drop off, nope. Our incentive is nothing more than a reward, a gift, free money if you will because we already preform at a high level. Again, could it be better, of course.