Jay Leno's Swan Song 2/6/14

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5115

Tonight will be Jay Leno's final performance as host of The Tonight Show as Jimmy Fallon takes the reins for the next leg of the show. He's on past my bedtime but I will be sure to see his final performance. I always liked Jay. He is certainly acting the professional and taking his unrequested retirement in stride. A real class act. Wishing many happy years of retirement for the man. Love his car collection.

BURBANK, Calif. (AP) - Jay Leno said farewell to "The Tonight Show" once before, but that turned out to be just a rehearsal.
On Thursday, Leno is stepping down for the second and presumably last time, making way for successor Jimmy Fallon in New York. When Leno gave up the venerable show to short-lived host Conan O'Brien in 2009, he did a prime-time NBC comedy series before reclaiming "Tonight" in 2010.

AOL.com Article - After 22 years, Leno bids farewell to 'Tonight'

i will be at work when he has his last show, so i will tape it, as i did last night's show.

i like Jay as well, and i too love his car collection.

Jay will not really "retire", he will do "stand up" around the country, as i remember him saying some months ago.

i will be at work when he has his last show, so i will tape it, as i did last night's show.

i like Jay as well, and i too love his car collection.

Jay will not really "retire", he will do "stand up" around the country, as i remember him saying some months ago.
I saw an interview with him last week and he's been doing stand up all along. Didn't get where but he's been doing Sunday nights somewhere for like 30 years.

And the show did not disappoint, shortest TV hour I've seen in a while. I am sure Jay is doing a lot of reflecting over his career and the good times he had. I enjoyed the stories he and Billy Crystal shared about their early days. Must have been a blast.
Billy Crystal, left, talks to host Jay Leno during the final taping of NBC's ?The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," in Burbank, Calif., Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014. Leno brings his 22-year career as the show host to an end Thursday in a special one-hour farewell broadcast. (Photo by Matt Sayles/Invision/AP)

Johnny Carson was the original and will never be replaced.
All "hosts" are merely standing in.

The only time Comedians "retire" is when they die, yet they live on long time.

Never cared much for Leno and quit watching The Tonight Show when Letterman was hosting.

Speaking of Letterman, when is that drooling old geezer gonna retire, I don't know how anybody can watch him, it's painful, he drifts in and out of awareness and can barely finish a sentence. I don't have any sympathy for him, I always thought he was a mean *****.

Tonight will be Jay Leno's final performance as host of The Tonight Show as Jimmy Fallon takes the reins for the next leg of the show. He's on past my bedtime but I will be sure to see his final performance. I always liked Jay. He is certainly acting the professional and taking his unrequested retirement in stride. A real class act. Wishing many happy years of retirement for the man. Love his car collection.

Well said ABF'er, I agree.

I always did like Letterman too but he is a big meanie. His policy that anyone who goes on Leno first won't get invited to The Late Show is chicken **** and turned me off about him. Did see some footage of him with all the hoopla surrounding Leno's retirement and my thoughts are that Letterman looks like the one who should retire. He is looking a bit weathered.

There really isn't much reason to watch any of them anymore, the so-called celebs of today are boring and shallow. I have no interest in them, their lives, their opinions, or their work.

During Jay's final goodbye at the end of the show he mentioned and thanked all the people who make it all happen. Did anyone catch that he also mentioned it is a Union show?

Way to go Jay! It is always nice to witness people showing solidarity for workers in America.

And way to go for the AFTRA (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) for providing better wages, benefits and working conditions for its membership.

During Jay's final goodbye at the end of the show he mentioned and thanked all the people who make it all happen. Did anyone catch that he also mentioned it is a Union show?

Way to go Jay! It is always nice to witness people showing solidarity for workers in America.

And way to go for the AFTRA (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) for providing better wages, benefits and working conditions for its membership.

Nothing said he had to do this, but he did, how many other pompous overpaid celebs would do this, they're all very generous when it comes to the taxpayers money but pinch every nickel of their own.

Network: Leno took 50% pay cut to reduce 'Tonight Show' layoffs - CNN.com

Geeze Pro, I didn't think you liked anything besides raviolis.

:)

Ravioli's, cars, (especially modern day) Bentley's and antique Duesy's, and other fine/rare collectibles, and soft toilet paper..>!!!

and the occasional all day long marathon of The Godfather, parts one and two..!!

Nothing said he had to do this, but he did, how many other pompous overpaid celebs would do this, they're all very generous when it comes to the taxpayers money but pinch every nickel of their own.

Network: Leno took 50% pay cut to reduce 'Tonight Show' layoffs - CNN.com
The representative also confirmed that Leno extended his contract until September 2014.
I wonder what happened to the rest of the year
BTW some guy named Steve Allen was the first, the original host of the Tonight Show.

BTW some guy named Steve Allen was the first, the original host of the Tonight Show.

NBC must have bought out the remaining months.

i just got to watch a tapping of the show a little while ago. i like what one of the guests sang....

that if Jimmy Fallon tanks...Jay will be back...!!

i do not believe however that Jimmy will tank, the show will now be from NY, not Burbank, and given that other late night shows are generated from NY now, the bevy of guests will simply not allow any "tanking"...

I read that Leno agreed to let Fallon take over now so it would coincide with the Olympics, and that there was a proviso that the show staff in California still got paid through the end of the contract.

Gotta love good labor/management relationships.

Dang it!

I knew when I posted Jack Parr I was wrong!

i think the reason why you said Jack Parr, is because of your youth full age, and that was "the first guy" you remember...

i actually remember Gronk the caveman.>!! and dammit...he WAS good.>!!!

I read that Leno agreed to let Fallon take over now so it would coincide with the Olympics, and that there was a proviso that the show staff in California still got paid through the end of the contract.

Gotta love good labor/management relationships.

so, he gave up, so others can make it through a while longer in case they cannot find work.

good man.