Jeff Gordon Crashed Out Clint Bowyer, And It Led To A Massive Brawl

I watched this replay about a dozen times. I don't see where Gordon did anything wrong besides not give Boyer any room. Boyer made an illegal pass on the apron, and slid up against Gordons car. That's what I saw.

Regardless, they are both cry babies. Bumping is part of racing.

There's no rule against going on the apron at that track.
And Gordon admitted in taking our Clint. So Clint did not slid into Jeff.

UPDATE : Jeff Gordon fined $100,000, docked 25 points for wrecking Clint Bowyer at Phoenix

NASCAR pledged it wouldn't render immediate judgment on Jeff Gordon for his role in wrecking Clint Bowyer and upending the end of Sunday's Phoenix race. But officials didn't wait much longer, handing down a decision on Monday evening: a fine of $100,000 and a 25-point penalty.

It was not a surprising penalty, but it will certainly disappoint those who believed Gordon deserved suspension for his actions. Gordon not only ignored a black flag, he altered the championship battle by taking out one of the final contenders.

However, unlike Kyle Busch, suspended last year for a similar incident, Gordon does not have a long track record of flaunting both authority and his fellow drivers. For that reason, he escaped a more severe punishment...........

Jeff Gordon fined $100,000, docked 25 points for wrecking Clint Bowyer at Phoenix | From the Marbles - Yahoo! Sports

This is what happens when you only go left left left left LOL .

Didn't know Phoenix was like Vegas in that aspect. I haven't followed NASCAR in a while.

They put in, what they call "the yellow line " rule...If the fog line is yellow, you don't go below it or you get "black flagged"...I think the yellow line should be painted down NASCAR's back.....This crap is not racing...This is the WWF on wheels...

Last race coming up in Florida,going to be interesting.
Jeff better watch his temper,well cause he could get himself DQ'ed from Daytona next year.

In the last few years NASCAR official are not putting up with the stuff.
They used to when the good old boys were racing.

Although he can't be all bad,he does give money to support his children's hospital.

Last race coming up in Florida,going to be interesting.
Jeff better watch his temper,well cause he could get himself DQ'ed from Daytona next year.

In the last few years NASCAR official are not putting up with the stuff.
They used to when the good old boys were racing.

Although he can't be all bad,he does give money to support his children's hospital.

I'm sure the rest of the guys contribute too....Danny Thomas, when he started St.Jude's had no one but the public...Not multi-millionaire drivers..

I don't watch the races, but I keep up with what's going on within the sport. I think that the multi-car TEAM issue is out of control. There shouldn't be any TEAMwork going on, on the track. It's hurting the integrity of the races.

I don't watch the races, but I keep up with what's going on within the sport. I think that the multi-car TEAM issue is out of control. There shouldn't be any TEAMwork going on, on the track. It's hurting the integrity of the races.

I think it does the opposite, or it did until NASCAR started mandating what you could put into your car. Back in the day when NASCAR actually had stock cars, it wasn't 2 or 3 car teams. It was manufacturer vs manufacturer. The way NASCAR was meant to be. Now it's all regulated to hell and back to the point all of the cars are the same. There's no fun in that, and that's the main reason why the king retired.

Is NASCAR season over yet? The only race I look forward to is Daytona. Not that I watch it, it's another sign spring is on the way!

First time I went there, in 99', all I packed were shorts, race day ended up being in the 30's, I froze my butt off!

Florida in February is about as unpredictable as northern states are in October. In can be 80 degrees one day and below freezing the next.

I spend time every winter in SW Florida. Even that far south there are some really chilly days. 60s can really suck with a NW wind coming over the Gulf on a cloudy day.

The only good thing about that race was, I got a ticket hauling butt back to the motel to warm up, so I "had" to go back down during bike week, to go to court, it was beautiful then...lol