ODFL | Jersey City Terminal

jebster

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone give clear directions for this terminal? I was fine up until bearing left on 1&9 North. Almost ended up in the Holland tunnel. From what I can tell after the left, just keep straight on 1 & 9 N. Thanks for the help.

jebster said:
Can anyone give clear directions for this terminal? I was fine up until bearing left on 1&9 North. Almost ended up in the Holland tunnel. From what I can tell after the left, just keep straight on 1 & 9 N. Thanks for the help.
that terminal is a pain in the a$$ to get into I've been there 5 time and 5 time someone had to come and get me.i always hated that terminal.

its ez after 15 e take signs for 1&r jc cross over 2 draw bridges then stay left to continue 1&9 north road will bend to the right and to the left (this is were i stay in the left lane) GO THRU THE TWO LIGHTS take road to end make a right then first left drive down washboard under bridge to end make a right negotiate around the potholes and the gate is on left

yo....

get off the njtp @ exit 15w.....

take harrison ave east to where it merges with nj7 east (belleville turnpike)....

cross over the river on the drawbridge.....

it lets you out on a big deformed traffic circle under the pulaski skyway....

go 3/4 the way around it and make a right right in front of the big natural gas tank.....

looks like the terminal is in the back someplace amongst all the fuel oil terminals there....

mikeeeeeeeeeee

sometimes i go that way too but it sounded like he was getting off 15e. if you miss the jughandle for charlotte street coming from 15w you would wind up heading for the holland too.the one thing that everyone has to watch out for if you miss it regardless which way you come in @ the tunelle circle its if you go straight there is a right and left uderpass to the covered roadway you have to stay left for the right is13-1

I've checked all the maps and most are no help. How far after you bear to the left on 1 & 9 do you pass under the railroad bridge? After bearing left, I assume there are no turns till you get to the deadend and make the right onto St. Johns. Someone made a good suggestion that all the freight for that area should go to S. Plainfield and let the local drivers come get it.

Jeez all those directions got this midwest drivers head spinning. I would imagine that if I had to run the East coast that I would have a lot of learning to do.

Is the Jersey City truckstop still there? always had to get trailer washouts there. wouldn't let you load bananas with blood on the floor. (don't know why) wasn't human.
spent a few weekend nights there and you talk of wild nights and eyes in the back of your head and that was if you were stupid enough to get out of your truck.

Getting lost in Jersey City remember side streets "VERY NARROW" for a 102 wide trailer and some turns impossable to make with a conventional and a 48 footer. Never tried it with a set of pups though.
Use to take the last exit before GW going west and take the back way to JCT. I think that was route 1&9 if memory serves
Always entertaining and looked forward to getting to the docks for pick ups and locked gates and security guards. Usally had a all day wait for outbound after cartage company made daily pick ups and trailer breaks.

hey jebster im assuming you are talking about the left after you cross the two drawbridges right? well from there you are making a left and continuing on 1&9 north you will past the jc truck stop then the road will bear right (in front of you youll see the pulaski skyway and wilsons house of carpets that you cant miss because there is a giant holding a rolled up rug (same as the opening from the sopranos) then the road will bear left (be in left lane) you will go under a 13-6 bridge. next you will come to 2 lights STAY STRAIGHT! that will put you on charlotte st. take that to the end make a right. thats st pauls. go one block and make a left. thats james st. you will know you are on the right street because you will pass under a bridge thats about 30' high and the street has more craters than the moon. take that to the end and make a left avoid the two huge potholes and the gate is about 100 yards on the left.oh by the way dropping them in spl is a bad idea because i sure as hell dont want to do that shuttle.

yo 463753...

you know the street names, i'm a little rusty as i haven't driven in that area in almost 20 years....

i would still think coming off of 280 and exit 15w would be a lot simpler than doing trucks 1&9 from 15e up 440 doin' all that ziggin' and zaggin' under alll those confusing bridges to use as landmarks, oh well......

ozarkmutt, the 'jersey truck center' aka 'rubes' is in south kearny not jersey city....

back in the day, you don't think longshormen want to walk around in blood all day loading bananas at shed 180 port newark do you???

produce haulers hated meathaulers because meathaulers had rails and hooks so they could load swinging bananas and bananas are the only regulated produce there is....

nowadays most east coast bananas come in boxed in containers in wilmington deleware...

back in the late 60's and early 70's i worked all the piers on both sides of the river, crazy lifestyle thise guys had going then for sure...

mikeeeeeeeeeeee

mikeeeeee i agree with you that 15 w is easier but jebster wants to know from 15e

to ozark mutt one is called jc truck stop and the other is jc truck center and they are still both s--tholes