Jeter breaks ankle

kevin653

TB Lurker
Credits
In five steps that appeared routine but weren’t, Derek Jeter went from Captain Clutch to Captain Gone and the Yankees’ chances of getting to the World Series likely evaporated into the chilled air of an early autumn evening.

Not only did the Yankees suffer an excruciating 6-4 loss in 12 innings to the Tigers in Game 1 of the ALCS last night in front of 47,122 at Yankee Stadium, Jeter fractured his left ankle going for a Jhonny Peralta ground ball in the 12th inning when the winners scored twice off David Phelps.

When Jeter, who is expected to need three months to recover, didn’t get up off the infield dirt, e
315980433_1899420578001_ari-origin06-arc-186-1350200473240.jpg
veryone watching understood whatever was wrong was bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I'm rooting for the Tigers, I hate to see one of my top five all-time players go down with a serious injury. He's a tough guy, so I knew that when he didn't get up it was serious. Valverde sucks. Bench him for the rest of this series. Maybe he can get his head right. Big win!

Go Tigers!

Interesting bottom of the ninth last night for the Tigers. I wonder who will close out todays game.

Go Tigers!

Go Tigers! That's the only team left I can cheer for. Fork the Yankees, though I do like Ibanez.
They finally wised up and pulled A rod. What a waste of money.

Correction, I didn't realize until watching this game they put him back in the lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coke made me nervous in the 9th but got the job done. Verlander is the man! Still throwing 97 mph at 130 pitches.:bgroovy:

Where the hell is A Rod? Verlander was freakin' awesome......... A team total .182 BA in the ALDS for the Yanks....You don't win games like that....Down 3-0, the Yanks are done....