Jevic Asset Auctions Announced

I just saw some Jevic equipment moving up abd down interstate 85 yesterday. Must be from the Atlanta auction. I saw 3 bobtail tractors heading north. And a Mercer Trans O/O pulling and old 53oo series trailer south. Gives you and weird feeling.

the final auction

Jevic items will go on the block
By EILEEN SMITH • Courier-Post Staff • August 8, 2008

Post a CommentRecommend Print this page E-mail this article
Share this article: Del.icio.us Facebook Digg Reddit Newsvine What’s this?
DELANCO — Big rigs, tractor-trailers and other massive pieces of Jevic Transportation Inc. will go on the block Aug. 19 at the bankrupt trucker's plant on Creek Road here.

It's the final in a series of four sales. The others already have been held at Jevic hubs in Atlanta, Charlotte, N.C., and Markham, Ill.

The auctioneer is Taylor & Martin, a Nebraska firm that specializes in truck liquidations. To the highest bidder will go about 400 tractors, 900 trailers and more than 1,000 pieces of industrial machinery.

As smaller loads and record-high diesel prices drive down demand for trucking, there's a glut of machinery on the market. Although Taylor & Martin is liquidating more trucks as businesses fold, fewer owners are voluntarily consigning their property, said spokeswoman Penny Vogt.

"Owners are reluctant to sell right now because the market is so weak," she said.

Jevic doesn't have a choice. The company abruptly closed three months ago, throwing more than 1,000 employees out of work.

In court papers, the company blamed expensive fuel, an inhospitable business climate and a tight credit market.

The stupidity is a whole other chapter,,,, we can go on forever with that one! when I see the hundreds of mini shipments we deliver a day at Roadway
just in philly, there was alot of money in that. Yet jevic wanted to move the larger freight and alot of the time that freight was nowere to be found!!! something on the truck is certainly worth more then alot of promises????

To the question would i go back,,,,,,,NO WAY,,,,I am working way less hours and making more money,,,,,I am much more happier,,,,,,,It sucks for guys that were there for along time but I am working with a lot of them now and seem to be happy also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is all drop and hook to the same place,,,,and its not forced dispatch,,,they as you how many driving hours you have and give some options,,,,,,,,,,OPTIONS AND ASKING HOW MANY HOURS WOW THAT NEVER HAPPENED AT JEVIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a Saia driver I pay attention when I see a Jevic truck!! The last couple days I have seen day cabs stacked up at local truck stops!! I have also noticed 2 trucks and trailers sitting on the side of 35w north of Fort Worth, TX.. They have been sitting there for about a week with for sale signs in the windows!!

I was told that the Midway terminal was to shut down and move to Markham. DesPlaines will remain open and there will be a terminal in Elgin also.

As I hear it Markham fell through because the greedy Illinois politicians wanted the property taxes doubled on that property, Dayton would not stand for it so Midway will stay open for now.

As I hear it Markham fell through because the greedy Illinois politicians wanted the property taxes doubled on that property, Dayton would not stand for it so Midway will stay open for now.

Dayton wanted too many freebies to go along with the property. The current property owners said no. So no deal for Dayton.

Al

Hey Mayhem let me know when Carl gets bounced out of Midway. so I can reapply there.

P.S. Found D Davidson... He's the Night O/M at Saia in Markham, IL

Hey Mayhem let me know when Carl gets bounced out of Midway. so I can reapply there.

P.S. Found D Davidson... He's the Night O/M at Saia in Markham, IL

The company is sending all the mgr's and sup's to corporate for sensitivity training, who know's Carl might come back a changed person.

That's not his problem. He's just likes to be your friend until he can stick the knife in your back. Think his hero is Judas or maybe S. T both the same. (hey bud)