Jevic Driver/Employee Assistance

THIS THREAD IS TO AID IN JEVIC DRIVERS GETTING NEW JOB. NO OTHER DISCUSSIONS ARE TO GO ON HERE. THIS WILL KEEP INFO EASILY ACCESSABLE TO ALL

Hyperdiaper, this is a paste in of P & D jobs, down the road from the terminal Gabby worked at. He got in there and will probably get alot of local Jevic freight, so its only fitting it goes to Jevic guys. I unstickied it and am going to sticky this.

Folks,
I got a chance to get work with Salson. They are looking for 10 local P&D drivers based out of Rt 130 in Florence. The barn is just north of Dulty's Ln and south of Bung's tavern. The safety mgr will be there tomorrow am.

Good luck to all. As news comes my way of any oppty's, I will share ASAP. This is a sad day. I never imagined a world without Jevic.

Remember to follow Hyperdiapers link to Jevic job sources below

FloridaBoy dropped a line that R&L in Tallahasee needs 1 P&D driver.
Gabby updated Salson still has local and some regional available, they have a barn in Nwk also.
Unionman69 said he talked to a steward, Roadway in Brooklyn needs people.
Skullduggery added a Burlco College link. They are trying to assist w/training and state job assistance.

Thank you for not posting in this thread, The goal is to get as many guys back to work as we can.
Anyone w/more info drop it into Gabby thread"Need 10 more drivers" I will update this thread periodically to keep the clutter down.

Thanks, I'll get these added to jevic.com in the morning. I'll try to find contact info (phone/email), or at least post the link to each website. In the future, it would be great to include any info for the drivers to make contact...

I received more emails this morning so i posted them and the few from here.

I had to restructure the site a little because i am getting allot of postings. The jevic.com homepage redirects to the new employee assistance landing page. The new link for driver specific job ops is here

Jevic Transportation - Driver Placement

Thanks guys... I hope this makes someones life a little easier. BTW - If anyone need a linux admin/web developer :smilie_132:

I received more emails this morning so i posted them and the few from here.

I had to restructure the site a little because i am getting allot of postings. The jevic.com homepage redirects to the new employee assistance landing page. The new link for driver specific job ops is here

Jevic Transportation - Driver Placement

Thanks guys... I hope this makes someones life a little easier. BTW - If anyone need a linux admin/web developer :smilie_132:

any chance on you getting them posted on jobs.truckingboards.com?

Note the newly updated job link from Hyperdiaper. Just below, click there for many leads.

Again remember this area is not for posting its only to aid in helping Jevic guys find jobs.

JJI said he thinks Ward Trucking is looking for drivers, warehouse and possibly office at their locations in Easton,
Baltimore and Richmond.
Mikey said he got the word ABF will fast track you. Put your app online at their site, then call the affected terminal. The link is www.ABF.com
Wizzard100 said Premier Transport. Kanakee Il is putting on Jevic Drivers (Dan Gailey is Term Mgr)
TAH said A. Duie Pyle is picking up Jevic guys also.
BleedingGreen said Cowan is still hiring Jevic guys.
LDADALLAS dropped a line about Conway looking for Driver Sales Reps and Dockworkers in many of the Jevic territory.
FloridaBoy dropped a line that R&L in Tallahasee needs 1 P&D driver.
Gabby updated Salson still has local and some regional available, they have a barn in Nwk also.
Unionman69 said he talked to a steward, Roadway in Brooklyn needs people.
Skullduggery added a Burlco College link. They are trying to assist w/training and state job assistance.

If you have a job lead you'd like to drop. Put it into the "need 10 local Jevic guys thread" below.

Help for Office Workers Too Please

Please advise of any office type jobs as well near J1 if anyone hears of anything. Best of luck to all our GREAT drivers!

Again please no posting in this thread except for staff or Hyperdiaper.

desparado57 said enterprise transportation is looking for tanker driver. He said to contact him for info. He said they will start Jevic guys w/their 2 weeks vacation. I assume he got at their Charlotte location. This is their web site I looked up. Enterprise Transport

Job updates for
Jevic Guys

Here is Hyperdiapers current link for
Jevic jobs

Employment Assistance • Index page

Also NJMTA has links for Jevic drivers

New Jersey Motor Truck Association - Events

Spoke to a woman today from Total Transportation, she works for a man that owns 5 trucking outfits and was looking to do a lot of hiring of drivers due to a growth in their businesses. They have a variety of driver positions from dump trucks to dry goods and refers. They have companies based in Richfield,Ohio, Clinton,New Jersey, Chester Pa. , and Medina and Youngstown, Ohio. For information on positions available call Ruth Mullholland at 1-330-659-9381 extention 134. Good luck drivers! :beerchug:

A Duie Pyle

I start with Pyle Transport mon 6/02.They are still looking for Line Haul out of West Chester,Pa.
Recruiters name is Charity.May have spots in other barns,cant say for sure

401K Cobra and Medication/Prescriptions

I spoke with Trudy Logan, US Dept of Labor (215-861-5331) at the meeting on Tuesday and you can contact her with questions regarding 401K and Cobra.

In New Jersey, you may qualify for free or discounted medications. This web site was listed on Jevic's web page. Thanks to our Web Master...all hail web dude! Great Job!

https://syndication.pparx.org/PreQual.php

• Does anyone know about the 401K - we called today and they said we can't access it?!!!

wish we knew.. we needed money from it for my daughter's surgery that we are now going to have to pay for out of pocket and had to cancel because until Jevic notifies the holders of the 401K.. we can't touch it

wish we knew.. we needed money from it for my daughter's surgery that we are now going to have to pay for out of pocket and had to cancel because until Jevic notifies the holders of the 401K.. we can't touch it

Jevic should have already notified Fidelity Investments of your terminations. Thats all they need, then you can access your funds. Either roll it over or cash it out. They will keep a portion for federal taxes. But they didnt take out a penalty. I'm sure that will probably come at tax time next year. But I'm expecting my total income to be much less this year. They say that you can pay like 35.00 and have your check overnighted to you. Or just let them send it to you by regular mail for no fee. They also say that by regular mail it would take 3 to 7 days to get it. I had my check in 2 days. May be different in different locations. There again it may take longer since there may be a lot of drivers wanting their cash. Good Luck.

We are working with Fidelity at the moment. Our goal is to terminate the plan so all participants are 100% vested. We should have this completed this week. We are handling this carefully with the goal of providing the best benefit for all participants. Thx.

> Jim Aromando
> Jevic Transportation, Inc.
> Vice President, Human Resources
> 700 Creek Road
> Delanco, NJ 08075