Jevic Driver Killed in Ky.

Dirty White Boy

TB Lurker
Credits
I'd like to pass on my prayers and condolences for the family of Mr. Oliver Wilson, a shuttle/ relay driver out of our Cincinatti, Ohio facility (J8). Mr. Wilson was killed in a 3-truck accident Friday May 12, @approximately 11:15 AM, on I-75 Southbound @ MM129, near Georgetown, Ky. The drivers of the other 2 trucks were injured, 1 seriously. Details are sketchy, but News pics show the Jevic truck's cab in contact with one of the flatbed trailers. We understand Mr. Wilson was soon to be 61 yrs old, and looking forward to retirement. I'm sure he will missed by his co-workers @ Cincy.

We need to remember that this is the first day of the rest of our life/and pray we make it to tomorrow.

So long Oliver

Real nice guy. Hate to see the good ones go like that. Always liked seeing him around j8. Stuff like this really makes you stop and think how dangerous this job is.

to the family or Oliver Wilson my prayers and condolence. Got to know Oliver inthe last 2 years liked him well Spicylady

Additional Information

Just recieved some addtional information today on the accident. It appears (according to EYE witness accounts) The driver of the TMC flat bed was traveling in the hammer lane approaching some construction with a lane closure. The TMC flat bed evidently didnt see the ten wheel garbage truck and proceeded to change into the right lane. Subsequently cutting of the garbage truck. Oliver was following the garbage truck. The garbage truck was the one that hit the flatbed in the side. Oliver had nowhere to go and hit the garbage truck. Crushing the cab of his truck killing him instantly. The driver of the garbage truck died Saturday afternoon. I havent heard of the condition of the flat bed driver. I also heard that Jevic was picking up the bill for Olivers funeral. I thought that was thoughtful. As others have said my thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Oliver, and the garbage truck driver. I have been seeing Oliver at Clinton for almost 3 years. He was a real good guy.