Jevic employees not in NJ

SenatorAllen

TB Lurker
Credits
Dear Friend,

I realize this is a difficult time for you and your family, and I am so sorry your former employee has treated you so badly. Unfortunately I am dealing with the New Jersey layoffs and do not have jurisdiction in your state. I suggest that you contact your state representatives to determine what services are available in your area. The website to find the response team in your area is;

State Rapid Response Coordinators, Employment & Training Administration (ETA) - U.S. Department of Labor

or call ;

America’s Workforce Network
Toll Free Help Line
1(877) US2-JOBS

There are rumors going around that I am initiating a lawsuit on behalf of the Jevic employees. That is not accurate. As a State Senator I cannot get involved in a legal action. The truth is, I contacted our Commissioner of Labor to question if the Jevic location in New Jersey complied with New Jersey's laws. Those laws would not affect you if you worked from a site outside of NJ.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that your situation improves quickly.

Sincerely,

Diane Allen
Senator

Thank you for clarifying that, Senator Allen, from the Staff of Truckingboards and all concerned members. :1036316054:

thats a nice note from the senator. shows people still do care about others and maybe it's not so dog eat dog, with the attitude of F.U. as long as it didn't happen to me from the higher ups.

to snoozer

Some of the programs I am refering to are in NJ, like NJFamilyCare, which is a health insurance program for families. Not sure if your state has the same thing. Retraining would be handled in your state. It would be silly for you to have to come to NJ for training.
The link in my message is supposed to connect you to these types of programs in your state. Your state senator should be able to help too.
If you were working out of Delanco NJ, then the NJ state laws apply to you regarding any lawsuits you might join.

Hope that clarifies.

This thread post from BobbyJardine in other Jevic thread.

was just notified by Jim J. ( he worked the Jacobson Industry site in Levittown Pa). That on Tues. 5/27/08 Senator Dianne Allen will be holding a workshop for displaced Jeciv employees at 2 PM, 795 Woodbine Rd Westhampton NJ. It will be at the Humane Services Facility bldg.

SenatorAllen welcome to the boards .
Thank you for helping our drivers and the
familys.

I dont care what her political affiliation is. She seems genuinely concerned for her constituents. I think you should remember her when voting time comes.

I would like to thank the senator for not only taking the time to look into this situation but for taking time to post on this site. Like Cowboy said "Genuinely concerned" and giving some helpful information.

Thank you,Senator Allen.Even if you cant directly help those of us out of your district,I believe we will take satisfaction knowing that Jevic and the parent,Sun Capitol shall be held accountible for their actions.Again,thanks for your speedy response.