jevic is closing monday

jevic1

TB Lurker
Credits
i know i work at j1 , it will be officail on monday my friends,, ours desks are clean not a rumor its true

I wish all employees good luck.
I hope you all find jobs.

This is so sad. Time will heal all wounds if you can try to stay positive.

What a lie they are telling. Jevic.com website says OPSCheck that Jevic operations are currently normal. Who are they trying to kid? If I had freight in the system I would be concerned if it was actually going to get delivered. How long do they plan to stay open and how long will it take to exhaust all of the freight? It's sad when upper management has to lie to the staff and its customers. The sales force will at some point in time go work for another company and will they trust them based on this? I pity the sales people that will have to find work and then go crawling back to their current customers and try to explain what happened

Tradewinds Closed; Jevic Next

Gentlemen,

Hoosier Tradewinds, a small local carrier here in Indianapolis (actually Carmel, IN) closed their doors last week. The drivers had been on strike the previous two weeks because of not being paid. Tradewinds finally admitted they could not continue. They were a small company with a few company drivers and some owner operators.

So, with Jevic out, how many drivers does that add to compete for the jobs that are left?

I feel bad for all having their life torn apart. I had 3 employers shut down in the past 15 years. Good luck to all, may you land on your feet with a better job.

jevic1 is full of ////. I work in the office a j1 and no such orders were given. If he cleaned his desk, then it was just plain stupidity on his part... There is obviously something happening, but we're not closing. Why would Sun Capital go through all these recent closings and staff changes to close the company on Monday? We are obviously being prepared to be sold. :hide:

jevic1 is full of ////. I work in the office a j1 and no such orders were given. If he cleaned his desk, then it was just plain stupidity on his part... There is obviously something happening, but we're not closing. Why would Sun Capital go through all these recent closings and staff changes to close the company on Monday? We are obviously being prepared to be sold. :hide:

hyper you are on crystal meth my friend. i have been at jevic for 15yrs as a local driver, and i hate to tell you it will be announced at 8am on monday trust me on this one you can be in denial alllll you want but you will see on monday does it stink. YES! I hope that the CEO Dave can sleep at night knowing that he single handed drove this company into the ground we will come on monday and help delv the frt. ITS NOT THE CUSTOMERS FAULT THAT THIER FRT IS STUCK ON OUR DOCK THEY JUST GOT COUGHT UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THINGS .I WILL DO TRHE RIGHT THINS AS I ALWAYS HAVE AND SEE THAT IT IS DELIVERED DAMAGE FREE IT HAS BEEN A GOOD RIDE BUT TIME TO MOVE ON TO ALL OF THE FRIENDS I HAVE MADE GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU MAY CALL ME A SCHMUCK BUT I CHOOSE TO DO THE RIGHT THING :1036316054:

I wish all my JEVIC drivers the best of luck.
My family has been there once before too but
we made it. Good luck guys and God Bless.

Smokestack

I worked at J6 for about 3 weeks. (thats all I could take), I cant really say I'm sorry to see them go. I do however feel bad for the employees that are going to be effected. No one deserves to be lied to and have thier jobs ripped out from under them. Doesnt really surprise me with that company though.

This too shall pass

My prayers go out to the hundreds of families
that will be affected.

May God bless all in your house:sadwavey:

tipical company tactics

And who will stay onboard to deliver this freight that is lost in space? I know I wouldn't
from lyion/

and they will tell all the drivers their, every thing is OK, but then they close the doors and the drivers Waite to get the pay checks and find that they wont be getting a check ,tipical company policy ,wait till the last second then in the dark of night shut all operations down and put a syn on the door and there's no one to talk to one will answer the phone nothing ,its jst the way they do business .if you've been out here on the road as i and others for many years yo've seen it befor. the driver is the back bone of trhe company moves the freight and in the end the driver loses out .lyion

I have freight to delv monday and I have seen drivers leave J2 with tues delvs,wonder how all that will get processed with no one in the office to push buttons.

from lyion/

and they will tell all the drivers their, every thing is OK, but then they close the doors and the drivers Waite to get the pay checks and find that they wont be getting a check ,tipical company policy ,wait till the last second then in the dark of night shut all operations down and put a syn on the door and there's no one to talk to one will answer the phone nothing ,its jst the way they do business .if you've been out here on the road as i and others for many years yo've seen it befor. the driver is the back bone of trhe company moves the freight and in the end the driver loses out .lyion

If I was a Jevic driver and was to be working my last day or days. I would want cash to deliver any freight. I remember McClean drivers got ripped off( I think it was McClean). Anyway, I would want cash.