jevic is closing

Jevic Transportation, Franklin Boxboard closing Cincinnati-area facilities - Business Courier of Cincinnati:

Jevic Transportation, Franklin Boxboard closing Cincinnati-area facilities

Nearly 200 employees will lose their jobs when Jevic Transportation and Franklin Boxboard close their local facilities in June.

Jevic, in West Chester, and Franklin Boxboard, in Franklin, recently notified the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services of the shutdowns.

The closure of Jevic's Crescentville Road facility will idle 104, according to its filing with the department. Terminations are scheduled to begin June 2.

Jevic, headquartered in Delanco, N.J., is a freight company operating nationwide. With the Cincinnati-area closure, its nearest facility is located in Cleveland.

Franklin Boxboard's mill, on Sixth Street in Franklin, will also close June 2, according to its filing. Fourteen salaried and 68 non-salaried workers will lose their jobs.

Franklin Boxboard is owned by the Newark Group, a paperboard products company headquartered in Cranford, N.J., with operations worldwide.[/QUOT

That is old news.....

Jevic

My prayers goes out to the ones losing their jobs. I hope you find work in another trucking company quick,its gonna be tuff starting over again but you do what you have to do to survive.

Guys copyright rules prevent us from
posting the whole story. Please post
part of the story and do a link to the
rest protect us from a lawsuit .

Thanks / Smokestack

Jevic? didn't Swift buy that company years ago? its usually a pretty well kept secret by owners when they sell out to an outfit like Swift.

you will all see monday i know i work at j1 and our deska clean

It's true, all Jevic facilities will be closing and assets will be liquidated. Sun Capital Partners has decided that in today's economy, they were fighting an uphill battle, with no promise in sight. It makes more sense to sell all the equipment and real estate and focus on other things.

It seems to me that the company that Jevic serviced was closing, AND that's why Jevic is pulling out of that area, Not Jevic closing as a whole .

Mike -

yeah - upon reading the story, that's what I get, too. Just the one location is shutting down - apparently in conjunction with the boxboard people.

Nothing about other facilities in other states shutting down.

Not to say that they aren't, but 'tis not apparent from the story.

Yes you need to check the date on the article. They closed Cincinnati,OH- Concord, NC- and Atlanta, Ga almost 2 months ago. All this new stuff is just happening. You need to get caught up.