JEVIC Suspends Operations

Don't Care!!!!!!!

I hate to read about this,I hate to hear about this,But it's plain to see that corporate America dosen't give a rip's A$$ about the little guy (you and me) and they'll take their Bonus's and just walk away to another company and mis-manage that as well. Just This Man's Opinion!!!!

I have been with several trucking/air freight companies when they went under, and this was during better days. This may be the beginning of something that could snowball on us all.

Getting the blame cannon out and shooting it may not be the best idea right now as the cannon ball may be visiting many of us soon. I wouldn'tbe a bit surprised if more carriers start getting flushed down the toilet soon. By the end of 2008, oil will be close to $200 a barrel. As the dollar loses its value against other countries money the price will go up.

no, Jevic paid local driver almost 23 per hour and regional driver topped out at .52/mile with 15.75 per stop. Road drivers were paid .48 per mile with same stop pay, they definitely were not paid below standard, that is why this so depressing. Jevic was a good company

Other trucking companies will be jumping in like sharkes to pick up all of the Jevic accounts.
You can go to the companies you think are doing this and tell them to put you on their payroll,and you will help them in getting your old customers.
Just a thought,only trying to help out in this lousy sistuattion.

Sorry to hear about this to all that are/were employed at Jevic. This could have happened to anyone of us, they don't don't care as long as their pockets are lined well. Keep your heads up though, better days are ahead.

Fuel surcharge collusion's are the norm, Whether it be trucking ,air freight ,or the airlines themselves, Even some cruse ship companies are charging the customer fuel surcharges. Who else gets to pay when we have absolutely no national energy policy, Well? you and me boys and girls in the cost of higher stuff. Its simple. And the Democrats think they can fix this . LOL The only thing that will fix the fuel problem is , A Nationalized fuel system. Just plain take the business away from the rapists who have destroyed the economy. I hate to say it but CEO's and Executives getting Millions of dollars in bonuses are part of the problem, Its just plain greed. Just about every Nation in the world has Government owned oil .

My sympathies drivers/dockmen. I went through this in January '02 (Happy New Year).
If you're in the Chicago area and would work from Joliet contact me. We have a few openings for drivers.

wizzard-100 J2 local aka Al

It's over and done with. It's been a great 10 years for me, and I'll miss it. But I will move on and find another job. To ALL the friends I've made and to all the people I know, thanks for the memory's. I wish you all good luck and may you find another job quickly.

Al K.

One has to wonder with the fuel prices as high as they are how any of them can continue... Why doesn't the government bail out the trucking industry like it has the airlines and banking industry??

How about subsidizing the trucking industry like the railroad? How about some help from the government like harley-davidson got? The reason we don't. THIS republican administration is the ruin of the most powerful country on the planet. They are a bunch of clowns that have risen to their point of incompetency. I say that with disgust and frustration.

the republican administration simply has no will to lead and will deserve every loss in the next election.unfortunately i believe more will fall before this is over and there are many dark days to come.

How many drivers, dockworkers and management people are working today? Just curious as to what is going on in the terminals. I called J1 yesterday and it rang 51 times before someone answered

My husband worked out of J6 and was asked yesterday to finish out the week delivering the rest of the freight...NO WAY! They took away his job AND took the insurance at the same time with NO NOTICE? Yeah, ok...screw us over and then ask for our help in tying up their loose ends so they can close the doors quickly??!!