JEVIC- Vacation pay??

Delancodude

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone have information on the status of outstanding vacation pay from JEVIC.

Is it gone or are they planning on paying it?

vacation pay etc

They're supposed to pay it in installments "over the next 6 weeks" per the web site.
Also..FYI..fellow worker tried to cash their last check at a check cashing place near J1 and they won't cash the check...Jevic is on a "list" of do not cash. Same with local grocery store.:holysheep:

I got an e-mail for Kathy in J1, she talked about the "accrued vacation time." As of 4/30/2008, there has only been one week vacation accrued. Since they changed the vacation rules at the beginning of the year, they basically covered there butts. You might get a check if you haven't taken a vacation at all this year. Honestly guys, I wouldn't expect anything out of this ridiculous outfit. :nutkick: :nutkick:

I honestly believe when they dropped the hammer and closed that was the end of any money owed....just my opinion...

Unemployment won't pay out hubby's claim until they receive some letter from Jevic regarding severence pay. They said they expect to have that letter in 3-4 weeks. Until then- no benefits for us. He also had 3 weeks vacation for this year. He took one- should be due at least one more week. Our bank is holding the check until June 3rd.

I was told that since I had already taken all 3 of my vacation weeks I'd have to pay 2 of them back. Well that didnt happen. All I can say is good luck. Cant squeeze blood out of a turnip. As for the unemployment. I dont understand why they are giving such a hard time with the filing. I was told that to make sure and tell them I was getting a severance package and not a continuance of pay. I dont know if that was the difference. I actually started getting my unemployment checks before my severance package ran out. Hope everything works out for everyone.

We haven't heard anything about a severance package. I can't even get insurance because we haven't received the paperwork from United telling us we were cancelled.

I'm sorry. I am part of the Jevic employees that lost their jobs almost 2 months ago. I guess we were actually treated better than those just terminated. We actually got a 60 day notice. And was supposed to continue getting our pay and benefits until June 2nd. Although that didnt happen. I'm pretty sure you wont be getting any severance. And I just got my notice in the mail from United. And my benefits were terminated on May the 9th. United probably will be a while. They have an untold amount of notices to send out.

We haven't heard anything about a severance package. I can't even get insurance because we haven't received the paperwork from United telling us we were cancelled.

Apply for Mass health. they have a program called commonwealth care that you will probably qualify for, especially if you have kids. Thats what I did as soon as I found our insurance was cancelled. i also included the letter from Jevic about no insurance. Hopefully i'll hear back soon and keep everyone posted.

We don't qualify for any Masshealth benefits- I make too much money. I can get insurance thru my employer and retro it back to whenever United was cancelled. But Jevic hasn't even notified United to cancel the insurance yet. So I am stuck waiting.

I spoke to United-they hadn't sent the cancellation letters out yet. I asked to have mine expedited. They said I should have it in 10 or so days. Then I can retro my companies insurance back so there is no gap in the coverage.