Jim B

truckchick1

TB Veteran
Credits
For all of the old drivers who know Jim, he is fighting cancer right now. We don't know how bad it is. I do know that he is having daily radiation and is now starting cemo. Please everyone take a minute away from the strike and say prayer. Oak Harbor - he is old enough to have medicare but what about the younger guys who want to retire early. You want to abandon them? Maybe you need to talk to a few of them on the phone and cry like I did when you hear what they are going through.

I have heard of a few cases where people were practacally forced back to work because benefits,coverage has run out or maxed out.Both cancer and also OJI's.

Strange that there are quite a few cases of Cancer at OAKH that I've heard about.

Strange that there are quite a few cases of Cancer at OAKH that I've heard about.

One of the other guys in Portland who has been fighting cancer was told by his doctor that being around diesel fuel all of your life is not healthy. Whether it is causing the problem or just helping make it worse no one knows.

The last best and final had a provision that allowed the retiree healthcare to be maintained exactly as it was for the retirees (current and future).. you should check it out.

The last best and final had nothing of the sort, and you obviously know it.

How about the fact that the union counter-offered clear back in December to consider company H&W if the level of benefits was brought up to match what we have always enjoyed in our union plans?

There wasn't even any bargaining over the details. Just a resounding "we're not interested in that".

Throwing a couple of hundred of dollars at the retirees for the next twelve months after ratification is not the same as what our members find acceptable.

But all of this is moot. We are not out on strike over any contractual issues. We are out on strike over unfair labor practices. This company has a long history of an unwillingness to bargain in good faith, in spirit if not in the exact definition of the law, and now they are reaping what they have sown.

Hey, Dave and Ed? Don't mind the skeletal-looking guy in the black robe holding the scythe in his long, bony fingers. That's just the death of your company you are looking at...