jimmy's world, version 6....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jimmy g, Dec 20, 2014.

1. JIM BOB

JIM BOB Super Moderator Staff Member

There used to be a website connected with the Vietnam Wall that gave a little info on each soldiers death if he was listed on the Wall.It has been 10 years or more since I've been on it so it could be gone now.Sometimes it is better to remember and honor them as they were.

Magoo, jimmy g and mud like this.
  2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Limestone. Tight turns. I went there 7 years ago with pups and a single axle. Tonite will be first I've gone there with a 53' and a long tandem sleeper.

The place I deliver to in Salt Lake is probably tighter to back into. Like you said tho, the closed in space makes it feel tighter in the cave.

3. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Whats the point of a warehouse in a cave? I can understand some business's like keeping wine's or beers cool.
    Was it just cheap real estate?
    But very interesting I never drove in a place like that.

4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Cheap rent. every time we try to go somewhere else, they add on another 3 months rent free.

It's nine miles around underground. 150 refrigerated warehouses are the main ones. constant 58 degrees.

The guy owned the ground, came up with an idea to make himself rich!

Magoo likes this.
  5. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

The site is still up. http://www.virtualwall.org/iAlpha.htm

jimmy g likes this.
  6. Magoo

How do they keep the air clear from fumes? It can be bad enough outside at times where trucks gather

7. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I drive, I'm not an engineer. probably same as the Holland Tunnel?

Magoo and SuperCourse like this.
  8. Magoo

I'd like for you to do a report for us next time out. Get to the bottom of this pit pun intended.,

9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

There are at least three of these in the KC area. This one is called Geo Space. There's another on this Missouri side, and I've picked up No Spil Gas Cans in an underground warehouse in Lawrence Ks a few times. Only thing that bothers me, really, is that it sits on the New Madrid Fault. If an earthquake hits just right.....

I'm only in the place long enough to drive in, back the trailer into the dock, then come outside, park in a designated spot, and do my 10 hour break. Then go in, hook up, and drive back to Indy. Unlike my other runs, this one the driver doesn't help. I'll have to find another way to get a workout..

It wasn't smoky at all. But I was the only running truck in the place at 345am...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    Magoo likes this.
  10. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

Sounds like a real improvement for your home-time and being able to be less road weary when you do get home.

Magoo likes this.
  11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Being home every other day will be nicer, getting chores done will be better. Having more time to exercise will be better, and having a chance for my eye doctor will be better. But none of that happens if I'm sleeping because I stayed up all night. (I Hate Night Driving)

I'm keeping an open mind. We'll see....

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

On the other hand, now the lovely Mrs Jimmy is cooking again. Deal was, when I was gone all week (and making almost $300 more a week), we went out to eat Fri and Sat. Burger and a beer, while watching college football! Good times! She's also 'reserving judgement'
    :17113::438:

My old fleet of 'work cars' is gonna get a workout. 92 Olds, 87 Camry, and 87 Silverado are used to one going to work, sitting a week, then driving home. Three trips to work a week means I'll be outside tuning up cars.:tr10driving03:

13. kboomarang

I'm sure once you get settled in and adjusted you'll be all good, I know my last route of the week returned Sat am and I could get home by 5:30 am but it was too early because the house was died quiet and if I decided to lay down my loving wife would keep the house quiet and let me sleep longer than I wanted, so I started to pull over about an hour from the warehouse hit the bunk and grab a nice nap, get home a little later, hop in the shower and breakfast would be on the table and I could hit Saturday running, and would usually get a nap in before dinner, the older cars are the way to go though.

jimmy g likes this.
  14. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

87 Silverado, cool truck. Got a pic of yours Jimmy?

[​IMG]

Rastus and jimmy g like this.
  15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Naw, the flash would knock rust off, and that's what's holding it together...

SuperCourse likes this.
  16. SuperCourse

I know what you're saying. I love the old pickups, partial to old Dodges, let go of my 74 about 8 years ago and wish I hadn't. Had a 4 speed tranny, NP 205 transfer case, 4" lift, a real beast. I loved it, don't know what I was thinking.

jimmy g likes this.
  17. kboomarang

jimmy g and SuperCourse like this.
  18. SuperCourse

Very cool, what a talented guy.....78 speeds.....yeah baby!

19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

For sure! once I was towed by a guy who rigged a ten speed to a ten speed, and reached thru his rear window to find the right range.... He measured his winch in inches per hour.

20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

[​IMG]

[​IMG]