jimmy's world, version 6....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jimmy g, Dec 20, 2014.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Most of the musicians that I like, I hate their politics, love their music. A lot of the same with athletes, too. I want them to just shut up and play. But that's probably how they think of me, too....

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

[​IMG]
    To all who died, fighting to protect us - Thank You for defending us!

[​IMG]

Rastus and SuperCourse like this.
  4. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

[​IMG]

Gregg Allman dies at 69; Southern rock trailblazer co-founded band marked by tragedy.

Bummer. Allman Brothers, now that's my kind of music. Seems to be a lost art.

jimmy g likes this.
  5. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

7. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Yesterday, the Indy 500. One of the most horrible crashes you can see - yet, both drivers walked away unharmed. Scott Dixon's car flew 30' in the air, upside down and crashed into a wall at 220 mph. Thank God for technology, and the INCHES his body missed injury by...

8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

A few hours later, in the Charlotte 600, Brad Kelelowsky slides on oil into Chase Elliott's car. Again, both drivers aren't hurt. The most amazing part is watching Martin Truex, Jr and Jimmy Johnson drive through unscathed as the cars slid apart....

Truex led almost the whole race but lost the lead to Johnson when he pitted for gas. Then Johnson ran out of gas with one lap to go. Austin Dillion won, also running out of gas as he crossed the finish line...

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I80 was closed by a crash by the tiny town of West Branch, Iowa. Jumped off the interstate (saw them open it again, soon as I was on the twolane, of course). Way too crowded to stop and take pics, but this is right on the main drag...

https://hoover.archives.gov

Herbert Hoover Presidential Museum- Library. Gorgeous place, tucked away in a town of a couple thousand.

Hoover is the Prez whose background most closely matches Trump's. My prayer is that the Trump Era goes better than Big Regulation RINO Hoover! The difference is- Hoover undid Cooledge's Constitutionalism. Trump was elected to undo Obama's Communism .

10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

What have we come to, where politics divides us so much that social media drives arguments to violence?

We've seen a President stir protests to burn St Louis and Baltimore, and have cops shot in Dallas. Now we have our last administration's Attorney General call for death and blood in the streets.

This week, we saw workplace murders and assassination attempts. The shooters appear to have been normal workingmen driven by social media. This week, on here I was told by a very powerful voice to drop from discussions on the future of my pension because I have a differing view. The scary part was that almost immediately, his toadie/my stalker, another powerful voice that has posted over the past year in favor of violence, crawled out from under his rock, and inferred that a person with differing views has zero integrity. And those two gave each other likes instead of chastisements, considering their power. Taken in the context of this week's events, should I believe I'm not safe?

I have a friend that won't post on this forum because he views it as a conservative echo chamber. But then he runs back to thinkprogress, where conservatives are told to f--k off. Social media has us all divided. I am forever grateful that I don't have an account for the sewer known as Twitter..

Ted Nugent is famous for outrageous quotes. Even he said this week, it's gone too far. We need to return to civilness. One post at a time. It'll be hard, so remind me....(gently, please...)

Chronicles 7-14. King James Bible
    If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I passed by a sign promoting home ownership in Greenville, Il.

' If you lived here, you'd be HOME by now!'

The sign was on City Property- just on the outside of the Greenville Federal Correctional Prison...

:busted::poster oops:

kboomarang likes this.
  12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Helped one of my Sons move from his top floor apartment to a house this weekend.

Never boring...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Magoo likes this.
  15. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

Looks like a good time to me.

jimmy g likes this.
  16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

No animals were hurt in the making of this move...... surprised my daughter didn't try out the zipline!

17. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

You mean you weren't egging her on to try it? We know the rigging wasn't necessary, but it was oh so much fun, I get it.

jimmy g likes this.
  18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I never need to urge Ellie Mae Clampitt to take on challenges. She's already disabled enough....

Zip line saved many trips down 3 flights of stairs. Held some 70 lbs dressers. Didn't try heavier...

19. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Good thing theirs no piano to move

jimmy g likes this.
  20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Memorial to the Pony Express, in front of Cabela HQ, Sidney, Neb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]