Estes | Job as advertised ???

trucknfool

TB Regular
Credits
In Estes job add , they advertise that you will be home every day or every other day. I wouldn't mind a lay down run where you are home every other day. Where are these runs???? All xtra board that I know are out all week.

What category are you looking at? The only ones I can think of who run the road and are home every day or every other day are combo driver and hub drivers. Linehaul extraboard is out 5 off 2 until you get a bid run.

I am combo, I was just commenting, that in the advertisement to prospective drivers, add says that you will be home every day or other day. Nothing is said about the xtra board being out all week. Just saying. I was wondering if they will ever have bag runs????

lots of things depends on how you like to run and what terminal you run out of. Takes a while to get adjusted. Once central figures out if your a supreme driver or a brand x driver. A little :butt kiss: goes a long ways. If being home is important, they'll work with ya but the $$$$ might not be there.

If they brought the green board back, I think they would see a huge gains in drivers. That was the best linehaul board IMO
I worked at a place that ran like that and I didn't like the fact that people start playing favorites and a bunch of people start worrying about what everyone else is doing and complain constantly. I like going out 5 days it doesn't matter where you start going when you head out because all that matters is how much freight they have and how you use your time. I don't care what everyone else does they don't care what I am doing it's simple and peaceful. It's much easier waiting by the phone out on the road than it is at home IMO.

I see why you wouldn't like it. Green board doesn't have to replace extra or linehaul. Terminals could have a number of green runs based on that system. They could be green runs that would be up for bid.