R&L | Job at R L Carriers

whizbanger

TB Lurker
Credits
I was wondering if can I go to work right out of CDL school. I did search for their terminals and the one I want to work out of isn't on the map. Would I have to go to work in Houston before I went to work there? It's a little terminal in Schulenburg which is only 30 mi from my house and Houston is 120 mi away. I would really like to work for this company but I'm not sure I want to move or drive that far. Any info about this company would be great. Thank You for for the help.

They usually only hire experienced drivers, but in the larger cities they may hire grads, I'm not sure. Best bet is to go there and put in an app. On our terminal listing they don't show a terminal in Schulenburg, the closest ones in that area are Houston and San Antonio.

I seen drivers right out of school, they have been S/T, linehaul or combo driver(dock/linehaul). If they can't find drivers in your area you stand a better chance.

Thanks for the info. Would it be a problem since I live 90 mi away? I read somewhere that some large terminals have showers, beds, and other services for drivers. Also I like to work at night. In linehaul can you make you runs during the night? Thanks again.

The majority of our linehaul runs at night. As long as you show up on time and can get enough rest, they shouldn't have a probelm with were you live. The larger terminals usually have a shower (maybe in the shop) but since we are back everyday I don't know about the beds, you'll have to check with them if they have a bunkhouse and if you could use it if you didn't want to drive back home.

There was something in the news a couple years ago about a private firm that was doing CDL testing that, I believe, was partially owned by R&L, or something to that effect. They got in trouble for passing them on their CDLs even though they couldn't do all the test requirements.

Never heard that. Where did you get info like that? They don't have a school as far as I know.

>>Never heard that. Where did you get info like that? They don't have a school as far as I know.<<

People were talking about it on these boards.