SAIA | Job offer

showoff

TB Lurker
Credits
Got linehaul offer yesterday.
Most things sound good, but have questions about drive cam. I currently work for a foodservice company that uses drive cam. My current company is pretty lax about it.
Are the things I read about how tough Saia is about it true or have they eased up on it? Does it depend on the TM. The guy I've been talking to seems like a pretty good guy. It is a small terminal. Offer is a system driver but I was told I may not have to run the system since he has a guy off on leave and he is set to retire in a few months. The TM doesn't expect him to return before retirement.
If I do have to run system for a few months, do any terminals use a bunk house and if so which ones?

There are some bunk houses in the company spread out all over. Just depends on where you are domiciled.

Take what your TM is saying with a grain of salt.

And they are using the cameras as weapons against drivers and nailing really good drivers with great driving records to the cross with petty offenses. Just ask Train...I’m sure he will chime in.

I've been Linehaul for 20 years and the company is not looking to make me a poster child, if you catch my drift. Big Buck raises some valid points. However, everything from the camera's and it's use to discipline drivers to whether the TM is lying to you is so fluid.

My advice, follow a city driver to a stop and have a chat. Saia pays .64 cents per mile, drop n hooks based on $25 something per hour, decent insurance, and a good 401-k plan with Fidelity. I don't think Saia runs as many bunkhouses as they used too. Good luck, but don't wait to long to say yes or no. If the TM is telling the truth, waiting a short time to walk into a regular run doesn't happen very often. Most of these runs will pay 70, 80, some even 90+ grand for a five day work week. Let us know how you make out.

Thanks for the information guys.
Done a road test yesterday and had a long talk with the driver.
At this point my gut feeling is to stay in my current job. Nothing really against Saia, something just tells me to stay put.
Thanks again and I'll check on on this forum from time to time

Thanks for the information guys.
Done a road test yesterday and had a long talk with the driver.
At this point my gut feeling is to stay in my current job. Nothing really against Saia, something just tells me to stay put.
Thanks again and I'll check on on this forum from time to time
Good decision