R&L | Job Opening in Lacrosse wi

Smuggler

TB Lurker
Credits
There is a city job in Lacrosse due to I QUIT on Friday.My TM has been going Crazy the past 4 months. Been pushing start times up 30 to 45 mins and wanting us to call in from every stop.
We are only a 6 driver terminal and we been pushed so hard that 3 dispatchers quit in the past year. He has the whole terminal in total chaos. Its so bad I think every driver has called Wilmington. I have giving this company 7 years of hard work. And never had any complaints from customers and averaged 5 mins per stop. And did 20+ stops in a 300 mile run. He brought me in the office a week ago and told me my performance has been going down(I have gone every where they dispatched me to and when) and i told him i couldnt work any harder.(Crap 5 mins per stop how could I)I wrote on every stop in and out times and had customers sign it. CAlled in every delay.well last friday he called my in and had a write up for me.I had enough and laid my timecard on his desk and walked out with a full city run in the driveway....went to the next town over and got a job with Holland within 4 hours. ....But like I said there is a opening haha.....Im just sorry it came down to that ..I did like my job....WIL wouldnt do any thing for us.

I just don't know what to say........ 5 min a stop:toxic: !!!!!!! Thats nuts you were really drinking the green kool-aid!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you got into rehab and off the green juice:1036316054: !!!!!!!!!

No it is true..well ya there was some stops that took longer but most on my route did only take 5 mins to unload. And if it took more than 10 mins we were to call in the reason why.We was expected to do the impossible...If we took longer than 10 hours to do our route we got yelled at(yes really YELLED at...if we tried to explain why we was told to shut the f**k up and listen)why do you think i quit after 7 years? Our TM has lost all ability to manage. I think another driver is leaving this week also. Heck Jeff Bowers is up for the whole week watching over things. HAHA just today I got a call from one of the drivers who told me the TM yelled at him for taking too long on the phone with WILmington collections over a check that needed to be certified.He told the driver to tell wilmington that it was stupid to require that and he was wasting his drivers time.Now dont miss the part of he told the DRIVER to say it to WIL . He wouldnt dare call them himself.Oh and here is my personal favorite...when you call in with a problem he tells us it is our problem not his ...its your job figure it out ....

No it is true..well ya there was some stops that took longer but most on my route did only take 5 mins to unload. And if it took more than 10 mins we were to call in the reason why.We was expected to do the impossible...If we took longer than 10 hours to do our route we got yelled at(yes really YELLED at...if we tried to explain why we was told to shut the f**k up and listen)why do you think i quit after 7 years? Our TM has lost all ability to manage. I think another driver is leaving this week also. Heck Jeff B is up for the whole week watching over things. HAHA just today I got a call from one of the drivers who told me the TM yelled at him for taking too long on the phone with WILmington collections over a check that needed to be certified.He told the driver to tell wilmington that it was stupid to require that and he was wasting his drivers time.Now dont miss the part of he told the DRIVER to say it to WIL . He wouldnt dare call them himself.Oh and here is my personal favorite...when you call in with a problem he tells us it is our problem not his ...its your job figure it out ....and if you make the wrong choice because the TM wouldn't make a decision then expect a write up in the morning.Oh and if your thinking why wouldn't the dispatch help..its because the dispatch wont make decisions on his own he was to let the TM decide.(example...where would you like me to go next?....well let me transfer you to the TM and he will tell you....TM-Hello..Driver- Ya where would you like me to go next?...TM-You know your route don't be stupid!)..And then you would make a choice on your own and later on it would be why the f**ck did you do that ...I wanted you to go the other direction!!!...I hope I painted a better picture for you guys.:chairshot:

Man sounds to me like the TM is a nut case...Although it also sounds like the regional manager isn't much better if he hasn't addressed the situation. Has anyone from that terminal called Larry II... But then that may be pointless because my TM says he is not involved in the daily operation and has no real clue whats going on... I also think you made a great choice when to walk out, now that nut case had to explain why the driver walked out and why he didn't get 20 bills delivered that day. Good luck to you Smuggler.

That T/M must have gone to the same school as mine did. The school where they learn to manipulate the numbers to make them look good. Never having done the job of driving truck, let alone pick up and delivery. Oh or even knowing anything about trucks, the area to be serviced or how to hire good people. Lets take someone thats good at cooking books from the east coast, put them in the west, close our eyes and ears, let him act like he knows where he is and everything is fine. Just don't forget to punch in and out when you work!

That T/M must have gone to the same school as mine did. The school where they learn to manipulate the numbers to make them look good. Never having done the job of driving truck, let alone pick up and delivery. Oh or even knowing anything about trucks, the area to be serviced or how to hire good people. Lets take someone thats good at cooking books from the east coast, put them in the west, close our eyes and ears, let him act like he knows where he is and everything is fine. Just don't forget to punch in and out when you work!
AHH did you work at our terminal?:hysterical:

OH CRAP.....one of our drivers called larry 2...and then I got contacted and had a conference with all Roberts and Jeff....now I hear The regional manager is having all the drivers call him personally during there routes to interview and when the TM asked them what did he wanted they cant tell him nothing. I now hear that I might get another phone call offering my job back because R+L wronged me.....Larry 2 said "If R+L wronged him then R+L will make it right ,we dont run our company that way"

It sure would be interesting to know if Larry II ever visits the boards here to get a feel for the real world of his company???
Keeo up the fight Smuggler...

OH CRAP.....one of our drivers called larry 2...and then I got contacted and had a conference with all Roberts and Jeff....now I hear The regional manager is having all the drivers call him personally during there routes to interview and when the TM asked them what did he wanted they cant tell him nothing. I now hear that I might get another phone call offering my job back because R+L wronged me.....Larry 2 said "If R+L wronged him then R+L will make it right ,we dont run our company that way"
Sounds like you got their attention anyway, Smuggler... Just do what you feel right with... Best of luck to you...

Smuggler, think about this. Who is above the TM and call the shots? Who came down for a week and did not say anthing about the TM's behavior until junior got involved? If you talk to junior and go back to work, watch yourself in that region :hide: he might just fire you for driving to fast in the yard

smuggler, we haven't seen anything new on this thread for a few days? Did you get anything resolved or did you just continue to move on...

Jeff said he was going to call me monday ...but Im going to be moving on to Holland......but I did get phone calls last week that our TM had a world of hurt come down his way from Wilmington......I just hope he treats the others better now after this blows over.....Im not worried about coming back...heck Holland was glad to grab a guy with 7 years in the field....just wanted justice for the other drivers.....going to ask Jeff not to fight my unemployment for last week since they know I was wronged.

Jeff called me this morning and asked if I wanted to come back to RL and I told him I didnt want to be a target of my TM and no matter what has happened over the past week it wont stop the TM on what he feels in his heart...I told him I just want the drivers that are there to be treated right and that I had another job lead the same day I left.....Jeff also said RL was going to approve my unemployment for the week I was off. I have to say everything my TM said about Jeff B was not true and he really seemed to care and be a man of his word and integrity .I wish you guys all the best and hope none of you guys ever have to go thru what we had endured in Lacrosse.

Oh by the way someone on this board reported this to the Lacrosse TM and I would like to say that what I said was truth...and I have no hard feeling for Mr Brecklin. I forgive him for his actions and will continue to Pray for him due to God's commandment of me to do that being a Born Again Christian ....:smilie_132: http://www.getsavedtoday.com/howtogotoheaven.swf
West Salem Baptist Church-westsalembaptist.org

Hey Smuggler, It's unfortunate the way things went for you...However, I dont think that you are alone in that boat. How can they not know how bad some things are getting at these terminals?

The numbers are good...THE NUMBERS ARE GOOD!!! Thanks to the drivers!!!

Without the good drivers (alot have gone by the wayside for one reason or another) the whole terminal suffers to get things done. They hire at will to fill a position. Doesnt mean they hire good drivers all the time. When they do get ahold of a good driver they force them out the door with their attitude.

I wish you the best of luck Smuggler.

Some days I miss running out to Wisconsin on a weekly basis. It was my home away from home when I drove for H.O. Wolding. Good luck my friend.

Well I think we all know who the better man was in this situation. Good luck to you Smuggler...

I only wish that the entire MANAGEMENT of R+L would read these posts it would let them all know where they stand. Maybe you wouldn't have had to go down the road... They just let down and FAILED every customer you had contact with....HOLLAND is gaining an outstanding MAN when you get rolling for them...

There is something to be said for an HONEST person in todays ME ME ME society... The last time I looked TEAM wasn't defined with "I" in it at all... God bless and great miles to you...

Jeff also said RL was going to approve my unemployment for the week I was off. I have to say everything my TM said about Jeff B was not true and he really seemed to care and be a man of his word and integrity.[/url]
Smuggler, this is hard to believe. :toxic: Wilmington gets invovled and he keeps his nose clean. I seen him push too many employees out the door, just like he did you and puts the blame on the the TM. If you like it I love it. A man of his word and integrity, :hysterical: I don't think so. Just like a former cop, he knows how to work the system, get away with it and don't care about nothing but himself. Good luck to you. :smilie_132: