Job opening

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
My shuttle yard in Tulsa OK is hiring a couple of drivers, any of you displaced freight guys that might wanna try your hand at some real work, get with me and I will give you all the contact info...just for your info, I gross on average $1550.00 a week and I'm home everyday, foodservice isn't like freight, our shuttle guys make less, in food the less work you do the less you make, not the other way around, we need delivery drivers to throw groceries, there are no shuttle, or line haul openings, its a good job with good benefits, union, hard work but it pays the bills plus a whole lot more, I work nights with another guy, us two are the only ones that wanna do it, I have bid it twice since I have been here, with that said any new guys will be on days, 0500 start time mostly, no weekends, also hiring in Miami OK, Perry OK and Norman OK.

Contact me on PM for more info, I would go to the freight boards but this is a job covered by a contract so I don't think that would be a good idea, just hoping you guys might read this, at least those that need a great job!!!

GT

My shuttle yard in Tulsa OK is hiring a couple of drivers, any of you displaced freight guys that might wanna try your hand at some real work, get with me and I will give you all the contact info...just for your info, I gross on average $1550.00 a week and I'm home everyday, foodservice isn't like freight, our shuttle guys make less, in food the less work you do the less you make, not the other way around, we need delivery drivers to throw groceries, there are no shuttle, or line haul openings, its a good job with good benefits, union, hard work but it pays the bills plus a whole lot more, I work nights with another guy, us

How many hours you putting in a week to get that? Also, Is the new guy home every night and weekends too?

I put in 4 days around 43 to 46 hrs, if I work 5 days its usually another 9 or 10 hrs added to that, about 4600 cases to make that money, that comes after you learn the system though, that takes about 3 months for someone that has done this kind of work before.

Honestly I have maxed out my hrs and worked 60 b4, it all depends how busy we are, right now we are short handed, so I will be working 5 days till we get some ppl hired, pay will go to around 1800$ for the week, most of these freight guys are used to those hrs anyway, so it won't be aything new to them,

The guy I'm on key drop with grosses around $2100 a week, he workes 5 days every week on his bid and is very fast, alot faster than me and throws 5500 to 6000 cases a week, I can't ever hope to keep up with him, I have seem him make as much as $2500 for the week, I don't know how he does it that fast, I have tried to learn all I can from him, dude is a machine.

The more cases per hr you do the more $ you can make, in other words if I throw 4000 cases, I will make more if I do it in 42 hrs as opposed to 52 hrs, thats it in a nut shell.

New hires are home weekends and every night, they will train with other drivers, they won't be thrown to the wolves, if they do have to run a route before they are ready, one of us will be there to help them once we get done with our route, we have to call our boss when we get in the yard for that very reason, if a guy is struggeling with his load we can go help, and yes we are paid for it and no it doesn't affect our ABC pay, we are put on delay which doesn't affect our cases per man hour.

Hope that helps.

GT

I put in 4 days around 43 to 46 hrs, if I work 5 days its usually another 9 or 10 hrs added to that, about 4600 cases to make that money, that comes after you learn the system though, that takes about 3 months for someone that has done this kind of work before.

Honestly I have maxed out my hrs and worked 60 b4, it all depends how busy we are, right now we are short handed, so I will be working 5 days till we get some ppl hired, pay will go to around 1800$ for the week, most of these freight guys are used to those hrs anyway, so it won't be anything new to them,

The guy I'm on key drop with grosses around $2100 a week, he works 5 days every week on his bid and is very fast, alot faster than me and throws 5500 to 6000 cases a week, I can't ever hope to keep up with him, I have seem him make as much as $2500 for the week, I don't know how he does it that fast, I have tried to learn all I can from him, dude is a machine.

The more cases per hr you do the more $ you can make, in other words if I throw 4000 cases, I will make more if I do it in 42 hrs as opposed to 52 hrs, thats it in a nut shell.

New hires are home weekends and every night, they will train with other drivers, they won't be thrown to the wolves, if they do have to run a route before they are ready, one of us will be there to help them once we get done with our route, we have to call our boss when we get in the yard for that very reason, if a guy is struggeling with his load we can go help, and yes we are paid for it and no it doesn't affect our ABC pay, we are put on delay which doesn't affect our cases per man hour.

Hope that helps.

GT

It sounds like a good paying job that allows someone to be home everyday, which is almost unheard of for many truckers. The only downside I can see looking at it all from the outside is it sounds like a young mans game. Meaning, as you get older your going to move slower and not be able to do as you once could and/or what happens if you get hurt? Then your really out some money. Again, just some thoughts that are coming to mind as a person from the outside. I would jump on this boat though any day rather then go over-the-road and/or be away from family like most require these days. Good stuff and sounds like a great gig.... :coffee1:

It sounds like a good paying job that allows someone to be home everyday, which is almost unheard of for many truckers. The only downside I can see looking at it all from the outside is it sounds like a young mans game. Meaning, as you get older your going to move slower and not be able to do as you once could and/or what happens if you get hurt? Then your really out some money. Again, just some thoughts that are coming to mind as a person from the outside. I would jump on this boat though any day rather then go over-the-road and/or be away from family like most require these days. Good stuff and sounds like a great gig.... :coffee1:
Its a very good job Stan, I'm 43, I turn 44 in July, I hold my own, I'm not the slowest guy, nor am I the fastest, all you have to do at Sysco is stay steady and you will make very good money, don't screw off and this is a high paying job, I don't want to screw around because I don't want to be on the street any longer than I have to.

We sure do need help in Tulsa, its hard to find ppl that want to do this kind of work, don't matter what it pays, IDK if guys are just lazy and scared of hard work or if they are so sedentary they just don't want to get up early in the morning and get moving, I have always loved this kind of work, but I like labor, it keeps me in shape and I feel better physically, emotionally and just all around satisfied.

GT

We sure do need help in Tulsa, its hard to find ppl that want to do this kind of work, don't matter what it pays, IDK if guys are just lazy and scared of hard work or if they are so sedentary they just don't want to get up early in the morning and get moving, I have always loved this kind of work, but I like labor, it keeps me in shape and I feel better physically, emotionally and just all around satisfied.

GT

I know what you mean. Just driving gets old and boring for me too. Furthermore, 5am sounds like the cats meow to me, thats perfect for a 10 hr day!?!

I know what you mean. Just driving gets old and boring for me too. Furthermore, 5am sounds like the cats meow to me, thats perfect for a 10 hr day!?!

I start at midnight, another guy and myself, I love it, I despise starting at 0500, our yard is a cluster u know what and..well..it just sucks..lol, Thad and I start at midnight and the only ones in the yard are shuttle guys and they aren't in the way at all, I use keys on my stops so I don't have to deal with anyone, not that I'm anti-social or anything but I can move a whole lot faster without having to dodge ppl, its just more relaxed, the down side is 90% of my route is done b-4 it warms up in the winter, the upside, and there are many, in the summer it feels a little better. :)

I start at midnight, another guy and myself, I love it, I despise starting at 0500, our yard is a cluster u know what and..well..it just sucks..lol, Thad and I start at midnight and the only ones in the yard are shuttle guys and they aren't in the way at all, I use keys on my stops so I don't have to deal with anyone, not that I'm anti-social or anything but I can move a whole lot faster without having to dodge ppl, its just more relaxed, the down side is 90% of my route is done b-4 it warms up in the winter, the upside, and there are many, in the summer it feels a little better. :)

I hear ya. I start anywhere from 1am - 3am typically. I completely agree with you here, its the only way...
icon996.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
gezzz GT
For that kind of money you would think there would be a line around the block of people wanting a job.

Have we gotten lazy is this country?

gezzz GT
For that kind of money you would think there would be a line around the block of people wanting a job.

Have we gotten lazy is this country?

Hey Brother Dragon!!!

The $ don't matter to some when real hard work is involved I suppose, I have always loved hard labor, call it having a screw loose or whatever, even in the city at fedex I welcomed 2 wheeler freight where my peers complained non stop.

Good to hear from you Bro!! Be good and be safe!!

GT

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Brother Dragon!!!

The $ don't matter to some when real hard work is involved I suppose, I have always loved hard labor, call it having a screw loose or whatever, even in the city at fedex I welcomed 2 wheeler freight where my peers complained non stop.

GT
I think you need a drug test!

Hey Brother Dragon!!!

GT
I remember going to the paint store with a trailer load of 5 gallon buckets of paint that was hand unload when I was back in the city .... loved it

Hey Brother Dragon!!!

GT

GT,
You do have a screw lose, quite a few to be exact. Any of us that do this type of work do. I LOVE this work! Been REAL busy lately with the holidays and our food show ships. I LOVE IT, CASES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes for a GREAT check also!!!!!!!!

8 years of this and I still love it!!!!!!!!!!