Job opening

I remember going to the paint store with a trailer load of 5 gallon buckets of paint that was hand unload when I was back in the city .... loved it

Thank you Dragon, I thought I was the only one, its good to get some excersise, however, we do get older, and I hope to go on shuttle by the time I reach 50, we shall see, I may be strong enough to keep on keepin on, there are several guys thruought the system that are 50+ and are still throwing groceries and holding their own just fine!!

Just so everyone knows you make good money as long as you hold out but as you do sysco finds ways to cut your pay, been with them 8 yrs and have watched it happen. they close my wharehouse and offered all drivers jobs at other locals but with pay cuts n now union dues been in the grocery wharehouse for 30 yrs total now making close to 10 grand less with pay cut. yes benifits are good and thats about it. they only look at the numbers even though they call you family , I was always under the impression work smarter for more pay not harder till you drop i think slavery was abolished years ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so everyone knows you make good money as long as you hold out but as you do sysco finds ways to cut your pay, been with them 8 yrs and have watched it happen. they close my wharehouse and offered all drivers jobs at other locals but with pay cuts n now union dues been in the grocery wharehouse for 30 yrs total now making close to 10 grand less with pay cut. yes benifits are good and thats about it. they only look at the numbers even though they call you family , I was always under the impression work smarter for more pay not harder till you drop i think slavery was abolished years ago

Where do you work out of, all I know is I get my trailer, it has groceries on it, I deliver them, I get paid, I also do what my boss asks me to do and don't give him any static, he leaves me alone in return.

I have never worked at a company, especially one the size of Sysco where when it came down to the nut cuttin it wasn't profit over people, I know I'm a number, go over and look at the Fedex board if you think we get screwed here, I spent 7 years over there during my break from food service, I'm back here for a reason.

Stuff happens, I went to 3 different terminals with fedex and got starved out at my last one, I don't blame anyone but myself for making bad decisions.

Bottom line is, we certianly have it better than some.

Trucker 386, where was your opco that Sysco shut down?

I will be surprised if we actually hear the location, there is nothing, at any job that will ever be perfect...I used to say at fedex, you could give a road driver a day job, pay him double for working 6 hrs a day and give him the smoothest roads in the country, a new truck of his choice and his area or lane to run and he would still find something to **** about, not all of them but many of them, I always tell my friends at fedex that I still talk to, come on over to Sysco, we need good drivers, they say no thank you, then the conversation turns to why do you complain then...after fedex I promised myself I would never be unhappy at a job again, so far I have never been unhappy since then, its a great thing when I don't mind going to work at all, it makes me happy healthy and fufilled.

Hey GT I know what ya mean. When I drove for saia I was very unhappy. Then I got hired on at Gordon Foodservice (gfs) and I love the company. I don't throw groceries I got thrown into a shuttle gig right away which is fine. I can transfer to days when a opening is there but they make 200 dollars more a week then I do so I might just stay. I also don't deal with my bosses there 7 hrs away from my yard and its soooo nice. I'm glad you love your job. Not many people can say that no more and I'm happy I can say it now to.

Hey GT I know what ya mean. When I drove for saia I was very unhappy. Then I got hired on at Gordon Foodservice (gfs) and I love the company. I don't throw groceries I got thrown into a shuttle gig right away which is fine. I can transfer to days when a opening is there but they make 200 dollars more a week then I do so I might just stay. I also don't deal with my bosses there 7 hrs away from my yard and its soooo nice. I'm glad you love your job. Not many people can say that no more and I'm happy I can say it now to.

Hey Moneyman01,

Its been awhile huh? So what your saying is delivery gets paid around 200 bucks more than you per week? Our shuttle guys are by the hour, the gap can be bigger or smaller, depending. I'm glad your happy, you so deserve it dude!! So where do you run? I mean your warehouse, not trying to out you dude, just curious, you can PM me it will go no farther than us, its hard to get shuttle at Sysco, it was at PFG too, we have 3 shuttle guys at our yard and the top 2 are 29 yrs and 24 or 25 yrs, they both worked delivery for years before that, good to hear from ya Bro, take care and be safe!!

GT

Hey GT

Its cool your not outing me. Are warehouse is in kenosha wi. I work out of eau Claire wi in a penske yard. I go to the warehouse once a week because its a 560 mile round trip. So I drive 2 to 3 hrs to Madison wi which is 350 miles round trip and I meet a guy to pick up my trailers. I work about 7 hrs a night. We don't get paid by the hour its a different pay scale. We have a base pay of 75 bucks and a trip pay which is I think 100 dollars a day and we get 12 dollars a day for being perfect to schedual but I make 1000 a week. Plus we get bonuses which are safety and a fuel mileage bonus plus we get profit sharing at the end of the year. Are route guys make 1200 to 1300 a week they can make more but it depends on there routes. I'm glad u like sysco sounds like a great gig good for you.

In these economic times...Its nice to read this tread. You fellah's are Blessed.

Have a Great Weekend ...also !!

In these economic times...Its nice to read this tread. You fellah's are Blessed.

Have a Great Weekend ...also !!

Your right Woody, I remind myself of just that when things turn to ::shit::, it could be so very much worse, this is the very reason I don't burn bridges, any one of my supervisors would hire me back with an opening, I try to leave myself options, I run alot of downtown Tulsa, its real heartbreaking to see our homeless, it would be rough to have to live like that, your right on the money about the blessings.

Your right Woody, I remind myself of just that when things turn to ::shit::, it could be so very much worse, this is the very reason I don't burn bridges, any one of my supervisors would hire me back with an opening, I try to leave myself options, I run alot of downtown Tulsa, its real heartbreaking to see our homeless, it would be rough to have to live like that, your right on the money about the blessings.

Thats a Great way "To look at it" GT !!....

Hopefully you will be hear to correct my behaviour on TB. I have been in "tons" of trouble since you left me alone..

You handsOme MaN ..You....

Come on Oklahoma drivers!! Someone needs to have a good job..give me a shout, I'm tired!! We need good men to deliver groceries, I am tired of working all these hrs, LOL!!!

Come on Oklahoma drivers!! Someone needs to have a good job..give me a shout, I'm tired!! We need good men to deliver groceries, I am tired of working all these hrs, LOL!!!

Dang, in this economy you guys STILL didn't fill that opening? There for a little while they were telling us that there was 15-18 drivers a DAY applying for our jobs due to the economy. Amazing, I would of thought someone would have jumped on that gig there.:coffee1:

Dang, in this economy you guys STILL didn't fill that opening? There for a little while they were telling us that there was 15-18 drivers a DAY applying for our jobs due to the economy. Amazing, I would of thought someone would have jumped on that gig there.:coffee1:

Stan, you know the drill, no one wants to work, everyone wants to whine about being out of work or working for minimum pay, but when confronted with a really great union job with real great benefits and the best pay of all the foodservice companies around, they don't want it because the work is to hard...sing me a sad song, I'm getting ready to turn 44 this summer, I have my problems, got an ankle that stays swolen, hands that stay numb, but I do what I have to do, plus I love this work, I'm not lazy, never have been afraid of hard labor, I have always embrassed it.

No one wants to really work, everyone wants max pay for minimum effort, sometimes it just doesn't work that way. This is the best job going for someone that don't mind hard work for better than an honest days pay!!

I can't begin to tell you how many $11.00 per hr guys have approached me about working here, I give them the bosses # and they never call, the thing is, its really not that hard on a person once they get used to the work and they learn the system and the product, yea I have my bad days where I cant even heave the groceries out the back, but 98% of the time things come off really fast and really smooth!!

Stan, you know the drill, no one wants to work, everyone wants to whine about being out of work or working for minimum pay, but when confronted with a really great union job with real great benefits and the best pay of all the foodservice companies around, they don't want it because the work is to hard...sing me a sad song, I'm getting ready to turn 44 this summer, I have my problems, got an ankle that stays swolen, hands that stay numb, but I do what I have to do, plus I love this work, I'm not lazy, never have been afraid of hard labor, I have always embrassed it.

No one wants to really work, everyone wants max pay for minimum effort, sometimes it just doesn't work that way. This is the best job going for someone that don't mind hard work for better than an honest days pay!!

I can't begin to tell you how many $11.00 per hr guys have approached me about working here, I give them the bosses # and they never call, the thing is, its really not that hard on a person once they get used to the work and they learn the system and the product, yea I have my bad days where I cant even heave the groceries out the back, but 98% of the time things come off really fast and really smooth!!

I know what you mean and I see that too. I had to get used to it also, but like you said its really not that bad.