Estes | Job??

Pissed Teamster

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm currently working at YRC Freight (dockworker) and have been there about seven years. Estes pays close to the same if not more. Before that I spent just over three years at Yellow & a year working for FedEx. I really want to move on from YRC. I just can't seem to get a chance for even an interview. I applied at the Markham, IL & McCook, IL locations. Is it because I've been a member of the Teamsters? Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm currently working at YRC Freight (dockworker) and have been there about seven years. Estes pays close to the same if not more. Before that I spent just over three years at Yellow & a year working for FedEx. I really want to move on from YRC. I just can't seem to get a chance for even an interview. I applied at the Markham, IL & McCook, IL locations. Is it because I've been a member of the Teamsters? Any advice would be appreciated.
Apply at ABF they’re look for drivers at many of the Illinois terminals.

I think it's on a terminal by terminal basis. I know some terminals who have hired ex-union guys, and have heard of some that don't. Unfortunately, I don't remember which ones lean which way. Good luck!

Them are end of line terminals and sometimes slow the main terminal is joliet they need workers

I came from YRC and ABF so it's definitely not because you're in the union. I would put in an app at our Joliet terminal if that's not too far of a commute for you.
With the shortage of drivers I could see thrm hiring a former union guy, but I was looking for a dock position. Having same experience at OD. It's all bs to me if these companies only knew what we don't have anymore. It's not the 1980s.

Just saying,but you state you worked for yrc,3 years,left,went to fedex for a year,left went back to yrc? Union,to non union,to union.

Just saying,but you state you worked for yrc,3 years,left,went to fedex for a year,left went back to yrc? Union,to non union,to union.
Truly understand all the frustrations we all have from time to time at whatever company we work for. Whether dock hand, driver, clerk, etc. I would think hard and long after 7 yrs straight about starting over from any company. So many variables to consider. Normally we find the grass really is no greener. God speed on your careful consideration my brother. Good luck!

Sorry for the confusion. I started at FedEx in 2006-07, started at Yellow in May 06 (worked 2 jobs) through August/September 09. Got called back to YRC in the summer of 2013.