Joe Paterno has passed away [UPDATES]

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (KTLA) -- Initial reports that former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno had reportedly passed away Saturday night are now being retracted after a family shot down the rumors.

Penn State's student newspaper Onward State reported that he passed away shortly before 9 p.m. EST Saturday evening. Their website crashed shortly after making the announcement hours before that he was taken off a respirator and his health was worsening.

Family spokesman Dan McGinn confirmed to CNN just minutes later that the reports were unfounded.................

Joe Paterno Penn State: Despite Reports, Former Penn State Football Coach Joe Paterno Not Dead - ktla.com

Kind of eerie reporting about it and he really hasn't passed away yet.
Obviously he's on his way to the pearly gates but it's kind of strange to follow the story and twitter feed.

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (KTLA) -- Initial reports that former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno had reportedly passed away Saturday night are now being retracted after a family shot down the rumors.

Penn State's student newspaper Onward State reported that he passed away shortly before 9 p.m. EST Saturday evening. Their website crashed shortly after making the announcement hours before that he was taken off a respirator and his health was worsening.

Family spokesman Dan McGinn confirmed to CNN just minutes later that the reports were unfounded.................

Joe Paterno Penn State: Despite Reports, Former Penn State Football Coach Joe Paterno Not Dead - ktla.com
I hope Joe Pop makes it.

Kind of eerie reporting about it and he really hasn't passed away yet.
Obviously he's on his way to the pearly gates but it's kind of strange to follow the story and twitter feed.

From your tweet link this was just posted Reports of Paterno's death FALSE. Paterno family spokesman says reports, "absolutely not true." Jay Paterno: "Joe is continuing to fight."

I hope so also Mud BTW if you click on your link now the story say's " Reports of Joe Paterno's death refuted by family " .
I hope the reports are false but goggle Joe Paterno dies. Maybe because of what CBSSports.com reported.

R.I.P Joe.

From when it was first reported to when his passing actually happened makes you reflect on your own life. This wakes me up a bit.

I truly believe that this scandal that Joe had NOTHING to do with and the way the Regants of the school got rid of him was just to much for Joe to handle . He gave up on life and the cancer beat him !!

paterno_timeline_byyear_111011.jpg

R-14, I think the only way PSU could handle this is a total house cleaning. Joe could have been allowed to finish the season, that's about it. I like they went outside the University for the new coach.