Joe Scarborough Announces He’s Done With GOP On ‘Late Show’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Don't sell that stuff at those stores in the weeks after released
    Furthermore, a lot of that stuff doesn't hit goodwill

2. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

And you are a shoe expert...?... Look, the point is, you really don't know how, or where they bought their shoes.... Most "poor" people do have jobs....low pay yes... Do you know that they didn't save for months or more to get them?... .... And how does that even compare to the staggering problem of concentrating the nations wealth into the hands of a few people.....not just here, but globally as well.... That has far more reaching devastating consequences than poor people's choice of shoes...... You're talking shoes, as if that's some huge problem..... One the scale of problems faced here, and globally, by fewer and fewer people owning and controlling more and more of the Nations and Worlds wealth and resources...poor peoples shoes aren't even a tiny tiny speck of what the real problems are..... Yet you use shoes that poor people wear as if its something important..... .and not every poor person spends that on shoes anyway...... C'mon Bubba74, I know you're smarter than that..... Seriously....

3. Bubba74

where I work we are 95% free and reduced lunches
    we are in a poor community, when the new Jordans come out, everyone one of our "poor" have them
    new IPhone, they all have them, Dre Beats, etc............
    not months down the road, right after they are released
    I know exactly, because they brag about them, paying full boat is a "badge of honor"

you know that over 80% of the wealthy in this nation is new wealth, these people made their money, they did not inherit it like the Kennedy's
    they went out and worked for it they earned it (even though people don't think they did)

The concentrated wealth lead to the revolution in Venezuela, Ill bet the people down there wish they would have taken a pass, because they ended up with more wealth concentrated among fewer people, the middle class completely destroyed and most of the nation living in poverty, but hey everyone was equal, in their misery

used to emphasize my point about how messed up the priorities of this country are

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  4. Bubba74

what social safety nets have conservatives advocating "eliminating?"
    means testing yes
    drug testing yes
    eliminating no
    BarryCare should serve as proof, once the govt gives something away, the govt is never going to take it away

Some of the American people need to put a little effort in
    the fact that people can have a pretty nice living and do nothing to earn it is disheartening

blame govt they made these laws
    why is our tax code 75,000 pages?
    I don't blame people for trying to get themselves a better deal I do blame govt for supporting the inequity and allowing the barriers to entry to stifle competition

local level, the further the money get away from where it came the worse the govt response
    there is no Federal Fire Dept, they are all local controlled on a local level
    as schools should be there is no one catch all solution

pilot87 likes this.
  5. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Income earners want to keep more of their income and its greed.
    People who want income earners to pay for their free stuff are a protected group.
    Never made sense to me.

6. Bubba74

tax payers sit around and take it
    the slugs of society complain about it
    the squeaky wheel gets the grease

the one thing people (especially the political class) seem to miss, is that Trump was elected because people are sick and tired of being taken advantage of, sick and tired to feel bad that they work 60 hours a week and (in some peoples minds) don't pay enough in taxes, tired that every group out there has an advocate (that is except for the hard working tax payers of this country)

Northern Flash likes this.
  7. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

[​IMG]

8. Northern Flash

It should never make sense to anyone with any common sense. It's become a full time job for some of the moochers to figure out ways to get more of other people's money.

9. Northern Flash

You just summed up how Trump got elected. We finally found someone who will advocate for us and will give us a voice.
    :1036316054:

10. pilot87

Keep in mind, people that brag for the purpose of having a " badge of honor" to impress their peers with, might just not be completely honest about what they are bragging about....... ..Just saying.....

Doesn't matter, the total wealth of this Country, and others around the Globe, is owned and controlled by increasingly smaller numbers.... Where, or how, they acquired it doesn't change the fact that is happening and is not a healthy thing for the rest of the Human race.....

Lot's of wealthy people inherit their money... and yes, many worked and earned it.... I've never said otherwise and again as far as concentrated wealth goes....it doesn't matter if they worked for it or inherited it..... When most of the nations wealth is controlled by a very few people it is not a good thing...
    Speaking of inherited wealth, Trump inherited a lot of wealth.....and so will his children....not that there is anything wrong with inheriting money from your family..... I mention it only because you mentioned the Kennedy Family...

Ok, so you do see, and understand that a Nations wealth, when controlled by a very few, isn't in the best interests of the population.... So why do you think it's a great thing for this Country then?

Ok...gotcha ("gotcha" as in I get your point, not I "gotcha" ok.) on that.... I understand that point... I fully agree that the priorities of this Country are messed up....

Those things are just "back doors" to getting rid of them over time..... You, and most on here, believe that people who use social safety nets are all "freeloaders".... So why would you want to keep those programs if that's what you believe?.... If you don't believe that, then stop saying and implying that everyone using such benefits are " freeloaders " then..... I think we can both agree that there are people that rip the system off.....but that's always going to happen..... That angers me too..

Social Security is always a target of "conservatives"....even though its been proven to be invaluable to the Nations Seniors and to families whose parent has died.... Its lifted millions of seniors out of poverty...... But you think its "unconstitutional"........ And should be left to the whims of Wall Street Bankers.....Medicare/Medicaid are targets of "conservatives"..... Food assistance......Pensions are under fire....are examples.... "Conservatives" know they can't eliminate them up front....and so do the so called "Liberals".....so hence the long way around....if they tried there would be millions in the streets..... but the end goal is the same....

If you think that subsisting on Social programs is making "a pretty nice living" then I would say you have a skewed understanding of what its like.......

What I find disheartening is that our Corporate owned Democrats and Republican Politicians are so against doing whats right and in the best interests of the people....all the people, not just Corporate profits and the ultra wealthy......

Again, who makes up the Government?... Of course its Corporate owned politicians that call themselves "Democrats and " Republicans.... Your question of why is the tax code 75,000 pages is a good one.... My answer to that is, as its always been, is that the current tax code serves the uber wealthy and Corporations very well... If they really wanted it changed, their politicians would have changed it long ago....so the owned politicians pretend for our benefit, that they are trying........

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  11. pilot87

Blame the Government.... Which is controlled by whom???.. Yes, I think you know this by now, Corporate owned Democrats and Republicans....... Look at how much competition is bought up....and how many Companies are owned by a "Parent" Company.... I agree .....competition is being smothered out....which is just another "out growth" of Capitalism gone awry.... And yes so is the "inequity" you mention.....

You said "Government can't do anything right"..... Government Does do some things right....... Local Government is still Government.... Still a LOT of corruption at local levels..... But yes, I generally agree that local Police or Fire....and other things are better served locally.....which is why they are.... Schools too.... But there still needs to be some general oversight and federal guidelines to ensure some level of continuity and cohesiveness on a national level....

12. pilot87

People who have many millions... or billions...and want even more, even though they have more than they could dream of spending...are greedy..... If you think that's not greed then you have no understanding what greed is....

Uuber wealthy people and Corporations who want more money in tax breaks and other loopholes even at the expense of the working middle class and working poor are a very protected group..... What they don't pay in taxes....and the amount of money they take out of the economy by stashing it off shore....and just recycling it through the stock market, is more that you and I have to pay for their "free stuff "....

Obviously..... Try and think about it from a different perspective beyond the talking heads on T.V and radio.....

13. pilot87

I've agreed with that before....still do.... But what's happens is that opportunistic people like Trump take advantage of that....to take further advantage of the people....

14. pilot87

They sure do....not much choice if you believe the current color coded political system is the answer......

15. pilot87

:hilarious::highly amused::hysterical::hilarious::hysterical::highly amused:

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while....

You don't actually believe that do you?......:hysterical::hilarious:

16. Bubba74

what is the solution?
    take it away, redistribute it to the masses
    read a study a long time ago, if you gave everyone a million dollars, poor people would be poor and rich people would accumulate the other peoples money. People are wired differently. Some cant handle it, others thrive for it

Trump was given a million by his father and his father co-signed for a $14000000 loan and he worked with that money
    the Kennedys have not worked in generations
    The left always likes to quote the planks of Marxism when it comes to inheritences, yet they never want to give theirs up

what is the solution?
    limit incomes?
    take away over X amount of dollars?
    any solution the govt purposes will be gotten around
    tax at 92% any income over $1,000,000 youll get stock options or deferred compensation
    take it all and you will stifle innovation and business which will in turn hurt everyone

Barry said "at some point you made enough money"
    who said he gets to decide (especially when he signs a $40,000,000 book deal)

gotcha :1036316054:

because once the govt opens the treasury to the people, they cant close it
    I know that SNAP, welfare, Section 8 housing, etc........ are not going away as long as we have a nation
    the only thing we can do is make sure they are being used by the truly needy
    how much fraud, waste and abuse are in these programs, tens of billions of dollars
    If I have to be drug tested to work, why shouldnt the people being supported by my work?
    Why should these programs not reward work
    If you are given $800 a week in benefits and get a job paying $300 a week, I have no problem with giving $500 in benefits
    instead they cut benefits off thus taking work off the table because some of these people don't have the skill level to make what they Are making in benefits, thus I blame the govt for allowing and encouraging this

make social security voluntary
    see how many people sign up for it

it is
    but if the states want to do something that is fine 10th Amendment

I see what it is like
    I know the loopholes
    Would I want to live that way, nope absolutely not
    but you are now getting into 3rd and 4th generation that is how they live, they don't know work they play the system

What would be right?
    give them more benefits?
    force companies into areas where there is no work and force them to provide jobs
    There are reasons that business leave certain areas one of the biggest is the area is no longer profitable, cant make money cant keep the doors open

that is why under the current conditions, we will never have the Fair Tax

A Heavy Progressive or Graduated Income Tax.

its #2
    the power to tax is power
    our "beloved" politcians love power, why would they change it
    like these people that go on and on about term limits, yes they are needed but there is no way congress is going to limit themselves

two large and very profitable corporations
    the RNC and the DNC
    these corporations offer nothing but access

my point is the further the dollar gets away from the source, the less effective it becomes
    local govt is the best govt
    I don't like what my local sheriff is doing, I can be at the office in 5 minutes
    I don't like what the FBI is doing, I cant even get into the building

reading, writing, arithmetic
    not social justice educate the child don't indoctrinate the child
    problem solving almost eliminated
    critical thinking, almost eliminated
    Common Core is an absolute joke
    let the community and the states educate the children
    we don't need 51 departments of Education

jimmy g and Northern Flash like this.
  17. pilot87

That's a huge question..... Personally, I feel it's gotten so far out of control there may not be a solution.....just a ride to the bottom.... Sounds cynical, but when you look at what's going on and how corruption has permeated every level of Government.... Corporate greed and so on....it's hard to fathom that human beings have the wisdom and the ability to solve the problems they created.... What we basically do is talk about how it should be...but the scope of what faces this Nation and the World, is deep and multifaceted, so the likelihood of reaching consensus and implementing some vastly complex solution of Human design is probably not possible at this point...

I'm sure there is enough wealth you could give every one a million dollars....( not saying we should) I understand your point that some would inevitably squander it away....there are many examples if that in large lotto jackpot winners....... .

18. pilot87

Absolutely true....which contributes to the complexity of our Nations problems and a solution, if that is even possible.....

It will at this point.... Corruption abounds...greed is rampant....

I hope you're right on that..... I also share your view that it should be only be for the ones that need it..... Overall, I think it works ....but yes, there is abuse and there is nothing wring with penalizing the abusers... Just as the top end that abuses their power or wealth.....when proven....

If Drug testing is so important, and for some occupations it is, then everyone should be tested... Not just poor people.....Politicians...CEO's....etc...... But that involves cost.... Are we willing to accept that?

19. pilot87

As I said in another post, I think most people would, based simply on its success and popularity with most people....

Just because it's not mentioned in the Constitution, does not mean its a "bad" thing.....it's proven to have been a good thing....... States having their own version really wouldn't work.....but if states wanted to enhance it, or have something similar to add...that's fine....

I'm not doubting that what you say isn't true in your experience..... There are loopholes on the low end just as there are loopholes at the top end... We have both classes of people that "play the system"....

20. pilot87

True....

Very true...