ADuiePyle | Joining Duie Pyle??

Good luck, hope you find yourself a good home there.

We may pass each other someday. Good luck. Boy did I brain fart!!! Should have given you my name and driver code for the bounty!!

Times have changed. When I hired on, as long as I passed the DOT physical, things were good. But to be fair, I hired on with Pyle Transport. Moved to linehaul in spring 2012. Then it was just a payroll change.

Best guess is that you will be. I can't see making someone go thru the process for no reason. Might be a short wait till there are enough new hires to form an orientation class. Just a thought

Show up with a suitcase in one hand and a lunchbox in the other and see what they tell you.

:wee: However, I pity anyone coming into this industry for the long haul. Better days are long gone and the trend is not so good. When I was 18 I had all kinds of elders telling me how they would gladly trade me anything they had for my youth, I wouldn't trade my place to be 18 again for anything.

Imagine our age group bailing on this industry right now it certainly would create a vacuum if not a death spiral. The quality and integrity along with wages would certainly go under at least they're still a few of us around
We are now yesterday's elders

:wee: However, I pity anyone coming into this industry for the long haul. Better days are long gone and the trend is not so good. When I was 18 I had all kinds of elders telling me how they would gladly trade me anything they had for my youth, I wouldn't trade my place to be 18 again for anything.

I been in it now for about 1.5 years after spending 20+ in sales of some sort. I certainly don't miss quotas and spread sheets. I researched this industry for almost 2 years before I made the switch. For me, it's not that bad and I'm glad I made the change. If anything I wish I did it sooner. It has its good and its bad but for now I still enjoy it. I prefer night driving and not dealing with people. Just hope I don't spend much time doing dock work and just stay behind the wheel

Imagine our age group bailing on this industry right now it certainly would create a vacuum if not a death spiral. The quality and integrity along with wages would certainly go under at least they're still a few of us around
We are now yesterday's elders
Yep! :1036316054: