ADuiePyle | Joining Duie Pyle??

I prefer night driving and not dealing with people.
That part of it has changed the least and you are right on target with dealing with the people. Their attitudes are much different than they were way back when. Back when the industry was regulated and if they pissed the driver or the company off they were screwed. Now they treat us all like dog ::shit:: and just move on to the next pile of dog ::shit:: when it doesn't go their way. Good luck to you and happy trails. Doggy Pyle is about as good a company as they get nowadays.

I been in it now for about 1.5 years after spending 20+ in sales of some sort. I certainly don't miss quotas and spread sheets. I researched this industry for almost 2 years before I made the switch. For me, it's not that bad and I'm glad I made the change. If anything I wish I did it sooner. It has its good and its bad but for now I still enjoy it. I prefer night driving and not dealing with people. Just hope I don't spend much time doing dock work and just stay behind the wheel
You will be fine... maybe some yard moves now and then at the smaller terminals

Congrats!! I honestly think dock work will be at a minimum. Some terms do not want drivers working the dock. We have a tendency to get in the way. Each place has its rhythm. And we do not know it. Best advice, quietly observe. Do not be afraid to ask. 99 percent of the guys will help you out. Feel free to PM me

Hello fellows truckers I was wondering should I jump ship to duie (Bronx ny) from old dominion (brooklyn NY)

A duie offer pension over time after 45
Od offer no pension and overtime after 60 which never happens... how stable is duie?

Thanks

Hello fellows truckers I was wondering should I jump ship to duie (Bronx ny) from old dominion (brooklyn NY)

A duie offer pension over time after 45
Od offer no pension and overtime after 60 which never happens... how stable is duie?

Thanks
No pension anymore at Pyle just a matching 401k. OD is one of the best ltl carriers around. Unless you really hate it there I really don't see any benefit to going to Pyle.

Best guess is on the workload side companies are similar. Bronx will be servicing Long Island. (for now). The traditional pension- defined benefit- was closed around 2005. Replace with a defined contribution. Now profit sharing. Still a type of pension. Just not what most readily think of. Plus the 401k match.

All I will say is it's union and the majority of people are miserable. When the steward tells you to get some experience here and get out...... it's a tell tale sign of how bad it may be
'Nough said, good luck and congratulations, I'd say that you are doing the right thing.