XPO | Joliet, IL

I would stay away from any Chicagoland terminal. You will be a professional dock hostage for many years, to many re-ships in one area. You will drive one hour to a re-ship, eight plus hours of dock, all day everyday till you have some senority to go to days and be on the flex board forever. There is a reason they can't hold on to drivers in Chicago. On the other hand, if you don't mind driving a forklift, you will be well paid.

Thanks for the info. They did tell me it would be a lot of dock work. I didn't end up going on the second interview since I took a position with another company I had interviewed with before XPO.

Truly blessed. You had the Lord looking out for you.

I would stay away from any Chicagoland terminal. You will be a professional dock hostage for many years, to many re-ships in one area. You will drive one hour to a re-ship, eight plus hours of dock, all day everyday till you have some senority to go to days and be on the flex board forever. There is a reason they can't hold on to drivers in Chicago. On the other hand, if you don't mind driving a forklift, you will be well paid.

Obviously you must work out of that terminal seeing you know so much about it......

I am out of Joliet and I will wish you the best with the other company you went to....BUT I can tell you we are busy and will keep getting busier in the near future as warehouses keep going up in our service area left and right...We WILL be expanding ans so will our operations..We need drivers bad in our terminal........Yes you will unfortionatly run LaSalle and Aurora for a bit if you gut put on linehaul..And If you get put on the city you will work some dock BUT will be out on the street quite a bit .....BUT It is no different now than it was 25 years ago when I first started....When your new and at the bottom of course your gonna get the bottom runs...Joliet IMO is not like the other terminals in the Chicagoland area,.We are growing and will continue to grow for awhile.....We have city guys turning down overtime and city turns all the time...There is no lack of hours in XJO right now....BUT what do I know......

Obviously you must work out of that terminal seeing you know so much about it......

I am out of Joliet and I will wish you the best with the other company you went to....BUT I can tell you we are busy and will keep getting busier in the near future as warehouses keep going up in our service area left and right...We WILL be expanding ans so will our operations..We need drivers bad in our terminal........Yes you will unfortionatly run LaSalle and Aurora for a bit if you gut put on linehaul..And If you get put on the city you will work some dock BUT will be out on the street quite a bit .....BUT It is no different now than it was 25 years ago when I first started....When your new and at the bottom of course your gonna get the bottom runs...Joliet IMO is not like the other terminals in the Chicagoland area,.We are growing and will continue to grow for awhile.....We have city guys turning down overtime and city turns all the time...There is no lack of hours in XJO right now....BUT what do I know......

I don't know if you have noticed, but these new breeds do not want to work any dock. Just saying bro.