Holland | Joliet

Two or three weeks now,he does not say much.Will reserve judgement.Kind of hard to figure out what he is all about.
Thanks for the answer. Congrats! Try to keep an open mind with him. That is good news that they are making some changes. That seems like a step in the right direction. Good luck. Give him a chance.:thumbsup:

And now Kevin wants to work for you as a casual. How interesting! I think you will find that there are many, many people at JO that have been catered to for far too long. The top guys ALWAYS get what they want after a little crying. (or alot) Moral could be better for sure. We need leadership with a positive attitude, from the top down (not sugarcoating or pipe dreams). You can tell when someone is going through the motions, as has been the case here for years. Oh, and there is no accountability for anything, on any level. (although I will reserve judgement on our new TM, as some things have changed) Anyway, good luck.

Now you can add him to the rest of the in house rats.

Now you can add him to the rest of the in house rats.
You can add me to whatever list you like. If you can't see what is happening here at JO, then you are blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other. Maybe in your mind it's wrong to expect people to actually earn their paycheck, and want the company to do well, so we can all prosper. Maybe, like many at JO, you feel that they owe you a paycheck just for showing up? That's the kind of mentality that got us where we are today. I call it the way I see it. You have to look in the mirror sometimes, and also look at the big picture. I'm not advocating getting anybody in trouble for anything, merely saying everybody needs to pull their own weight around here, and that is certainly not happening. If that makes me an "in house rat" in your mind then so be it, I don't give a rats a**!

WOW you hit that nail on the head SIR OCELOT for someone who is a known supervisor Jr. in JO with his wooded friend.It's amazing the things that just slip out in these posts sometimes..........did he really think about that or was his hand in the supervisor cookie jar while he was typing???

T2, I took it as he was referring Kevin, maybe I was wrong. One of us was incorrect, I hope it was you?
I don't think so. There are a bunch of malicious crybabys here at JO that think they are owed something just for being there. The sad part is that mgmt. caters to these people, and they take offense to anything that might ruin their sweet deal (ie - getting paid for doing nothing). Anybody that actually does their job is then labeled as a kissa**, rat, etc. I've never seen anything like it in my life. It's a very sad situation. It's not to say there aren't any good people here because there are. It's just the loudmouth idiots cause so much trouble and dissension it's sickening.

Dissenting crybabies

You can add me to whatever list you like. If you can't see what is happening here at JO, then you are blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other. Maybe in your mind it's wrong to expect people to actually earn their paycheck, and want the company to do well, so we can all prosper. Maybe, like many at JO, you feel that they owe you a paycheck just for showing up? That's the kind of mentality that got us where we are today. I call it the way I see it. You have to look in the mirror sometimes, and also look at the big picture. I'm not advocating getting anybody in trouble for anything, merely saying everybody needs to pull their own weight around here, and that is certainly not happening. If that makes me an "in house rat" in your mind then so be it, I don't give a rats a**!

I never implied you were a in house rat ( Mr Hill is right in stating that I didn't, thank you sir :bowdown: )

You talk about cry babies and dissenters man, you ever look in the mirror, it don't lie Jr. You're crying now man! Just do your job, and don't worry about what everybody else is doing, you will be more productive, believe me :27:

I never implied you were a in house rat ( Mr Hill is right in stating that I didn't, thank you sir :bowdown: )

You talk about cry babies and dissenters man, you ever look in the mirror, it don't lie Jr. You're crying now man! Just do your job, and don't worry about what everybody else is doing, you will be more productive, believe me :27:
I don't care what anybody does, until it drags down the rest of us that want this company to be prosperous and be around a while. I'm not saying guys should run around like idiots, just do their job. We will not find another job like the one we have now, if this place should go under. I think it's in everybody's best interest to do what they can to make this place profitable. Yes, I do take it personally when I see people jeopardizing my livelihood by intentionally screwing the company. Most of us have been through enough to realize you don't know how good you had it until it's gone. I don't want to go through that again, especially because of a handfull of self-centered jerks.

Jo employees are working the same way now as they were 9 years ago when it opened,people don't start caring until it's their pocket that is feeling the pinch......10% kick,cut OT,business is extremely slow, and now casuals for the first time........you know where this is going........you didn't give a damn when you were getting your 60 hours now your not and your gonna cry about how the place has been running for years...we all know that the terminal made money with one of the best or's for years until yellow bought us that's who you should be complaining about not brother's that's exactly what YRC wants is us to blame each other not them.....

Guys, I did not mean to start a thread like this, I was just wondering from the get go how JO was. We all know Holland is not the same company after the YRC buy, but we all need to be thankful we have a job. In the end we need to take care of the customer, regardless what facility we work at. We need to start to get the Holland pride back, one of the reasons I choose Holland was because the service was great and people wanted to come to Holland, lets get that back!! Yes, all facilities have problems but in the end look in the mirror and ask yourself, did I take care of the customer TODAY. Good luck.

In the end, management should also look in the mirror and ask themselves, did I take care of the hard working employees, that do the real work TODAY. Give yourself a little more time at Holland before you suggest to us how we should think about what we do. Most of us were doing what we do at Holland long before you even thought about coming to Holland. We still have the same pride in Holland and ourselves that we always had but its hard to be positive when you give and give and YRC takes and takes. At some point something has to change, we have given back all we're going to give, I hope. My family is doing with less and I don't like it. So please don't tell us what we already know, we're still just as good as we always were. The only thing thats changed is YRC wants us to do it their way and not the right way. The time is coming when everyone is going to say enough is enough. That time is coming sooner than Billy Z. and Jimmy H. thinks. Thats my opinion anyway.

I hear ya, I was not suggesting people at Holland are not hard workers or do not care, I enjoy Holland and want to be successful and see holland survive this, thats all. Good luck. I have met alot of great people and look forward to meeting more.

What about the driver who was terminated in December for sticking up for his seniority and still hasnt even had a grievance. Like him or not, this could happen to any one of you. The company labor man (Neal) blames the union and the union blames the company. A dockman at the BV terminal got into a screaming match (with profound language to say the least) with the Yellow Safety man. He was asked to see a movie on safety and said flat out f no. He was terminated. Local 710 got him his job back in 3 days. This could set a president at JO and you guys dont realize it. Hope none of you ever have a medical condition. Make sure not to swear just take their crap and be happy or you will be out on the street. Thanks Teamsters! EEOC all the way

Slugs everywhere

Jo employees are working the same way now as they were 9 years ago when it opened,people don't start caring until it's their pocket that is feeling the pinch......10% kick,cut OT,business is extremely slow, and now casuals for the first time........you know where this is going........you didn't give a damn when you were getting your 60 hours now your not and your gonna cry about how the place has been running for years...we all know that the terminal made money with one of the best or's for years until yellow bought us that's who you should be complaining about not brother's that's exactly what YRC wants is us to blame each other not them.....

Dancingbear, litescott, Mr. Hill and T02 to name a few, we have to understand that there will always be slugs working at Holland and throughout the system, they were slugs before, they are slugs now, and they will be slugs no matter where they go, but you have to think that the vast majority of employees supervisory or other wise want the system to work and prosper regardless of the slugs, we are stuck with them, there is nothing we can do to get rid of them, they are like cockroaches they will always be around.:shrug:

So we come to work, punch in do our job, punch out and go home hopefully to a loving family or even a dog, we have enough stress with this crappy economy, STRESS KILLS, and I'll be damned if I am going to let a slug be responsible for my demise.:soapbox:

Stay Positive :thumbsup:

Dancingbear, litescott, Mr. Hill and T02 to name a few, we have to understand that there will always be slugs working at Holland and throughout the system, they were slugs before, they are slugs now, and they will be slugs no matter where they go, but you have to think that the vast majority of employees supervisory or other wise want the system to work and prosper regardless of the slugs, we are stuck with them, there is nothing we can do to get rid of them, they are like cockroaches they will always be around.:shrug:

So we come to work, punch in do our job, punch out and go home hopefully to a loving family or even a dog, we have enough stress with this crappy economy, STRESS KILLS, and I'll be damned if I am going to let a slug be responsible for my demise.:soapbox:

Stay Positive :thumbsup:
You must drink more than me because I just read another thread this morning where you bashed NorthernFlash for calling out a "slug". I dont get it. You're like Jekyll and Hyde!:nutkick:

I am curious as to why no response regarding your terminated brother. This is what is wrong with labor today. Noone sticks together! Its everyone for themselves. And we call this a union?!

I don't know what the others thought Kathy but I wasn't surprised by this type of thing happening. I read your post and it stated that he got his job back and I thought it was a done deal, thats why I didn't comment myself. They will try to intimidate anybody, any where no matter how much it costs them. They think that just because this guy got his job back, many others will keep in line just so they don't have to go through the same thing themselves. Thanks for posting about this issue, I hadn't heard a word about it myself until I read your post.