FedEx Freight | July 4th

Anyone else notice how July 4th is on Saturday and we get no day off for it just the pay?

Hmmmm.... A complaint about getting paid and not having to work for it. A paid 6 day week where you only have to work 5. Is it a wonder the terrorist hate us. Probably a skeleton crew on that Friday, the 3rd so it just may work out for you. 5 for 5....sweet, good luck to you and your wishes.

Hmmmm.... A complaint about getting paid and not having to work for it. A paid 6 day week where you only have to work 5. Is it a wonder the terrorist hate us. Probably a skeleton crew on that Friday, the 3rd so it just may work out for you. 5 for 5....sweet, good luck to you and your wishes.
Yea sure finding out when on Friday morning. Good lord what low expectations. Ummm I'm just glad to have a job. I'd work for free if I could smh

Good chance Fri will be very few volunteers working. Most customers will close.

As for the "wonder why terrorist hating" us... You've got to be joking.

Dont get me wrong I would prefer to have a night off but hey they want to give me 200+ bucks for Saturday , yes sir I will take it and really enjoy sitting in my lawn chair babysitting my smoker with some righteous grub smoking away..... and enjoying a beverage or 3-4 comon

Let me get this straight if I don't work on the third I will not get paid for the fourth witch falls on a Saturday, I don't get paid for Saturday any way no loss who cares.

For us who work over night we will be working the morning of the fourth. Why not treat it like they do Christmas Eve and New Year eve, off with no pay. I for one will be calling in on the 2nd and the 3rd. 8 hours pay isn't enough to give up a holiday weekend at the lake.

Let me get this straight if I don't work on the third I will not get paid for the fourth witch falls on a Saturday, I don't get paid for Saturday any way no loss who cares.
If you were to call in sick you would not get paid for the holiday. Now if service is slow and they say we will take X amount of volunteers to have the day off you will still get paid for Saturday. So it is a wash if due to low freight levels/closed customers cause you to not be able to work, the holiday will cover your Friday pay in this case thus saving you a vacation day.

best option
If you were to call in sick you would not get paid for the holiday. Now if service is slow and they say we will take X amount of volunteers to have the day off you will still get paid for Saturday. So it is a wash if due to low freight levels/closed customers cause you to not be able to work, the holiday will cover your Friday pay in this case thus saving you a vacation day.

Boo hoo its on a weekend so that means we have to work. So do a bunch of others! Off this forum for months and I see nothing but whiny wooses here still :(