Estes | Jumping ship

pdsuperstar

TB Lurker
Credits
Thinking of leaving the big Od after 14 years. Got the call today from you guys. Before I get bashed to death, it’s after a lot of thought Od’s management is starting to suck hiring guys straight out of college font know a dang thing about trucking and the lack of accountability is unreal just ready to move on so some info on pay and benefits would be much appreciated.

If your starting extra board it’s .585 to start 7.50 to drop 7.50 to hook doubles only. 401k after 90 days full benefits family I believe costs 107 a week with long term short term 100k life and 100ADD Insurance. Out a start day each week home after 5.

P&d is top out some where around 26.50-27.00 I think starts in low 20s maybe 22ish

Where are you located? Top pay for P&D at my terminal is $26.15. Like OD, Estes doesn't pay overtime in places they aren't required to. Since you have experience, you might start out at a higher tier.

By accountability I mean in the management role I’m in as a supervisor I can’t hold the hourly guys accountable for doing there job that’s why I want to go back to driving. I’m in ATL

I have some friends who work out of Atlanta. I'll call one today and see how the P&D life is there and tell you what they say.

I second this. Why throw away 14 years? Estes is a great overall company but you're going to deal with the same BS anywhere you go. Might as well stay at the place you know and keep your tenure going.
I concur. I get pissed & look on Indeed or other ltl's websites. Then I chuckle as I visit TB. Saia drivers going to Estes, Estes asking about NEMF. OD guy looking. Same ::shit::, different truck. IMO, unless you're moving to or away from a union job, is the difference worth one's tenure?

I concur. I get pissed & look on Indeed or other ltl's websites. Then I chuckle as I visit TB. Saia drivers going to Estes, Estes asking about NEMF. OD guy looking. Same :::shit:::, different truck. IMO, unless you're moving to or away from a union job, is the difference worth one's tenure?
Depends on the boss you’ve got