Estes | Jumping ship

We lost 2 last week with 19 years in. One went to Dayton freight and the other walked out after they put him on the food warehouses again. He was 66 and collecting his social security, but wanted to work a few more years. He was the number 1 seniority driver and did food warehouses for 9 years. His knees couldn’t take all the pallet jacking anymore. He’s been off of them going on two years and his knees didn’t bother Him anymore, but the OPs manager resigned and the TM put him on them because the guy who usually does them was off sick. He thinks they were trying to force him out. Was never late and hadn’t missed a day in 15 years and that’s the thanks he gets.

We lost 2 last week with 19 years in. One went to Dayton freight and the other walked out after they put him on the food warehouses again. He was 66 and collecting his social security, but wanted to work a few more years. He was the number 1 seniority driver and did food warehouses for 9 years. His knees couldn’t take all the pallet jacking anymore. He’s been off of them going on two years and his knees didn’t bother Him anymore, but the OPs manager resigned and the TM put him on them because the guy who usually does them was off sick. He thinks they were trying to force him out. Was never late and hadn’t missed a day in 15 years and that’s the thanks he gets.
Eventually they will run out of Driver's and people to hire. I hope that I can sit back and laugh at them when I gets to that point.

They did want to make him quit. Why else do that? He should have gotten a lawyer and filed an age discrimination

They forced the number 1 guy out a couple of years ago. They forced him to work 12-13 hours a day. He would tell the TM he didn’t want to work all these hours and it seemed like he would get more. The kicker was they made him start at 5am to deliver Nike at the mall. He gave them his notice that he was going to take early retirement and the next morning the Nike delivery was moved back to a 7am start time.

You would only be swapping paint driver. Now FedEx would be a step up
My friend from FedEx said it’s getting crazy there too. Late on cut times and the dock is causing 70 million a year in damages. He said his trailer is never loaded correctly anymore. He just gave up on saying anything

I through in the towel after 22 yrs in ltl. To many assed up loads, crazy start times and just got burnt out on all the bullcrap you have to deal with on a daily basis. All of these ltl companies are trying to turn a simple job into rocket science.