SAIA | June raise

I'm very happy with the raise.. I figured we'd get a pretty good raise this year with what's happening in the LTL industry

I'm very happy with the raise.. I figured we'd get a pretty good raise this year with what's happening in the LTL industry
Many LTL companies don't care what's happening in the industry. They keep raising healthcare premiums and cutting benefits. Healthcare is a huge factor when considering compensation. Saia keeps absorbing that. I think corporate deserves some recognition for the things they do. Not just for the things they don't. This raise is just another example of why Saia is one of the best when it comes to taking care of their people.

Too bad the increase in pay does not come close to making up for forcing spouses off family plans but you still pay the family rate to keep kids on your plan.
Plus the spouse now gets hit by there employer. So now the out of pocket is much higher than before.

Too bad the increase in pay does not come close to making up for forcing spouses off family plans but you still pay the family rate to keep kids on your plan.
Plus the spouse now gets hit by there employer. So now the out of pocket is much higher than before.
Most companies are going to this .... If your wife can get healthcare through her work she can't be added. A stay at home mom can or someone that works part-time and unable to get healthcare. It's the necessary evil that can be blamed on Obama. Companies must find a way to keep cost down without passing on the increase in premiums to employees. Saia has not had a increase in years. Everyone else has.

Many LTL companies don't care what's happening in the industry. They keep raising healthcare premiums and cutting benefits. Healthcare is a huge factor when considering compensation. Saia keeps absorbing that. I think corporate deserves some recognition for the things they do. Not just for the things they don't. This raise is just another example of why Saia is one of the best when it comes to taking care of their people.
Saia does not absorb anything..that compensation is reflected in whatever you get paid..Businesses aren't here to provide healthcare to their employees..And besides it is a tax write off..No benevolence here RT..

Exactly. The insurance premiums paid by Saia (or any other company for that matter) have HUGE tax benefits. So these corporations set it up where they provide these benefits to employees or give it to Uncle Sam. Do not be fooled for a second. This isn't charity Saia is giving us...

I think you guys should start your own trucking company and pay your drivers $30 dollars per hour (ot after 6hrs)

And give free health care to the entire family (cousins and close neighbors Included)

As soon as you get the business off the ground let me know so I can fill out an application.

Until then I will stay put. After much research I have decided that Saia is the best deal going for me, since I don't like wearing brown socks and shaving twice a day.