SAIA | June raise

SoCal goes to $25.80.
That's cool ..... The cost of living is much higher in Cali ..... State income tax as well. Give me a dollar less and I will still come out way ahead. Texas isn't as pretty and the weather is much better in Cali .... But you can't have it all. I'd love to live in San Diego but Dallas will just have to do.

Not that I want too what do them guys that pull triples get and extra 2cpm. I'm pretty sure they get additional training again just curious seen guy hook up triples in kcy faster than I hook up doubles lol

Not that I want too what do them guys that pull triples get and extra 2cpm. I'm pretty sure they get additional training again just curious seen guy hook up triples in kcy faster than I hook up doubles lol

Yeah it's 2 cents more. There's only 1 schedule out of dallas that pulls triples I think. He runs to OKC then meets a KC driver in Billings.

Oh ok well I thought we all got paid the same too guess not lol that's good tho yea I'm at top pay we top out at 23.76 now , yup a lot of happy campers here in ORG

Thnx JK I always look at all options
That option doesn't come without a big price. Think long and hard about that one. Sometimes its not worth the extra money if you want any sort of a life. If you are a family man it would come with a big sacrifice that wouldn't be worth it at any price for me. If you are older with the kids grown or single perhaps it would be OK ... Just think long and hard before you ever make that jump. I did once and it cost me a marriage. Just remember renegaderider its not always about money. It should be about peace of mind. It takes a special type of character to do teams. But who know? Maybe that's you. Just don't want you to have any regrets. That's all I'm really trying to say Big Renegaderider.

Last edited:
Thnx runawaytrain but I was just pondering it I do live alone and kids r grown teams has its advantages and disadvantages u can get ahead real fast running teams and a team isn't likely to get cut but I know if u running teams and want 2 go back solo 2 or 3 years down the road it's hard because companies don't like busting a team up a team is a money maker to any company I'll most likely stay solo just was giving it a thought.

Thanks fellas. Ive already talked with them. A friend of mine is in management for saia and he is waiting on my app. Im having a tough time convincing my wife its what i need to do cause she is worried about the three months with no insurance. We just went through that last summer but this job just isnt cutting it.

Thnx runawaytrain but I was just pondering it I do live alone and kids r grown teams has its advantages and disadvantages u can get ahead real fast running teams and a team isn't likely to get cut but I know if u running teams and want 2 go back solo 2 or 3 years down the road it's hard because companies don't like busting a team up a team is a money maker to any company I'll most likely stay solo just was giving it a thought.

I ran with a guy for 2 months last winter and we where cut only 1 time. And that was due to freight being stuck out west due to storms. If you can find a good partner it's really the only way to go until you get some time in. I've talked to 3-4 guys in DLS that ran for 5-6 years then jumped off to go solo.

I ran with a guy for 2 months last winter and we where cut only 1 time. And that was due to freight being stuck out west due to storms. If you can find a good partner it's really the only way to go until you get some time in. I've talked to 3-4 guys in DLS that ran for 5-6 years then jumped off to go solo.
Yes .... It can be a good thing. It just depends on the person. I've seen so many people in my life that just couldn't cut it. A good partner is paramount to making it work. And a good company. Saia is the best company I have ever worked for so they fit that bill.