Yellow | Jury finds bar liable in Roadway driver's death

So you guys are saying that if he were stone sober the accident would have happened anyway? His sound thinking was gone because of the alcohol.

Toxic, I think you're missing the point.
No matter how mush he had he obviouly was gonna do something stupid.

As a bar owner, they have to except some responsibility for the actions of their employees. You know damn well when a guy has had enough as a bartender, and should exercise your judgement to not serve someone who is intoxicated. If this guy was visibly like that, then yes the bar should be sued.

As a bar owner, they have to except some responsibility for the actions of their employees. You know damn well when a guy has had enough as a bartender, and should exercise your judgement to not serve someone who is intoxicated. If this guy was visibly like that, then yes the bar should be sued.

According to the article the witness's at the bar said he wasn't acting like he had to much to drink.

I have served alcohol and have been through all the training for it. There are some people that even though they are legally drunk they don't show the signs of it. Also depending on the size of the establishment and how crowded it is you can not watch every single person there and moniter how many drinks every single person has. All you can do is cut off the ones that shows signs of over doing it. Even if you cut someone off there is no guarantee that a buddy isn't buying it for him.

Agreed. I dont know the size off the establishment, but usually you can tell. Sometimes after a few you cant tell, but for the most part, you can. If he was in this stage, then yes, they should be accountable. If not then no.