Yellow | Just A Question !!!!

braceface

TB Regular
Credits
I am curious.....Since Yellow bought out Roadway, did it make things better? Are there advantages for drivers or the company that were not there before? Do you feel more secure, or less secure about your future. Are you stronger as a company ?

This company is worse now and less secure ever since Yellow bought Roadway. Yellow has about run this company in to the ground, messed with peoples lives and tryed and failed at making the company more money. When we were Roadway by ourselves, we had liitle debt, ALWAYS made money, and we had more freight then we knew what to do with. Our stock was always around the mid to upper fortys, now we can not even crack twenty a share. If you are thinking about coming aboard, the best thing you can do for your self and your family is find another job. Read back thru some of the postings on the roadway board and see, this is just not how I feel it is the way it is. Good Luck but stay away from YRCW all together. Here their is no such thind as a secure job anymore. You are just a number and nothing else.

I know we should be careful for what we wish for but.......I think if RDWY was spun off as a separate company (again) and being left with what we came into the purchase with.......we could do better than we are now. Just my 2 cents.........DS.

I am curious.....Since Yellow bought out Roadway, did it make things better? Are there advantages for drivers or the company that were not there before? Do you feel more secure, or less secure about your future. Are you stronger as a company ?

is this a trick question?:biglaugh:

Stroud 120 is right. The 131 terminal would do 200+ outbound bills a night. The Yellow freight terminal next door would be lucky to hit 100. Roadway always made money, it might not have been a great earning ,but they always made money. Then the Black Widow showed up and bought The Big R and started to slowly eat it. Now it's lets try this, no that's not working, lets try this, oh wait ,that's not working. I got it lets start combining terminals!! Oh wait, thats not working, now what??

if we keep having these coo's it only means upper managment is working like a chicken with their head cut off trying to figure out how to save money for the company but end up getting screwed more and more every time they come up with a new idea, but i'm sure they are getting paid well to do this and hopefully this coo circus will be over in the northeast, won't suprise me they are the only ones that made out this past week cause if the union didn't make out on this they would've stopped the phone bid right before the first name was called cause the wording on the phone bid upset a few of my coworkers

You have to remember someone at Yellow has the job of coming up with the COO. If he does not come up with them he has no JOB. You are right BadSlavin(love it) they are back peddling and just wasting more money. I have a friend who has moved 4 times in the last 6 years, what a waste of money. All these COO we were told at 120 will get us in the 2 day market, Never Happened. They told us it was to grow the business, and we all know how that did not happen. The best one I still like is we are not in the right place, you know right by all those highways to the northeast and stuff. It is a complete joke. They are spinning their wheels, oh yeah my favorite one of all time, Sorry Palletman, was that Buffalo was going to work for the THIRD TIME. IF we as dumb drivers and dumb dock workers, could tell the last change would not work, who are the people with the white shirts and ties coming up with this stuff. I am sure that this will work and all will be better after this COO goes in affect in July. What could happen? Dee Da DEE ? LOL :tongue0002::puke:

whoever is in charge of the coo job in yellow needs a couple laid off teamsters in a trailer with him with the door shut, he'll have a coo in the trailer real fast cause i know plenty of guys that won't mind giving him hell
:chairshot: :nutkick::Bondage:

I was told by someone who knows that "R" loaned yellow money to stay afloat approx 3 years before they bought "R". I guess the powers that be just got tired of playing with teamsters and threw us to the wolves.

Yes, it was in the late 70's.To pull them selfs out they shut down a lot of terminals.[mostly in the north east]Then they modeled them selfs after roadway with the break bulk and relay system.Now they are going back to old nonproductive ways.In those days the roadway people loved it because one of the other companys might be going down.nicknamed YELLOW DOGS.When they opened maybrook ny up a lot of the roadway sups. went there.

You have to remember someone at Yellow has the job of coming up with the COO. If he does not come up with them he has no JOB. You are right BadSlavin(love it) they are back peddling and just wasting more money. I have a friend who has moved 4 times in the last 6 years, what a waste of money. All these COO we were told at 120 will get us in the 2 day market, Never Happened. They told us it was to grow the business, and we all know how that did not happen. The best one I still like is we are not in the right place, you know right by all those highways to the northeast and stuff. It is a complete joke. They are spinning their wheels, oh yeah my favorite one of all time, Sorry Palletman, was that Buffalo was going to work for the THIRD TIME. IF we as dumb drivers and dumb dock workers, could tell the last change would not work, who are the people with the white shirts and ties coming up with this stuff. I am sure that this will work and all will be better after this COO goes in affect in July. What could happen? Dee Da DEE ? LOL :tongue0002::puke:

I'm sorry for your friends multiple moves, how about the 120 guys that came to 131 and were told by the USEDCARSALESMAN that there would be no other coo's. One guy gave up 17 yrs seniority to come to 131 and go to the bottom of the list. How about Zone Loading (A.B.C.D.) As soon as the supers stop getting their bonus for moving all that tonnage ,and started squawking , the zone loading went out the window. if you 're not moving it 5 or 6 times ,how can the supers buy Christmas gifts?

its all about breaking the union.
they will keep having changes and moving freight to terminals with straight line senority ,replacing long time dock workers with $14 casuals , they will move freight around so it can all be handled by hourly u/d soon there will be no more long trips and no full time dock . cant any1 else see that..
to all you that say dock workers need to get those cdls is say bull. i wouldnt drive a truck 12 hours a day for $1.00 more per hour . and they are hoping you wont either.