Just a thought

v for vendetta

TB Lurker
Credits
Imagine both sides company and union sitting down at a table and hammering out an aggreement. Imagine pride greed
and politics could be set aside for awhile and the needs of the company and the concerns of the employees could be considered by both parties. Imagine good well trained and respected employees back at work trying to resecure the companies customers and restore a 90 plus year legacy of service and dedication. Imagine the us and them could mean
Oak Harbor versus our competition rather than company versus union. Both parties have much to lose and nothing to gain in the inevitable trainwreck ahead. IMAGINE! Well it was just a little thought . Perhaps a pipe dream .

If only it were that simple, everyone working towards a common goal sounds like a great idea. This truly is a tragedy that is happening more and more.

Sad truth Sis ,if I may call you that , is that actually communication is that simple. After all the Berlin Wall finally came down and 2 superpowers did not launch their missles.It would have meant mutually assured self destruction. Powerful men on both sides realized there could be no victor.Common sense and logic prevailed. Both parties need to try one more time here at Oak HARBOR and soon.

I believe that should have been when the federal mediator was involved on Thursday. It showed that the Teamsters were willing to talk again.
And you bet I am a Sister in Solidarity. That not only goes for Teamsters but for any labor organization. I would be holding a picket sign at the Boeing strike if I were not already at the picket line at OHFL :-)! I have stopped in at the Boeing line a few times to talk to them to see how things are going and if there was anything they needed. Did you know they are getting free coffee delivered to them by Caveman coffee in Puyallup. That is where I am going for my coffee from now on. I know what side of the fence Caveman stands on! So a big shout out to Caveman Coffee for helping fellow brothers and sisters in labor in time of need.