ABF | Just Curious....

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
It appears to me that all those at the bargaining table with ABF are mostly from YRCW Teamster companies, ie; they came from Yellow Freight, Roadway, etc,etc. Then why would ABF bargain with folks who worked for, or have more members at YRCW companies? Now I said....IT APPEARS TO ME (IMHO), so do any of these negotiators ever work as a teamsters for ABF?

I do know that since the driver shortage, ABF has hired some YRC drivers displaced when the merger took place. That being said, some (not all) of those "displaced" drivers (see "Turncoat") will vote for anything that is proposed to keep their job in Mayberry,,,However, "Turncoat" says he left on his own..who knows?

Last edited:
Hopefully,.......our Teamster Brothers will act like........brothers,.....and negotiate a good contract. No “ulterior “ motives.........

This should be an easy contract to negotiate. Extreme driver shortage,....company getting a 15% windfall in taxes,.....coming off a concessionary contract where we stepped back too far,....to the point where it crippled company hiring.........

All they need to do is......Stand Firm......Don’t accept concessions, and fix what got broken in the last contract.

Ernie Soehl was an ABF employee in New Jersey, by the way.......

It appears to me that all those at the bargaining table with ABF are mostly from YRCW Teamster companies, ie; they came from Yellow Freight, Roadway, etc,etc. Then why would ABF bargain with folks who worked for, or have more members at YRCW companies? Now I said....IT APPEARS TO ME (IMHO), so do any of these negotiators ever work as a teamsters for ABF?
:stirthepot:

Judy's just stacking the deck so she won't have to bring back that pesky lawsuit. Gotta get ABF and YRC back on the same page...and YRC appears incapable of rising up to 93% of pay and 100% of the pension, so you guys gotta come down.

Gotta be competitive.

Well I heard last night.....from a reliable source....you know....a road driver....contract is going into extension.....without a strike authorized. No doubt them YRC guys on the negotiating committees are in bed with the company....I just knew it! Now, let me get another little nap, gotta grill the honey a steak for supper in a little while! Ya'll don't worry them YRC hands got this!

Well I heard last night.....from a reliable source....you know....a road driver....contract is going into extension.....without a strike authorized. No doubt them YRC guys on the negotiating committees are in bed with the company....I just knew it! Now, let me get another little nap, gotta grill the honey a steak for supper in a little while! Ya'll don't worry them YRC hands got this!
You seem completely unconcerned with your future. No wonder you helped YRC out so much.

Life's pretty good here in Mayberry, but if I have to I'll bring the grill to the picket line to cook the hotdogs and boil us some cowboy coffee...

Judy's just stacking the deck so she won't have to bring back that pesky lawsuit. Gotta get ABF and YRC back on the same page...and YRC appears incapable of rising up to 93% of pay and 100% of the pension, so you guys gotta come down.

Gotta be competitive.

But,......Competitive ,...in that sense,.......means going down the economic escalator........

And here I thought all along, that the Yuge,Bigly, Tax Breaks were supposed to help out the middle class,.......

Where's our pre-contract bonuses? Where's our Benevolent Company pay raises?

I think that ArcBest should.......SHARE.........some of that 15% windfall tax break they got..........7.5% should be Fair, don't you think?

Anything less would be.......Unpatriotic.........