Yellow | Just got hired as a dock worker, have a couple questions.

And as far as anyone knows, the current MOU expires in April, 2019. What happens then as far as restored wages, and a lost week
Of vacation will probably be addressed then. If you stick it out here for 3 years to get to full scale, and the health insurance stays company paid, I would advise get into the 401K as soon as you can to start saving for yourself. The plan we are in is union sponsored, but you totally control it. This is not the greatest place to work, nor the worst, if you figure you're company paid health insurance, and pickup OT when offered, you can still take home a nice check.
I very much appreciate this information.

Well :::shit:::. That's... Disappointing. I'm still very excited for the opportunity to be working for the company, as I'll still be making around $500 a month more then I previously was, but if I may ask, why are you so sure it will be in place forever? I've done my homework and I realize they are in quite a lot of debt and not in the most financially stable position, but forever? That's quite a long time (anytime is a good time for humor)!
One thing you might learn as you gain years in employment here.Is that yes you have a vote in elections but in voting for changes in a MOU example maybe we could gain a percentage back in pay.If the union administration does not want us and you to get it back then the vote will be a scam and turn out for the company.Otherwords you will get what the union administration and company (one in the same)will let you have.

Welcome aboard, no matter what you hear,it's still a very good job,you can still make a very good living here,and the medical is the best you will find in our industry, best advice,stay away from the negativity, it will wear on you if you let it it,you will work with some of the best in the industry, there's a lot of good people here, everything else will work itself out, this job is only gonna be what you choose to make it,don't let anyone else decide that for you,so best of luck to you,

And I'm sure if you wanted to get your cdl,if you don't already have it,you will find people more than willing to help you ,I'm sure if you were willing to put the time in the company would let you use the equipment, get yourself qualified in the yard,the more qualified, the more work opportunity you have

2 of the 3 breaks i worked at were all about safety shoes . if you didnt have them go home or they would send you there with a letter to remind you

2 of the 3 breaks i worked at were all about safety shoes . if you didnt have them go home or they would send you there with a letter to remind you
Once upon a time, many many moons ago, we had a shipper who's safety committee decided that all drivers who came to their facility would need steel toed shoes. Having read my NMFA I knew that any clothing that the employer required I wear they would pay for. ABF would not pay for my steel toed shoes, I did not get them and I still picked up and delivered at that company.

here we go with local to local rules . roadway tannersville .deal was made it we had to wear them they paid for 1 pair per year . kernersville deal was made they didnt pay we didnt have the wear them . charlotte a whole different deal was made they didnt want to pay got the thumbs up from the local and they checked everyone daily .wear or be written up and sent home

I hear wong's shoes are marked left and right.

DCMBkq0.jpg

And as far as anyone knows, the current MOU expires in April, 2019. What happens then as far as restored wages, and a lost week
Of vacation will probably be addressed then. If you stick it out here for 3 years to get to full scale, and the health insurance stays company paid, I would advise get into the 401K as soon as you can to start saving for yourself. The plan we are in is union sponsored, but you totally control it. This is not the greatest place to work, nor the worst, if you figure you're company paid health insurance, and pickup OT when offered, you can still take home a nice check.
I'm not sure I was able to catch what I will cap out at.

And is OT fairly easy to pick up? I'm looking to work as much as possible, in the next 4-5 months to buy a new truck.

I am set to work at a terminal in the north east if that will help at all, then again I can just wait until I start on the 14th to ask these questions, but you've been very helpful answering many of my questions in the meantime, and I thank you for that.

I'm not sure I was able to catch what I will cap out at.

And is OT fairly easy to pick up? I'm looking to work as much as possible, in the next 4-5 months to buy a new truck.

I am set to work at a terminal in the north east if that will help at all, then again I can just wait until I start on the 14th to ask these questions, but you've been very helpful answering many of my questions in the meantime, and I thank you for that.
Is your real name Jay Huff?