Estes | just had my best day at estes

xhubdriver

TB Lurker
Credits
thats because it was my last day. no more weekends,sleeping in crappy bunkrooms and hotels, and gotta love all the sitting around we do. extraboard is the worst, not sure how you guys can do it for all those years one was enough for me.

thats because it was my last day. no more weekends,sleeping in crappy bunkrooms and hotels, and gotta love all the sitting around we do. extraboard is the worst, not sure how you guys can do it for all those years one was enough for me.
Doggone!! Everything is what you make it. I had to think for a minute what a bunkroom was but I remember now.

I'm looking at Tractor Supply myself...Work days...Inside work..Pretty nice...Money is not as good, but hell, I've been working for the big bucks for the last 30 years,and it's got me nowhere...Except a nest egg for retirement...Maybe soon... This company is going to turn for the worst,once Junior is gone....

Put my name on a pinch over 400 mile daylight schedule. Got my fingers crossed. Got some projects to do at the house. I may go back extra at the end of the year if I get it.

One mans trash is another mans treasure.Haven't been at Estes long,been working about 4 days a week,including weekend and getting 2000-2200 miles.The only sitting I do is at home,definitely don't sit on weekends-10 hours and running.I agree,the bunkrooms could use a little spicing up,but I can handle 10 hours at a time in them if the money is good.

One mans trash is another mans treasure.Haven't been at Estes long,been working about 4 days a week,including weekend and getting 2000-2200 miles.The only sitting I do is at home,definitely don't sit on weekends-10 hours and running.I agree,the bunkrooms could use a little spicing up,but I can handle 10 hours at a time in them if the money is good.

The weekends are the best time to run,in my opinion for extra board...You're in and out,no bickering with Central Dispatch...They usually just tell you to pick where you want to go...

Welcome aboard, good choice, can't see you looking back on that decision once you get the hang of things around here

I've been here 3 months and average 594 miles a day, most of my sitting is at the house. The extraboard at Estes may not be the greatest but it's a far cry from the worst. Good luck with your new job, hope it's everything you want it to be.

spent over 18 yrs at the big e before making the leap off that bridge. i tell ya what, should have done it alot sooner. the company changed so much from when i started to my last day. been gone for 4mos, keep intouch with some of the guys, telling me its getting worse. questioning everything, they need to look in the mirror, that would answer alot of the questions. dont get me wrong, i enjoyed 'most' of my time there, made good friends, learned alot but golly i couldnt take it anymore. there were people go before and after me, and we all say 'there is life after estes'

stay thirsty my friends-----now its really time to start drinking heavily !!!!!!

I run to my meet point and back 5 nights a week. I get paid weekly. I have decent insurance. I'm happy. It don't take much.

I love when 10+ year drivers leave. It helps me out during rebids.

Things suck here from time to time, but I'm happier here than I've been anywhere else.

Its about adaptability,I left Estes went to UPS freight and now Im back at Estes.The micromanagement style of UPS,Fedx,Conway and a couple of other LTLs is creeping its way into Estes, more so in the bigger terminals Im sure,I do feel for the younger guys starting out because this management style is a mind **** right from the the start and parts of this management style are designed by people that really understand how to **** with other people.So what to do,just do your job to the best of your ability everyday, ***** and moan as little as possible,Im not saying to just shut up and take a bunch of unfair crap, just think before you fly off the deep end and find yourself with the scrawny little neck of some 13 year old dock boss in your hand before you know it,seems like this is all they hire anymore.The way these companies are being managed is not going to get any better for the employee,so personally learn to deal with their **** or go start your own company or take up a new line of work because this job has never been kind to the easily offended or faint of heart.Have a good day gentlemen,stay safe.

Thanks for the post and helping me cope with the new regime that has been making me feel that I'm imcompetent in what I once took pride in doing! Nobody wants to hire on here because they want you to be a utility driver,another term for "we will pay you less and treat you like crap" and because of that kind of mentality I am privileged (sarcasm) to average 55 hrs a week. Now I'm older and slower and don't have kids to raise it reminds me of Superman comics remember Bazarro land where everything was backwards? 3 more yrs folks and they may stick it where the sun don't shine

I can't say nothing bad. Cental really has been taking care of me. Even when I was utility. I just drive south flop my fat ass down go back home and do the same. Normally get Wednesday off then get a phone call Thursday saying my fort Myers, West palm or Miami is ready whenever I am. I can only remember one time in the last few years I went north and that was a few weeks ago. I believe it may have something to do with me just doing what I'm told. I'll fill in for schedules even teams. Call me what you will but I've worked many weekends because others didn't want to. : I love those folks up at the home office. They are the reason i dress like Panama Jack and drink my coffee from a chrome coffee cup.
:butt kiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say nothing bad. Cental really has been taking care of me. Even when I was utility. I just drive south flop my fat ass down go back home and do the same. Normally get Wednesday off then get a phone call Thursday saying my fort Myers, West palm or Miami is ready whenever I am. I can only remember one time in the last few years I went north and that was a few weeks ago. I believe it may have something to do with me just doing what I'm told. I'll fill in for schedules even teams. Call me what you will but I've worked many weekends because others didn't want to. : I love those folks up at the home office. They are the reason i dress like Panama Jack and drink my coffee from a chrome coffee cup.
:butt kiss:
Did you get the bid run?

It's football season. No more saying, "Tivo It for me, ill watch it later!“ 9-1630 Monday thru Friday. I may never bid off this run. It's got to be the best thing since the bread slicer
I hope the boyfriend knows about the new hours.

Last edited by a moderator: