just in, I knew you would want to see it

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Really?
    If we had no unemployment compensation would a vote even come up in this Congress to create it?
    How about raising the minimum wage?
    Expanding Social Security?
    Staying in session to approve funds to fight the Zika Virus?
    I rest my case.

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

The Blacks have been hoodwinked by the Democrats for generations. They admit that their society is getting worse, yet refuse to vote for change. The Democrats make all of these promises to them, yet fail to deliver. "Hope and CHANGE" hasn't changed anything. The Blacks have just been lied to again. No jobs being available doesn't promote any change.

3. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

Actually, it was White, male, property holders.

Nowadays, more people than that have "skin in the game".

Magoo likes this.
  4. Northern Flash

If? If? If? Blah, blah, blah.

Do you mean raising it up to $15.00 per hour? That same $15.00 per hour that will put them in the unemployment line as the Kiosks get installed?

No reason to expand it.

If approving funds to fight the Zika Virus is soooooo important, why did the Democrats add funding for PLANNED {baby carving} PARENTHOOD into the bill?

5. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Lefts idea of generosity is
    isnt unemployment a state function?

6. CCXdriver

You're so out of the loop.

Nobody plays "Candy Crush" while working anymore, now it's "Pokemon Go".

pilot87 and Magoo like this.
  7. Northern Flash

Do you think that America having about 50% of it's citizens paying ZERO Federal income tax is a good thing? Pay taxes or you are ineligible to vote. Do this, and we will see a crazy change in who's running this country. Hint: It won't be the Democrats.

8. Northern Flash

Yep. I know I am. I think most people get my point though. Even you.

I'm also tired of dragging my bag phone in and out of my vehicle. That cord is annoying. lol
    I heard that some phones don't have a cord nowadays.:biglaugh:

jimmy g and CCXdriver like this.
  9. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Northern Flash likes this.
  10. CCXdriver

That would exclude retirees, as well as people who worked their whole life, but are now disabled (possibly due to Military service).
    Let's not forget soldiers in active combat overseas.
    Full time workers that just don't make enough to reach the tax threshold.
    Etc. etc.

Hey, Donald trump may not be able the vote, if you had your way!

Kids, that's called irony!

pilot87 likes this.
  11. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Americans do invest in American Companies......and many American Companies are very profitable....... It would be better, however, if those very profitable American Companies invested in America rather than hoarding those profits outside of the Country ........

Corporations need to be regulated....they would destroy the environment for profits....and they leave the country to exploit foreign workers for very low pay first and foremost......... Something you're fine with as long as it helps the billionaires that you feel so loyal to.... To bad you didn't have the same zeal in helping average American people who really need the help..... If you think that voting for wealthy politicians that are heavily influenced by Corporate money are going to do anything to help the average person over the interests of the powerful and wealthy.....you're not thinking......

And just so you know...... Corporations have been offshoring jobs long before Obama became President...... Obama has done nothing to change that....but offshoring jobs is NOT something that just started in 2009....

CCXdriver likes this.
  12. Northern Flash

We can split hairs all day long about where the number comes from, but the point is simple, we need more people paying their fair share. Even the low income earners need to pay something, even if it's just a small amount. And they damn sure shouldn't be getting an income tax return from the Fed, since they didn't pay in. Do this.....and the Dems will never win another election.

13. pilot87

Like voting for corrupted wealthy politicians that the corrupted political system provides for you to "vote" for.....thinking that will somehow make your life better...?...

14. Northern Flash

What's offensive is when I hear people like you supporting the fact that your party has continued to make promises to the black community, and never live up to them. Each election cycle your party promises them jobs in their community and a "better life", yet your policies keep things the same. Example: Nearly every crime ridden metro is run by the Dems., and has been for decades.
    As Trump said.......WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO LOSE BY VOTING FOR HIM?

15. Northern Flash

16. pilot87

I see you're so concerned about people paying their fair share.....unless of course they are wealthy or large Corporations....for example...take G.E....From 2008 to 2013, they raked in 34 billion in profits, yet they received a tax refund of 3 billion from the Internal Revenue Service. That made G.E.’s effective corporate income tax rate over this six year period a negative 9 percent.....
    Are you fine with that?.... G.E isn't the only one either.... You complain about corporate tax rates....but as you can see most don't pay anywhere near the "corporate tax rate"....
    You defend Corporations paying zero and getting refunds on top of that while you want low wage earners to pay their "fair share".....
    You think it's ok, for example, that your savior Donald Trump pays little ,relative to income, in taxes through legal loopholes....but yet you think low wage earners that don't make enough to pay federal taxes shouldn't use that legal "loophole" to offset their taxes...

The point is simple..... Corporations should also be paying there fair share as well.... I'll use G.E. again as an example...
    In 2012, G.E stashed $108 billion in offshore tax havens to avoid paying income taxes. If the use of offshore tax havens were outlawed, they would have have to pay 37 billion in federal income taxes that year.....and I'm sure that is an on going yearly practice for them and others...... You are so concerned about the poor and working poor, i.e low wage earners, paying their fair share..... Lets hear you be just as clear in voicing your concern that the wealthy and highly profitable Corporations also pay their fair share as well....

17. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Fair tax...No loopholes,corporate or citizens.

jimmy g likes this.
  18. Northern Flash

That can't get any support from the left. Without there being people with no skin in the game, the Democrats lose their voting base, since their base loves getting a tax refund even after paying nothing in.

19. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Funny,they whine about Trump and what he may or may have not paid.How many jobs has he created???
    Yet,you never hear mention from that group about Sharpton,Soros,and some of the other pigs in their stall.

Northern Flash likes this.
  20. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Like I said nothing would get passed by a Republican Congress except tax breaks for the rich, they love that one

pilot87 likes this.