Yellow | just like the school " BULLY " taking your lunch money ?

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
YRC is just like the school "BULLY" taking your lunch money , IF YOU NEVER SAY NO , he will keep taking it ?? so that is what YRC thinking is they voted YES 2 times before , and so we will just keep asking a 3rd time and a 4th time in 2 more years , and WHY NOT , as YRC knows that the SHEEP will keep voting YES forever , so WHY should'nt they keep on asking and taking our money , they know its a WIN WIN for yrc:regretful: !!!!

I had my lunch money taken a couple of times back when I was a kid. The third time I punched him square in the mouth.I think its time we punch YRC square in the mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
YRC is just like the school "BULLY" taking your lunch money , IF YOU NEVER SAY NO , he will keep taking it ?? so that is what YRC thinking is they voted YES 2 times before , and so we will just keep asking a 3rd time and a 4th time in 2 more years , and WHY NOT , as YRC knows that the SHEEP will keep voting YES forever , so WHY should'nt they keep on asking and taking our money , they know its a WIN WIN for yrc:regretful: !!!!

God knows I wish it was that simple! So until I see what's put on da table I'll shut up!

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. No need to wait till what U can see on the table. I regretfully inform U that it will be more of the same ( paycheck & pension diet ) U have been on the last 5 years. This is a great time to realize its time for an aggressive offense to pressure the Company into making a decision based upon our decision to Not Accept Anymore Concessions.
Instead of passively waiting for them to decide just how much PoLe they are gonna Ram down the hoLe ! The Ground We Stand Upon Is Shakey @ Best Any Way U Slice It..! I Say Stand Firm In Our Best Interest Instead of Being A Submissive Housewife For An Abusive Spouse !

So, by your logic , if they close they owe you $60k plus @year ?

they don't owe you a dime. either vote yes or no for their offer. all either owes is what you agree to- provided the stay open .

So, by your logic , if they close they owe you $60k plus @year ?

they don't owe you a dime. either vote yes or no for their offer. all either owes is what you agree to- provided the stay open .

I don't agree with you on this one..I voted "NO" every time and they still stole money out of my check...

I don't agree with you on this one..I voted "NO" every time and they still stole money out of my check...

Live by collective bargaining, die by collective bargaining so to speak. You let others negotiate on your behalf and you take the good with the bad. I have always prefered to be responsible for my own successes and failures.

Every day we're alive, we make choices of what to accept or not to accept. I left 5 years ago; I didn't think YRC would even survive (I was wrong- so far)- let alone ever go to full scale pay or full pensions. Debt is a killer. Vote your conscience- take your chances. Just remember- many families rely on this job and have no good options if it goes under. Most qualified have already left. I tell no one how to vote- I only replied because many seem to opine that only the 'no' voters are 'real' Teamsters...

Since Hoffa is for the extension- how many times will you have to vote to 'get it right'? :LMAO: Hoffa can't afford another Wonder Bread...

Every day we're alive, we make choices of what to accept or not to accept. I left 5 years ago; I didn't think YRC would even survive (I was wrong- so far)- let alone ever go to full scale pay or full pensions. Debt is a killer. Vote your conscience- take your chances. Just remember- many families rely on this job and have no good options if it goes under. Most qualified have already left. I tell no one how to vote- I only replied because many seem to opine that only the 'no' voters are 'real' Teamsters...

Since Hoffa is for the extension- how many times will you have to vote to 'get it right'? :LMAO: Hoffa can't afford another Wonder Bread...
I don't know why hostess keeps coming up in these posts.the teamsters vote to give everything up and passed it just like this place has.it was the bakers that had enough of the pillaging out of the years of concessions.and unlike the bakers,we will continue to allow them to rob us everyday or until I read otherwise,because right now I would bet they will get what they want if it goes to a vote just like hostess teamsters did.

I don't know why hostess keeps coming up in these posts.the teamsters vote to give everything up and passed it just like this place has.it was the bakers that had enough of the pillaging out of the years of concessions.and unlike the bakers,we will continue to allow them to rob us everyday or until I read otherwise,because right now I would bet they will get what they want if it goes to a vote just like hostess teamsters did.

Because in that poker game the bakers called and lost. And it illustrates a fundemental flaw in the union's strategy. We are negotiating with the banks through YRCW. Are we as the employees willing to seek MODEST improvements? To me, any savings through refinancing should PRIMARILY be committed to new equipment. And increased pension contributions. I'm well aware of the problems at CSPF. However I'm not in that fund.

Because in that poker game the bakers called and lost. And it illustrates a fundemental flaw in the union's strategy. We are negotiating with the banks through YRCW. Are we as the employees willing to seek MODEST improvements? To me, any savings through refinancing should PRIMARILY be committed to new equipment. And increased pension contributions. I'm well aware of the problems at CSPF. However I'm not in that fund.
I understand your logic,but we negotiated in good faith every time and they are deeper now than they ever were.it will do no good to give them more concessions,they have proven that quarter after quarter.it's over,the holes to big to patch and our pockets are empty.there has never been a teamster freight company that has survived with givebacks,we are no different.it was a waste of our hard earned money and I said that from day one.

I mentioned Hostess because that was more Teamster Jobs lost. Teamster Truck Driving jobs are more scarce than ever....

I understand your logic,but we negotiated in good faith every time and they are deeper now than they ever were.it will do no good to give them more concessions,they have proven that quarter after quarter.it's over,the holes to big to patch and our pockets are empty.there has never been a teamster freight company that has survived with givebacks,we are no different.it was a waste of our hard earned money and I said that from day one.

You`re right. What the concessions do is possibly give you a job for 6 months or a year or until the next debt payment comes due. It gives the rank and file a chance to feed their family while the fat cats at the top fill their pockets. With a 1.4 billion dollar debt there is no long term security at YRC for the working man, but what bothers me is that the fat cats at the top will have theirs and will never have to worry about a job while the working man will have to struggle and start all over again should this company go under. YRCs days are numbered but what is that number, one month, one year, or 50 years? They can never pay off a 1.4 billion dollar debt.

Doesn't matter whether you are a "fat cat at the top" or "the working man", those who live below their means and prepare for the future will be fine, those who don't, won't. Mike Tyson, Evander Hollyfield and Scotty Pipen are all folks who made more than $100MM in their career and ended up BK.

My daughters went to an elementary school that had a custodian who owned a landscaping business and 2 rental homes in our neighborhood. He has the equity and rental income from the homes, a good income from his landscaping business and great retirement from the school district. He is a success, yet never had a job making more than $20/hr.

Will the "BULLY" win a 3rd time ??? again and then be back in a year to ask for more again & again & again !!!!! at what point in LIFE do you STAND UP FOR YOURSELF !!!!

More of the hooray for me to hell with you mentality. YRC wants a standardized absenteeism policy,how about a standardized everything policy so every Teamster has the same pension, work rules and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
imo the you are right hostess and yrc are the same .both are trying to break the union .
its didn't matter how the bakers voted they would of found another way to screw them out of their jobs .
management took raises and bonus;s and kept asking for give backs.
when they are done draining every penny they can from yrc is when they close the doors .not until .
if you don't look out for yourself who will ?

imo the you are right hostess and yrc are the same .both are trying to break the union .
its didn't matter how the bakers voted they would of found another way to screw them out of their jobs .
management took raises and bonus;s and kept asking for give backs.
when they are done draining every penny they can from yrc is when they close the doors .not until .
if you don't look out for yourself who will ?
The new CEO of Hostess was on t v soon after they reopened and this guy had the biggest grin when he said the company is now union free . He was as happy as a fly on a dog turd when he said no one will ever have a pension in the future of Hostess . Why would he care ? when he is getting millions a year and still ain't happy . Its my belief that CEO'S that practice this way of life are men and women with out a conscience and a person with out a conscience is a person with out God . That's my belief .