XPO | Just my thought on the end of Conway as we know it.

I read all this doom and gloom on here, and no one on here has any hard evidence of what is going too happen .pay cuts, no over time,more for insurance, loss vacation time , none of us know what is going too happen............we just all just have to sit back and see what our future holds for us. it will not happen overnite its going to take time . this company has been stale for a long time and we need a change ...we are no longer # 1 in ltl and not have been for a long time since jerry deter left this company..stottler and his boys gutted this once great company and this is what we are left with.....my biggest complaint is ......im at the end of my career and im not getting what was promised to me when I hired on here 23 yrs ago...my pension, pay cut , we have too be our own bank per john labree.......they stole a years vacation time from us and we all sat back and let it happen . the only we can do is sit back and lets all see what happens.......oct 15th Conway is gone.........we can accept it or move on..i can only hope for the best for my fellow employees and thing get better us all..............

I read all this doom and gloom on here, and no one on here has any hard evidence of what is going too happen .pay cuts, no over time,more for insurance, loss vacation time , none of us know what is going too happen............we just all just have to sit back and see what our future holds for us. it will not happen overnite its going to take time . this company has been stale for a long time and we need a change ...we are no longer # 1 in ltl and not have been for a long time since jerry deter left this company..stottler and his boys gutted this once great company and this is what we are left with.....my biggest complaint is ......im at the end of my career and im not getting what was promised to me when I hired on here 23 yrs ago...my pension, pay cut , we have too be our own bank per john labree.......they stole a years vacation time from us and we all sat back and let it happen . the only we can do is sit back and lets all see what happens.......oct 15th Conway is gone.........we can accept it or move on..i can only hope for the best for my fellow employees and thing get better us all..............

Stoltar and his boys ran this company into the ground. Stoltar's common stock alone is worth about 14 million. Goodbye Stoltar. I hope I never meet you on the street. I welcome XPO. Maybe we can be great again!!!

Stoltar and his boys ran this company into the ground. Stoltar's common stock alone is worth about 14 million. Goodbye Stoltar. I hope I never meet you on the street. I welcome XPO. Maybe we can be great again!!!
So, what is your definition of 'great'? Let's have everyone chime in on this. 'Great' means different things to different people. One camp wants more money, another wants more vacation time, another wants his pension back, yet others want to be treated better (also a relative term), and so on and so on. The 'problem' is is that somebody ELSE is going to decide all that FOR you. With this transition happening so quickly, the new 'sheriff' didn't have time to survey the populace. I hope for your guys' sake he accepts some feedback from the rank and file on how to make the company 'great' again.

But your own post makes it clear that all this doom and gloom has happened before. It's possible then, that it can happen again.

Great meaning a strong company making a lot of money and some of that trickling down to us folks at the bottom.

So, what is your definition of 'great'? Let's have everyone chime in on this. 'Great' means different things to different people. One camp wants more money, another wants more vacation time, another wants his pension back, yet others want to be treated better (also a relative term), and so on and so on. The 'problem' is is that somebody ELSE is going to decide all that FOR you. With this transition happening so quickly, the new 'sheriff' didn't have time to survey the populace. I hope for your guys' sake he accepts some feedback from the rank and file on how to make the company 'great' again.

Pull profitable freight. Make lots of money. Don't do stupid ::shit::.

Amen, brother!

From my pulpit behind the wheel it all sounds so easy. Dedicate your self to the basics. The very fundamentals of picking something up over here and taking it over there. And suddenly your operating expenses will go down and your profits will go up.

Amen. I am tired of trolls talking smack about our outfit. I don't care if they worked here before or not. If you don't work here now you are a visitor and should post like one.
damn i guess im a troll too as im conway truckload driver im here as i guess no truckload drivers are utilizing the truckload board maybe we lack the computer literacy of LTL

damn i guess im a troll too as im conway truckload driver im here as i guess no truckload drivers are utilizing the truckload board maybe we lack the computer literacy of LTL

Dude or chick, if you are driving for Dougie you are one of us. Relax. Thanks.

oh boy bad news now i just read a wall street article on xpo now is receiving offers and considering selling truckload.quite the opposite to no changes for a year. guess we will be first on the chopping block now im getting that bad feeling again i checked it out its real and he wants to add economy rate ltl service (economy pay too?) i been told that jb hunt and swift are 2 of them but have not confirmed it anyway here we go been nice working with you frieght guys

oh boy bad news now i just read a wall street article on xpo now is receiving offers and considering selling truckload.quite the opposite to no changes for a year. guess we will be first on the chopping block now im getting that bad feeling again i checked it out its real and he wants to add economy rate ltl service (economy pay too?) i been told that jb hunt and swift are 2 of them but have not confirmed it anyway here we go been nice working with you frieght guys
Can anybody explain the nuts & bolts of this proposed economy rate LTL thing?

i'm still going to ride it out to the end but if its sold to a less than desirable i'm going if it sells i'm afraid my team (dispatch) will be first to go without them i'm just a number

Can anybody explain the nuts & bolts of this proposed economy rate LTL thing?

Right now what Con-way specializes in is next day. What OD specializes in is economy. There is some blending of course. But that is the nut shell of it. The time definite part of the equation is all. The rest of it is freight on a trailer. So at our level. Really not much difference. In the office, pricing and lanes change to reflect a different customer base.

He hasn't committed to selling. He received unsolicited offers, probably from bottom feeders looking for a deal.

If you are bought by SWIFT. I am sorry man. You gotta go get you some place else to be. Can't be driving a SWIFT truck.
If he were to end up over at Swift, that would be a good thing for the rest of the drivers on the road, since there would finally be a Swift driver that can stay in their own lane.

Relax Bender.......it ain't over for you until the fat lady sings. You're going to worry yourself sick.