XPO | Just my thought on the end of Conway as we know it.

I wouldn't expect any big changes anytime soon. The last thing that he wants is to make changes that would cause a mass exit of the employees. Not enough employees would blow his entire business plan all to heck. It will be business as usual for at least another year, while he takes time to analyze the situation. If there are any immediate changes, they will all be positive.....with a large influx of new freight.
Sure......some people will look for things to whine about (like an ugly uniform) but in reality, I expect to hear about positive changes.
This guy is radical in his thinking.... The old school ltl is done. He's going to change things so radically, other companies are going to be left with their shorts around their ankles.

This guy is radical in his thinking.... The old school ltl is done. He's going to change things so radically, other companies are going to be left with their shorts around their ankles.
Another guy who is going to reinvent the wheel just what the world needs.
The money to do this deal has to come from somewhere, and as in the past most likely the front line employee's will be the ones with their shorts around their ankles.

Another guy who is going to reinvent the wheel just what the world needs.
The money to do this deal has to come from somewhere, and as in the past most likely the front line employee's will be the ones with their shorts around their ankles.
He created a multi-billion dollar company from nothing in five years.... Yeah, that's exactly what we need, and what your whole damn country needs. The us was built by people taking chances and risks. We need more innovation, not less. Unless you want to learn Chinese?

Some people post as though Conway is losing money, and based on what I read, that's simply not true. So I wouldn't expect major changes right away, I'd expect more of what I call "fine tuning adjustments".

If it's not broke don't try to fix it. Fine tune.....yes.....complete overhaul.......no.

My understanding from what I heard Mr. Jacobs say concerning selling TL was ... 1st he can't do that just yet cause he doesn't own con-way yet. 2nd, if he did sell TL,(and even that idea is a big if cause he still has it in the back of his mind that he wants Conway TL to be more efficient and profitable by getting them more loads through his brokerage network),he wants to sell it at as high of a price that he can possibly get in order to offset a significant chuck of the Conway debt that he will be taking on w/ his acquisition of Conway. My point... I doubt that he will be entertaining any offers from any 'bottom feeder' TL companies. But then again if and when he does sells TL, maybe that's the only offers he'll get. Time will tell.
why did we get a message on our dashboard asking to continue as usual and not deny that we are being sold? and what faster way for a bottom feeder to rise to the top than to buy your way up

why did we get a message on our dashboard asking to continue as usual and not deny that we are being sold? and what faster way for a bottom feeder to rise to the top than to buy your way up
I don't know how the message was worded, but you shouldn't deny that you are being sold. Conway Freight,Conway Truckload, and Menlo Logistics ARE being sold.......to XPO.

Don't read so much into it. You are letting your mind wonder way too far Bro.

Take a deep breath.

You speak as if this guy is the " Bill Gates" of the trucking industry. I hope and pray that this turns out at least o.k. For everyone. However, I have never seen a group so positive about being bought out. Many football coaches try to invent the " new great offense or defense, " which in reality it comes down to running, blocking, and tackling. The same is true of the LTL industry. Hard work, good equipment, happy employees, and excellent service and rates is the bottom line. You can't make the customer change, and that is what has to happen for an elete new step in the LTL industry to happen. When customers and LTL companies start working together then massive changes can and will happen. Not when some young billionaire gives great pep talks.

I don't know how the message was worded, but you shouldn't deny that you are being sold. Conway Freight,Conway Truckload, and Menlo Logistics ARE being sold.......to XPO.

Don't read so much into it. You are letting your mind wonder way too far Bro.

Take a deep breath.
no you dont understand we at truckload are being sold from xpo why is that hard to understand? we will be sold twice and not be part of xpo so if (and its quite possible)we end up part of jb cunt or a swift dick im gone if i wanted to work for them i would have gone there long ago

You speak as if this guy is the " Bill Gates" of the trucking industry. I hope and pray that this turns out at least o.k. For everyone. However, I have never seen a group so positive about being bought out. Many football coaches try to invent the " new great offense or defense, " which in reality it comes down to running, blocking, and tackling. The same is true of the LTL industry. Hard work, good equipment, happy employees, and excellent service and rates is the bottom line. You can't make the customer change, and that is what has to happen for an elete new step in the LTL industry to happen. When customers and LTL companies start working together then massive changes can and will happen. Not when some young billionaire gives great pep talks.
Good post, volnuck! I believe what you're talking about is a 'business partnership.' In otherwords, it has to work for BOTH parties. How many of your accounts come to mind that demand their behinds be kissed at every turn? What THEY forget is that we're a business too...and, therefore, need their cooperation as well. Hence the word: partnership. So many of these companies are littered with these young hot-shots that 'got ahead' by supposedly trouncing the competition, and that doesn't translate well when trying to 'create' a new business model.

We were going down the rabbit hole. Fast. Management were bleeding us dry. Honestly, had we been bought by another trucking company, most would be fearful. This is like a big sigh of relief. Now... Will there be job loss? Yes. I'm not a fool. We have too much duplicity now. They will do what they need to to be profitable. I can only hope the loss is not bad.

no you dont understand we at truckload are being sold from xpo why is that hard to understand? we will be sold twice and not be part of xpo so if (and its quite possible)we end up part of jb cunt or a swift dick im gone if i wanted to work for them i would have gone there long ago
I'm hoping that it's a matter of someone unintentionally jumping the gun... With no leader, who knows what the hell is going on at truckload.

I'm hoping that it's a matter of someone unintentionally jumping the gun... With no leader, who knows what the hell is going on at truckload.
They ( XPO ) have impressed a lot of people that work here by deciding to clean house when it comes to upper management.

The next step is seeing who takes the place of the outgoing regime. I hope it's not " The king is dead , long live the new king " scenario. In other words " Meet the new boss , the same as the old boss..."

There's supposed to be a nationwide search taking place for "new" upper management. We shall see.....

Good post, volnuck! I believe what you're talking about is a 'business partnership.' In otherwords, it has to work for BOTH parties. How many of your accounts come to mind that demand their behinds be kissed at every turn? What THEY forget is that we're a business too...and, therefore, need their cooperation as well. Hence the word: partnership. So many of these companies are littered with these young hot-shots that 'got ahead' by supposedly trouncing the competition, and that doesn't translate well when trying to 'create' a new business model.
Thank you sir. If LTL companies can set up " partnership contracts" within their annual freight contracts this can work. Company "x" guarantees LTL Co. "Y" our freight will be ready each day to pick up at 3:30. All bill of landings will be e-mailed to your office by 3:30. Head loads and directional percentages of all freight can be figured and ready to be unloaded and loaded on the appropriate trailers the minute the loads bump the dock.

Thank you sir. If LTL companies can set up " partnership contracts" within their annual freight contracts this can work. Company "x" guarantees LTL Co. "Y" our freight will be ready each day to pick up at 3:30. All bill of landings will be e-mailed to your office by 3:30. Head loads and directional percentages of all freight can be figured and ready to be unloaded and loaded on the appropriate trailers the minute the loads bump the dock.
I wish that would happen, but it never will. Not in the world of just in time warehousing.

You speak as if this guy is the " Bill Gates" of the trucking industry.
There were a lot of people who made fun of Bill Gate and his idea also, but look who's laughing now. This Jacobs guy could be a new trailblazer for the industry, who knows. But as long as the employees do their job, reduce claims, and keep their unit with the shiny side up, he'll at least have the opportunity to flourish and maybe pave a new path for the LTL industry to follow.
And it sounds like the Conway employees were looking for some kind of overhaul of the operation......so what better opportunity to make a fresh start.

I could have missed it, but I still haven't seen where XPO said that Truckload was up for sale.(I'd like to see the link if he did say it)
But if you're right.......you might want to blow the dust off your resume'.

Thanks for the link av8tor.

However, someone show me where Mr. Jacobs said that Truckload IS up for sale.
Here's a few of his comments from the article.

but the company hasn’t decided whether to sell, Chief Executive Bradley Jacobs said Wednesday.
“We have made no decision yet on whether or not to keep Con-way Truckload.
It’s true we have received several unsolicited inbound calls from interested buyers but we haven’t decided,” Mr. Jacobs said in an e-mail.
Still, he said, there are a lot of synergies if XPO keeps the unit.

This is the only comment that comes close to supporting the "selling" rumor.
....and that he would consider selling it for a high price
So how many companies are going to be willing to buy Truckload for a top dollar price?

Words matter, and some people are reading too much into it, in my opinion.:idunno:

Thanks for the link av8tor.

However, someone show me where Mr. Jacobs said that Truckload IS up for sale.
Here's a few of his comments from the article.

This is the only comment that comes close to supporting the "selling" rumor.

So how many companies are going to be willing to buy Truckload for a top dollar price?

Words matter, and some people are reading too much into it, in my opinion.:idunno:
I agree. For instance: right now, I'm not planning on selling my car. However, if people start approaching me trying to buy it, I may start to think about it. If someone offers me more than I think I could get otherwise, and I'm in debt because I just bought two other (much nicer) cars, I may seriously consider it. Everything is for sale if the price is right, but he isn't offering Truckload up for sale.